Official 2024-25 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clippers suck.

Lost PG8 and Theiss, must not be a good franchise.

Curry to the Lakers within 2 years.

IMG_0621.gif

Celtics got a straight Laker in spirit on they team smh

That also means Tatum prolly going to be a Laker someday, also smh

thats my point center

These Olympics should help him out even more with passing abilities

Canada has a tough road, but I am looking forward to their friendly tomorrow against the US.

Who was the most touched by getting the USA jersey?

Symbolically, the first person I went to speak to formally about the Olympics was Joel [Embiid]. And that was back in fall of ’22, actually a week before their opening night. And I knew that earlier that year he had obtained his French citizenship and we found out that summer he obtained his U.S. citizenship. So, I called up [Philadelphia 76ers general manager] Elton Brand in early October. I said, ‘Hey, man, I got to get an audience with Joel. Can you help facilitate that or come to practice, whatever?’ Shout-out to Elton. He basically connected me and said, he wants you to come to his house. So, I went to his house …

But I didn’t know if he’d give me 10 minutes, he’d give me 30 minutes. So, I sat with him and his assistant 90 minutes. It was an incredible conversation. He was thoughtful, engaging, asked great questions. I thought he knew a lot about the logistics and Lille. He had done his homework, didn’t commit to anything. But I was just impressed with who he is. I didn’t know him that well. I interviewed him once for Inside Stuff years ago. Really smart, really thoughtful. And I felt like he really wanted to play in a FIBA competition. And so, it was a sales job, but it was also just talking and answering questions. And so, we kept in contact via text. So, I felt like, now let me go to him first. He was the first guy I spoke to. He’s the first guy. And I’m not saying there was a pecking order or anything like that, but everyone else didn’t have a choice of what country to play for. He had a choice [of us, France and Cameroon] and he chose us and it was beautiful.

So camp is beginning and there was some noise about the French team and the managing director there putting some stuff out, almost like an ultimatum, if I remember correctly. I called Elton like, ‘Hey man, training camp, I want to come see Joel. Let me know if it’s OK.’ And this was Oct. 3 and my birthday is Oct. 5. And so, Elton is like, come tomorrow. I said, ‘I’ll come to Philly.’ He said, ‘Oh, we’re in Boulder, Colorado.’ And so, I fly out to Boulder and they’re doing training camp out there. There was a beat writer there in the hotel. So, I had to act like, ‘Yeah, I’m here doing the television, I work in media. I’m here doing a little TV interview.’ But we had a little conference room and we sat and talked and a continuation of the conversation from the year before.

And I answered questions and I told him, ‘Look, we’re not giving you an ultimatum. We have time. And so, I just want you to have peace of mind with whatever decision you make. Good to have options.’ And so, he said, ‘I’ll let you know when I’m ready.’ And I flew out and he called me the next morning and said, ‘Happy birthday, I’m playing with you guys.’ Wow. So, I told my wife, ‘You got to top that birthday present!’ But it was good, Joel, they all were excited.

I did Joel, it was tough logistics. We had three or four days. Steve Kerr did Steph. Spo [USA Basketball assistant coach Erik Spoelstra] did Bam. [USA Basketball assistant coach] Ty Lue did Kawhi [Leonard]. [men’s national team director] Sean Ford did LeBron and AD [Anthony Davis] because they were in New Orleans. And then I hopped around Philly, Minnesota, got Ant [Anthony Edwards] and then KD and Book [Devin Booker]. They were there, Boston and then Indy [for Tyrese Haliburton]. They were going to get Steph after his game. I was in Philly that night. I did Joel’s game and [Golden State Warriors senior vice president of communications] Raymond Ridder was going to call me on FaceTime when they were doing the whole thing. And so literally it’s like 2:30 in the morning, I’m sleeping, I’m in the hotel in Philly. Phone rings, I wake up, and Raymond’s like, and he gives me the steps. So, I don’t know what I said, but even over the phone on FaceTime, this guy [Curry] has done everything and he was fired up. They all were. So that was really, really special.

ALL EMBIID HATERS CAN SUCK ONE

If you bashed embiid at any chance for some jokes/likes dont let me see you reppin USA

I understand Jaylen Brown being upset, but Derrick White is an excellent fit.

But lets be honest, they should of added Caitlin Clark, imagine her winning Gold with the Men's team, all the WNBA players would be jealous.

Who was the most touched by getting the USA jersey?

Symbolically, the first person I went to speak to formally about the Olympics was Joel [Embiid]. And that was back in fall of ’22, actually a week before their opening night. And I knew that earlier that year he had obtained his French citizenship and we found out that summer he obtained his U.S. citizenship. So, I called up [Philadelphia 76ers general manager] Elton Brand in early October. I said, ‘Hey, man, I got to get an audience with Joel. Can you help facilitate that or come to practice, whatever?’ Shout-out to Elton. He basically connected me and said, he wants you to come to his house. So, I went to his house …

But I didn’t know if he’d give me 10 minutes, he’d give me 30 minutes. So, I sat with him and his assistant 90 minutes. It was an incredible conversation. He was thoughtful, engaging, asked great questions. I thought he knew a lot about the logistics and Lille. He had done his homework, didn’t commit to anything. But I was just impressed with who he is. I didn’t know him that well. I interviewed him once for Inside Stuff years ago. Really smart, really thoughtful. And I felt like he really wanted to play in a FIBA competition. And so, it was a sales job, but it was also just talking and answering questions. And so, we kept in contact via text. So, I felt like, now let me go to him first. He was the first guy I spoke to. He’s the first guy. And I’m not saying there was a pecking order or anything like that, but everyone else didn’t have a choice of what country to play for. He had a choice [of us, France and Cameroon] and he chose us and it was beautiful.

So camp is beginning and there was some noise about the French team and the managing director there putting some stuff out, almost like an ultimatum, if I remember correctly. I called Elton like, ‘Hey man, training camp, I want to come see Joel. Let me know if it’s OK.’ And this was Oct. 3 and my birthday is Oct. 5. And so, Elton is like, come tomorrow. I said, ‘I’ll come to Philly.’ He said, ‘Oh, we’re in Boulder, Colorado.’ And so, I fly out to Boulder and they’re doing training camp out there. There was a beat writer there in the hotel. So, I had to act like, ‘Yeah, I’m here doing the television, I work in media. I’m here doing a little TV interview.’ But we had a little conference room and we sat and talked and a continuation of the conversation from the year before.

And I answered questions and I told him, ‘Look, we’re not giving you an ultimatum. We have time. And so, I just want you to have peace of mind with whatever decision you make. Good to have options.’ And so, he said, ‘I’ll let you know when I’m ready.’ And I flew out and he called me the next morning and said, ‘Happy birthday, I’m playing with you guys.’ Wow. So, I told my wife, ‘You got to top that birthday present!’ But it was good, Joel, they all were excited.

I did Joel, it was tough logistics. We had three or four days. Steve Kerr did Steph. Spo [USA Basketball assistant coach Erik Spoelstra] did Bam. [USA Basketball assistant coach] Ty Lue did Kawhi [Leonard]. [men’s national team director] Sean Ford did LeBron and AD [Anthony Davis] because they were in New Orleans. And then I hopped around Philly, Minnesota, got Ant [Anthony Edwards] and then KD and Book [Devin Booker]. They were there, Boston and then Indy [for Tyrese Haliburton]. They were going to get Steph after his game. I was in Philly that night. I did Joel’s game and [Golden State Warriors senior vice president of communications] Raymond Ridder was going to call me on FaceTime when they were doing the whole thing. And so literally it’s like 2:30 in the morning, I’m sleeping, I’m in the hotel in Philly. Phone rings, I wake up, and Raymond’s like, and he gives me the steps. So, I don’t know what I said, but even over the phone on FaceTime, this guy [Curry] has done everything and he was fired up. They all were. So that was really, really special.

ALL EMBIID HATERS CAN SUCK ONE

If you bashed embiid at any chance for some jokes/likes dont let me see you reppin USA

I was honoured he chose us.

Why would any winner choose any country other than the USA.

AMMMMMMEERRRIIICCCCAAAA... F YEAH!

A lot of racism and true colors coming embiids way

Nasty nasty discourse man in a game that didnt matter

Embiid ALWAYS starts off slow and needs to ramp up

Holla at me in a week or 2

He may start off slow but I don’t think it’s unfair to question a player of his status to foul out of a game in 12 minutes of playing time. I mean I don’t really care because it was an exhibition, but if that happens during group play, etc, it’s going to be louder by many.

Kerr had him in a draymond roll last night which i loved

Noone mentioned his passing/cuts its just all jokes about why is he even in USA, Take his citizenship away, wahh he was too aggressive

A lot of nasty **** being said

I don’t mind seeing Joel get humbled in his first action of playing FIBA. We know he’s a sponge and has the capacity to continue to improve and adapt his game to team needs. I’ll be watching the exhibition games to watch his growth into being a role player and not the main hub for a team on both offense and defense. It just sucks that his haters really really really hate him so it makes a bad game look like he just killed somebody’s grandma.

Last edited:
Need pistons to tank for Flagg

But even if they suck they won’t get #1

They did improve though so I think realistically they can win 30 games this year easily

Wow im jelly of the Knicks, Brunson took a $113 million dollar cut, LeGreedy only took a $3 million dollar cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom