Elderly Asian Man gets attacked, laughed at and Robbed for His Cans in SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

computersputin

formerly arrowcollarman
Man I couldn't believe it when I saw this video this morning. What is going on in the country.

You can watch the video here :

VIDEO: Elderly Asian man attacked, humiliated while collecting cans in San Francisco neighborhood
5964733_022420-kgo-can-collector-img.jpg

Disturbing video shows an elderly man collecting cans in San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood before being assaulted and reduced to tears.

Monday, February 24, 2020 5:16PM
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Disturbing video showing an elderly man collecting cans in San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood and then being assaulted and reduced to tears is gaining attention around the world.

The video, originally posted to Instagram over the weekend, has since been deleted by the user but has been re-posted by others.

Since being re-posted, it has received hundreds of thousands of views and comments calling for help.

“The video is very disgusting to see. Elder abuse.” — Supervisor @shamannwalton speaks about this viral video of an elderly Asian man attacked, bullied & humiliated by a group of people for collecting empty cans in a Bayview neighborhood. @SFPDBayview working the case. #racism
View image on Twitter

San Francisco Supervisor Shamann Walton, who represents the Bayview District, condemned the incident on Monday.

The city leader is vowing to continue efforts to implement programs like expanding the Vision Zero plan to combat violence in neighborhoods and lobbying for more resources to unify communities.

"Elder abuse is taking place," Walton said. "We're working on getting somebody intermittently who can work with our office to coordinate how to respond to and prevent and intervene in violence in our district as a whole."

Also part of the solution is the city's Community Ambassadors program, formed in 2010 in response to two high-profile, racially motivated attacks on Asian seniors.

Members of the multi-lingual team ABC7 News spoke to in nearby Visitacion Valley wished they were present for what happened over the weekend and believe they could have helped the situation.

"Yes, I think so. If Johnny, the one who speaks Chinese on my team, could have been here to talk to him, to tell him what was going on and help him get out of there," said Schevonne Baty, the community ambassador team lead for Visitacion Valley.

While racial slurs can be heard in the video, San Francisco police have not yet called the incident a hate crime.

Police are investigating and trying to locate and identify the victim and witnesses.

Offers to help the victim and his family are pouring in from all over the world and from high-profile celebrities, but funds can't be given out until the victim is identified.

SFPD encourages those who knew anything about the incident to call their anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444

Last edited:
Really sad and inhumane. Idk what runs thru the minds of those bullies. I hope karma comes back to those cowards! How do you just record and mock the elderly?

Are there still triads in SF? Can't let that ride if you dig what I'm sayin.

Not uncommon. Older or immigrant looking Asians are targeted heavy. Guy was just stupid enough to record and the content was particularly inhumane enough to go viral.

Pretty sure the SE Asian gangs in Long Beach started because Asian immigrants who came here to escape the war were targets for racial crimes.

What I don't get is if you going to steal his cans, why laugh and mock him when he's obviously in pain over something so small to some of us, but it could be how he feeds his family. COLD WORLD.
Minorities have it hard enough without this inner racial fighting.
Laughing and hollering, exactly how white ancestors treated slaves. The cycle continues.

Dudes is corny and clown ****
BUT
For folks who don’t live in the bay
And don’t go to SF
there’s plenty of neighborhoods
Where Asians predominantly live
Where they are racist as hell
The avenues being predominantly one of em
While I’m not giving them black folks a pass
I’m not bout to sit here and act like it ain’t opposite going on in them other neighborhoods in SF.
I went to school in the avenues
And can tell u some stories

BUT
And don’t go to SF
I’m not bout to sit here and act like it ain’t opposite going on in them other neighborhoods in SF.

tell us some stories then to balance this event out.

Hmmm so black folks know not to mess with Asian folks huh???
So does that mean Asians can mess with black folks where u from with no repercussions
What the guy saying is false. BK black folks mess with Asians all the time, may it be delivery man, nail & cosmetic store owners , the list goes on and on.
I rarely hear or see the opposite though, not saying it doesn't go down. Because I'm sure it does.

What the guy saying is false. BK black folks mess with Asians all the time, may it be delivery man, nail & cosmetic store owners , the list goes on and on.
I rarely hear or see the opposite though, not saying it doesn't go down. Because I'm sure it does.
and I'm not for anyone messing with anyone
just don't impede my advancement whether its school or career
or hell my advancement down the block

BUT
And don’t go to SF

That's one of the worst response ever lol

You're essentially saying don't feel bad when hate crime happens to a specific group of people because there might be racist/hateful individuals of that same group.

BUT
And don’t go to SF

*WhatAboutIsm*

Man, not trying to go THERE but if I had the ninjahood ninjahood approach of making new threads, there would be DOZENs and DOZENS of threads showing how disrespectful Asians are to PAYING black customers. But knowing how things are around here, I don't do THAT.

Sad situation with that old man, I read the title and assumed it was US doing THAT.

The Black / Asian dynamic is deep but we don't really talk about it.

I’m not giving the black folks a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom