Anyone Else Not Give a **** About the Troops?

No disrespect to any service members on here, but the constant catering to these guys and gals is wild annoying. I'm not anti-military or anything like that, but I just don't give two ****s about the people that make up the military post-Desert Storm.

Nothing cringier than an adult walking around town in a costume uniform all in hopes of getting 15% off a $4 cupcake.

1576948253625.gif

how am i supposed to support the troops when i'm against all these unnecessary wars we've been stuck in for decades as well as the promotion of our imperialistic ways? nah

no one should buy the trope that they're there to secure our "freedom."
they're there to work on behalf of american business interests who don't care about the rest of the world while continuing to speed up its demise

No disrespect to any service members on here, but the constant catering to these guys and gals is wild annoying. I'm not anti-military or anything like that, but I just don't give two ****s about the people that make up the military post-Desert Storm.

Nothing cringier than an adult walking around town in a costume uniform all in hopes of getting 15% off a $4 cupcake.

post desert storm ,what’s the difference? Is the second paragraph all you have to say about this? Are you trying to be funny?

post desert storm ,what’s the difference? Is the second paragraph all you have to say about this? Are you trying to be funny?

If you fought in WWI, WWII, Nam, etc, I'll tip my hat to you. Desert storm changed the way wars are fought. Nowhere near the same.

As for the last part, that's an actual true story that I experienced first hand at my girlfriend's mother's bakery.

can i watch a damn game in peace without having to feel guilted into faux patriotism every time they roll out some maimed vet in a wheelchair?

and we're supposed to support the troops?

how about the government do its job and support them when they come back from fighting instead of leading them into a life of poverty, homelessness and mentall illness?

do as i say, not as i do bs

Thought y'all were taking about:

I'll see myself out.

Speaking as a former service member

I personally feel uncomfortable when people thank us for our service and so do alot of vets I know. Also, you dont need to be in uniform to get a discount, and last time i remembered you are not allowed to walk around town in uniform unless to and from base (stopping by gas station) or if its a recruiter on duty.

Dad served 20 years in the Air Force. Mom has worked for the Army for 30 years. I've been surrounded by military my whole life. That 'howdy doody, Captain Planet, here to protect our freedoms' garbage really only applies to like 10% of active duty military and is a propaganda tool for the US.

Most service members aren't nearly as noble or courageous as you'd be led to believe, at least in my experience. Most of them are trying to escape poverty, get school paid for, change their life, etc. Some were just directionless and needed a profession. The freedoms of United States citizens is somewhere in the distance as far as their list of reasons for joining.

Last edited:
What’s really weird is how they make a public spectacle of parents who serve and then go home to surprise their kids and family. It’s nice to see the kids happy and the parents safe but why do you need to do it in front of an audience and not at their homes. Then newscasters will talk about they need a 24/7 network showing these reunions.

Nah, I have two uncle's that told me stories about what type of **** some of these enemies soldiers did(Kosovo, Iraqi government against the Kurds, Afghani warlords, ISIL attacking Northern/Central African Nations civilians, terrorists running attacks in Pakistan, etc.). Believe or not, there would be any number worst leaders running government and more powerful terrorist cells. I hate the government doesn't look after it's veterans better.

how am i supposed to support the troops when i'm against all these unnecessary wars we've been stuck in for decades as well as the promotion of our imperialistic ways? nah

The individual soldiers don’t go to war because they really want to, but because they were sent there after a decision was made by OUR civilian leaders and OUR by democracy. You can oppose the decision, but by not supporting the troops you’re just opposing men/women who had no say in the matter.

While I agree that the current wave of constant deification and the fawning hero-worship of US military troop gets old, it’s a small price that we as a country must pay for squandering their lives and limbs of our young people in needless foreign adventures.

Why you upset about their discount?

Back
Top Bottom