6/10 TNA Slammiversary PPV - Roode v Sting, Joseph Park v Bully Ray, Angle/AJ v Daniels/Kaz, WWE...

DC, u got to take into account that sting was a huge star legend before austin, hbk, rock, cena were.

u want to rank sting, its with flair, hogan, macho man, warrior, guys like that.

Why do I have to take that into consideration? Dude said that Sting is 4th in terms of popularity. That is just false. Outright FALSE. Someone always has to come before someone else, so am I not supposed to rank the new before the old because of that? No, that is silly.

Sting is not more popular than anyone I named.

Point blank.

in terms of sales yea, but fan favorite, cena is not and hbk is debatable

What is your definition of popularity? You can go two ways with it.

A. Liked
B. Who gives a damn about you

I am using the B. definition and by that definition, Cena > Sting.

HBK debatable? I guess.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by gunnascott

We're still doing the Sting is/is not an icon thing lol everyone knows Sting is the 4th biggest Icon popularity wise

4th in terms of what?
Hogan

Flair

Austin

Rock

HBK

Cena

4th what?

In terms of popularity.
1. HBK was never a draw his reigns as WWF champ were some of the low points for the company
2. Sting main evented the PPV that had the biggest buyrate in the company and should have been the guy to lead the company along side Goldberg.
Your list should look like
1. Austin
2. Rock
3. Hogan
4. Sting
5. Cena
6. Flair

whooaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

hogan not #1?

he will NEVER be knocked out that #1 spot.

WWE was been fallin off during the cena era

so i wouldnt put cena top 5 nor top 10 he's just pure merch sales

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

Business wise WWE started falling off post-WM 17 so you can't really fault him for the company's fall off when it started slipping during Austin/Rock era

Originally Posted by casekicks

We're still doing the Sting is/is not an icon thing lol everyone knows Sting is the 4th biggest Icon popularity wise

Dude don't even bring it back up..It finally died down and thats how it needs to stay..Besides we all know that Sting was one of the biggest stars in the history of the sport of professional wrestling..Except for 4w, who is clueless and refuses to admit to The Stinger's greatness..So like I said let's just leave it alone..Thanks
laugh.gif

4th biggest?  O rly?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

And with your lists, you need to put an * since you're not going back past 1985.

Well even when you go pre-1985 popularity wise most of them aren't going to effect the list since they were in the territory era. The only 3 people that could shake the lists posted are gorgeous George, Snuka, and Andre

Im pretty sure if you make a list of most popular then I think most within the business would say Andre is #1..I've heard/read for years that nobody has ever been a bigger draw or more internationally known than Andre the Giant..Of course we really can't talk any real ppv buys cause of when the invention of ppv came about, but the benchmark that all ppv/supershows are compared to is still WrestleMania III..And WMIII isn't selling out the dome or selling that many ppv buy's without Andre..

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

Business wise WWE started falling off post-WM 17 so you can't really fault him for the company's fall off when it started slipping during Austin/Rock era
I think Cena personifies a lot of what is wrong with pro wrestling today, but he has headlined the biggest wrestling company in the world for over 6 years which is a pretty remarkable feat.  Not sure where I rank Cena, but he's probably top 10 of modern stars.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

And with your lists, you need to put an * since you're not going back past 1985.

Well even when you go pre-1985 popularity wise most of them aren't going to effect the list since they were in the territory era. The only 3 people that could shake the lists posted are gorgeous George, Snuka, and Andre
Bruno was huge.
If you want to go way back, you can start talking about guys like Thesz, Gotch, Hackenschmidt.

Dave Meltzer on The LAW just said there is a big story coming out tomorrow (Monday).  It's business related.  He was very cryptic about it.  We'll see.

Where do u guys see bob backlund in terms of legend status ( one of my personal favorites)

I wouldn't put Backlund in the top 50..From what I understand he wasn't that big of a draw, but he was still popular and a respectable champion..

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

DC, how would u rank the top 5 japanese wrestlers ever?

1. Inoki
2. Muta/ Mutoh

3. Misawa

4. Liger

5. Kenta Kobashi

I would have added Tiger Mask but only under Misawa

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

DC, how would u rank the top 5 japanese wrestlers ever?

1. Lord Tensai
2. Funaki
3. Tajiri
4. Steve Blackman
5. Yoshi Tatsu

Back
Top Bottom