6 shots in to his kid out of the gun, Ns be a father youu killin yo sons MEET THE PARENTS

pimp.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen this is how you tell a story with suspense while rhyming

This could have easily been made into a movie.

Easily in Hova's top 10 songs

I think its easily Meet The Parents > Brenda's got a Baby

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

He should've flexed his storytelling muscles more throughout his career...

I came into this thread a few times.. to say something along those lines
laugh.gif

I know a Emo chick who HATES rap and hip-hop but this is her favorite song ever.

I liked the Blueprint 2 A lot. I know many people have mixed reviews about it. This song is one of those songs you refer those Jay-Z haters to andsay...Listen...

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

wackness

indifferent.gif
I didnt think it was possible but I seethat some people cant except a great song. I played this for my homeboy who swore that Wayne is 10x better than Jay after I forced him to listen to the lyricshe admitted that it was hot and asked me to burn some Jay albums for him

Originally Posted by ej205

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

wackness

indifferent.gif
I didnt think it was possible but I see that some people cant except a great song. I played this for my homeboy who swore that Wayne is 10x better than Jay after I forced him to listen to the lyrics he admitted that it was hot and asked me to burn some Jay albums for him

just ignore duke.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

you gotta learn to ignore post like that. she just wants attention......and you gave her that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
music forum always gets disrespectful, I love it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vintagefits

you gotta learn to ignore post like that. she just wants attention......and you gave her that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
music forum always gets disrespectful, I love it.
laugh.gif
ima edit, i thought duke was a girl...my bad homeboy.

Originally Posted by its Labrev

I love this song and all but no.

grin.gif
aight maybe I od'ed with that statement but Meet The Parents isup there

damn yall easily offended
laugh.gif

i b high yall... chill... the song is crack... just blaze showed his +!! on that one... no weezy...

This could have easily been made into a movie.

Agreed. I always thought Jay should have done a little something extra with this track like a video or some type of expanded min-series with this like how R.Kelly did trapped in the closet. A great storytellying track with great insight at the end.

i always thought it was "kin"

Easily in Hova's top 10 songs
its up there...

great song. GREAT ALBUM
just too long for the dudes that "skim through it."

Yes, great album, and as you said, the skimmers wouldn't enjoy. The lyrical content was top 5 out of all of Jay's albums. Remove two or threefillers, and you got a classic IMO.

I like Meet The Parents. But the song's deep meaning and understanding just never struck a chord with me and made me say "that's a terrificsong." I won't say it's overrated, but I personally thought it was a good song and more of an experiment than anything.

Originally Posted by its Labrev

I love this song and all but no.

it could very well be that way though. you gotta think about both sides of hte hood and how things go down.
brendas got a baby is more on the side of awomans point of view.
while meet the parents is on the side of a man living in the ghetto. a kid growing up etc etc.

in a sense, the boy from meet the parents could be Brendas "baby".

i enjoy meet the parents more though personally.

the ability to tell a story in the form of rhyming and make it sound so vivid just
justifies his RAWNESS!!!

Back
Top Bottom