6/10 TNA Slammiversary PPV - Roode v Sting, Joseph Park v Bully Ray, Angle/AJ v Daniels/Kaz, WWE...

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

DC, how would u rank the top 5 japanese wrestlers ever?

1. Lord Tensai
2. Funaki
3. Tajiri
4. Steve Blackman
5. Yoshi Tatsu

SON..
laugh.gif

The Rock was recently asked on Twitter if his WWE schedule will be affected by the release date of G.I. Joe 2, The Rock said, "It may, bud. Not sure right now. We're all trying to work it out though."

A fan asked The Rock if he would "accept a challenge" to fight Brock Lesnar again. Rock replied, "I loved wrestling Brock Lesnar. We had epic matches. He's my good bud and one of meanest SOB's walking. #RockTalk."

Rock also talked about how he wishes he would have been able to work with "Macho Man" Randy Savage during his earlier career. The Rock said, "Would've loved to have wrestled Randy 'Macho Man' Savage. I idolized his in ring work & mic skills. What charisma.. #RockTalk," Rock said.

Prior to Chris Jericho's suspension due to an incident in Brazil involving Jericho kicking the Brazilian flag, he was originally scheduled to miss one weekend of WWE house show events as well as the June 11 RAW taping, then return at the June 17 WWE No Way Out PPV.

From June 6 to June 11, Jericho will be touring with Fozz and will also miss No Way Out due to his WWE suspension. He was originally scheduled to face Randy Orton at the pay-per-view, according to the Wrestling Observer. Both are now suspended and will miss the event. It seems Jericho will be able to work his Fozzy schedule and still fit in his WWE schedule which has him booked up to November.

Jim Ross recently commented positively about two members of WWE's developmental talent pool.

Ross, who is headed to Florida to evaluate the developmental talent this week, said the following about Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose:

On Seth Rollins: "Confident he will be a 'player.' big upside potential."

On Dean Ambrose: "Unlimited potential. Calling Ambrose vs. (William Regal) Thurs. at FCW."

- As previously mentioned, WWE's monthly business figures for May listed the preliminary buyrate for WWE Extreme Rules at 251,000, equating to 147,000 domestic buys and 104,000 international buys. The official total will be reported in the Q2 report later this year. The company has also revised their WrestleMania 28 PPV buyrate to is 1.21 million, down from a reported 1.30 million. Vince McMahon had noted in the quarterly conference call that buys were "slightly lower" than the the initial announcement. The company did not release a preliminary break down of domestic vs. international buys for WrestleMania.

- As noted several weeks ago, Rey Mysterio's contract with WWE has reportedly been extended. Mysterio's contract is said to have been pushed out for the length of time he's been away from the company due to his injury, which has been since August. This means that he will have around ten to eleven months added to the end of his deal.

Originally Posted by horchata kid

1. Inoki
2. Muta/ Mutoh

3. Misawa

4. Liger

5. Kenta Kobashi

I would have added Tiger Mask but only under Misawa
Intradesting list.

No one has love for Tsuruta?

Speaking of Japan..

I've bee watching a lot of Big Japan as of late. These guys are %%%+$*@ insane.

Originally Posted by horchata kid

1. Inoki
2. Muta/ Mutoh

3. Misawa

4. Liger

5. Kenta Kobashi

I would have added Tiger Mask but only under Misawa

%@*% Inoki

1. Kawada
2. Liger
3. Kobashi
4. Jumbo
5. Misawa

6. Hashimoto

Originally Posted by gunnascott

IMO Flair is the greatest of all time but he was the face of NWA/WCW when they were #2 to WWE so to me that drops him popularity wise

Oh ok so what about the time period that Sting was #1? Does that drop his popularity? Sorry but that logic you just presented isn't logical at all.
My top 5 favorite wrestlers

1. Muta/Liger

3. Great Sasuke

4. Hayabusa

5. Ultimo Dragon

Top 5 from a historic perspective

1. Rikidozan

2. Inoki

3. Giant Baba

4. Misawa

5. Tiger Mast

Don't hold me as speaking the gospel though, I didn't start watching Japanese wrestling until 96. 
laugh.gif

4w, what hints did Dave drop?

He was very vague about it.  He said it would be a business story.  He said it would be a big deal to industry people, not necessarily to casual fans.  He said the news would be out today, and he was already working on a story on it for this week's Observer.  I'm thinking maybe something with the Network??
Edit: He never did clarify that it was about wrestling.  It could be something to do with MMA.  So we'll see.

Impact Live This Thursday
AJ & Angle & Sting v Daniels & Kazarian & Roode

Dixie's reaction to the phone with AJ that Daniels & Kaz played.

NTWT BREAKING NEWS
NTWT SuperStar[emoji]174[/emoji] GHIMS[emoji]8482[/emoji] recently was requested an autograph from WWE SuperStar[emoji]174[/emoji] Kofi Kingston[emoji]8482[/emoji]

Here's that very autograph.

1338834347534.jpg

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Speaking of Japan..

I've bee watching a lot of Big Japan as of late. These guys are %%%+$*@ insane.
Daisuke Sekimoto is cool:

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by gunnascott

IMO Flair is the greatest of all time but he was the face of NWA/WCW when they were #2 to WWE so to me that drops him popularity wise
Oh ok so what about the time period that Sting was #1? Does that drop his popularity? Sorry but that logic you just presented isn't logical at all.
My top 5 favorite wrestlers

1. Muta/Liger

3. Great Sasuke

4. Hayabusa

5. Ultimo Dragon

Top 5 from a historic perspective

1. Rikidozan

2. Inoki

3. Giant Baba

4. Misawa

5. Tiger Mast

Don't hold me as speaking the gospel though, I didn't start watching Japanese wrestling until 96. 
laugh.gif

At Stings peak he was not on the level of Rock Hogan and Austin his early 90s stuff was good but late 90s Hogan buried him

Back
Top Bottom