this Fabolous hit piece is a teachable lesson on fake outrage

Reaction score
SNL’ Faces Backlash Over Fabolous’ Surprise Appearance With Meek Mill

By JOHN CONNOR COULSTON - January 27, 2019

typically stirs up some controversy during its sketches, but the latest musical performance is causing some unwanted buzz.

SNL welcomed Meek Mill as a musical guest this week, and while he has a colorful legal past of his own, his guest's current legal issues made viewers pause. The 31-year-old Philadelphia rapperwelcomed New York City's own Fabolous out for a performance of their collaboration "Uptown Vibes."

On social media, it was pointed out that Fabolous currently has a serious legal case hanging over his head. As NorthJersey.com reports, he "Into You" rapper was indicted in October 2018 after allegedly abusing his girlfriend, possessing a weapon and making terroristic threats.

Brown Recluse@TheQueenofKush

So Meek Mill has Fabolous' abusive *** performing with him on #SNL. Y'all really hate women and refuse to hold other men accountable.

12:16 AM - Jan 27, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

16 people are talking about this

The incident allegedly occurred in March 2018, with Fabolous (real name John David Jackson) striking his girlfriend, who is the mother of his children, in the face seven times. The woman is said to have lost her two front teeth in the alleged altercation. He also allegedly threatened to hit her in the head with a baseball bat and murder her. Later in March, Fabolous allegedly threatened the woman, her father and brother with scissors. The rapper reportedly told her father that he had “bullet with his name on it.”

This startling abuse accusations did not sit well with some SNL viewers, who did not approve of Fabolous earning such a high-profile slot on television.

Kimberly2019@dontcallherkim

Boooooo, Fabolous! I literally skip this track when I listen to the album. #cancelabusers #SNL @MeekMill

12:13 AM - Jan 27, 2019

See Kimberly2019's other Tweets

"So Meek Mill has Fabolous' abusive *** performing with him on SNL," one user wrote. "Y'all really hate women and refuse to hold other men accountable."

Another SNL viewer added, "Wasn't Fabolous just indicted for intimate partner violence against his wife? WTF is he doing on SNL????!!!"

"Boooooo, Fabolous! I literally skip this track when I listen to the album," one user wrote, adding a hashtag for "cancel abusers."

HSJR@typhlosionbrick

Dawg Fabolous got nooo pop for the surprise appearance

12:14 AM - Jan 27, 2019

See HSJR's other Tweets

Less-knowing Fabolous fans did show support for his appearance online. However, it did appear to be the case in-studio. Some noted that the SNL crowd did not seem too hyped for Faboulous' appearance, which some assumed would receive a bigger reaction from fans.

"Dawg, Fabolous got nooo pop for the surprise appearance," one fan noted.

Faboulous and NBC have not responded to the backlash concerning the performance.

0COMMENTS
Saturday Night Live airs weekly at 11:30 p.m. ET on NBC.

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/201...-over-fabolous-surprise-appearance-meek-mill/

2-3 people on twitter wit a microscopic amount of followers not feeling fab (both got told to **** respectfully) and yet da minute i google fab's name this is da 1st article that comes up..

looks like certain media folks tryin to drum up fake outrage on Mr. Sport.

I was watching him and Meeks performance on youtube and was wondering in this era will people "outraged" at them having Fab on.

still dont get how hard yall nyc-ers hype up fab
he low-key trash
and a try hard

Don't think this thread was about his ranking in hip hop. :lol

How is it fake outrage? Are you really surprised people don’t want to see someone who beat their wife on tv?

Anyways never was a fan of fab so if anything happens to him I don’t give a damn. Dude is a garbage human being and he exposed himself.

nah, his debut was in 2001..solid and classic

giphy.gif

How is it fake outrage? Are you really surprised people don’t want to see someone who beat their wife on tv?

lack of twitter engagement, these are literally random people with low followers you plucked outta twitter to shape a narrative. notice da lack of retweets/likes.

its clear hit piece material.

lack of twitter engagement, these are literally random people with low followers you plucked outta twitter to shape a narrative. notice da lack of retweets/likes.

its clear hit piece material.
I mean regardless who gives a **** honestly

Does it really bother you that an article was created to slander a woman beater?

Did the crowd even know who the **** Fab was? Wasn't he at some concert not too long ago getting cheered? I'm also happy they didn't get on Meek head for working with him in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom