70% of Divorces are filed by women. 90% of Child Custody cases are awarded to women.

Is there a nice way of telling your longtime GF that you’re starting to not believe in the institution of marriage? Or is it best to just rip the bandaid off and break it to her immediately?

also, does anybody have experience with prenups? Is it insulting to bring that up or naw?

Is there a nice way of telling your longtime GF that you’re starting to not believe in the institution of marriage? Or is it best to just rip the bandaid off and break it to her immediately?

also, does anybody have experience with prenups? Is it insulting to bring that up or naw?
Tell her

It's only insulting because society wants you to believe so

Yeah me and my BM got into before our lease was up and I wasn't allowed back in our apartment despite the fact that I paid half the rent, all the utilities, and furnished the entire place. Even after she finally moved back I couldn't even go back in until after the court date, which was a day before our lease was up, even though I paid the last month's rent by myself and she signed the paperwork to take her name off the lease.

About to close on this house on the 18th (was supposed to be today but the title work is taking longer than usual thanks to covid). Her name wasn't gonna be on the mortgage in the first place, but after her little stunt she will only be a visitor in my house... maybe come 1 week a month until I feel comfortable staying longer, and only for the sake of my son because I would have already washed my hands of her were it not for him. No bills in her name or any mail with her name on it is not allowed. I'll never let a woman put me in a position like that again especially not with a house.

Yeah me and my BM got into before our lease was up and I wasn't allowed back in our apartment despite the fact that I paid half the rent, all the utilities, and furnished the entire place. Even after she finally moved back I couldn't even go back in until after the court date, which was a day before our lease was up, even though I paid the last month's rent by myself and she signed the paperwork to take her name off the lease.

About to close on this house on the 18th (was supposed to be today but the title work is taking longer than usual thanks to covid). Her name wasn't gonna be on the mortgage in the first place, but after her little stunt she will only be a visitor in my house... maybe come 1 week a month until I feel comfortable staying longer, and only for the sake of my son because I would have already washed my hands of her were it not for him. No bills in her name or any mail with her name on it is not allowed. I'll never let a woman put me in a position like that again especially not with a house.
Smart man.

My ex and I got married when we were too young..Ended up with tons of problems..I had (and still do have) severe health issues that came up after we got married..Caused a huge riff in our marriage..I'm pretty sure she was cheating, or at least heading in that direction..We both filed for divorce..No kids..She got the house, and the 2nd mortgage, and I got alimony for a couple years..:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

Tell her straight up.

Give her a chance to get away and find someone who will marry her.

Also, if you look at the stats, the majority of these women who initiate divorce is purely because of them just wanting to end the relationship. Treating marriage like a bf/gf relationship, not understanding the difference between "loving a person" and being "in-love" with that person.

That's why I always question women who has had a failed marriage. It's usually their f**kery and craziness that pulls the man down, breaks up their family (if they have kids) and ends the marriage. Be careful out there gents. Women generally have higher EQ than men, like how men are generally physically stronger than women. You can be turned trash to her perspective just like that - dismissing immediately all the bond that you guys built over the long haul.

You've got to date smarter, sex smarter, deal with women that have their own first, their own paper first, all while being educated and emotionally MATURE before getting married in this day and age. You also must get rid of all of your misogynist bullcrap as well, understanding that speaking and then dealing with her stereotypically, will quickly lead to the downfall of the relationship.

If she behaves in a stereotypical manner? Run. If you are immature and insecure? Go and hide until you get it together.

You've got to date smarter, sex smarter, deal with women that have their own first, their own paper first, all while being educated and emotionally MATURE before getting married in this day and age. You also must get rid of all of your misogynist bullcrap as well, understanding that speaking and then dealing with her stereotypically, will quickly lead to the downfall of the relationship.

If she behaves in a stereotypical manner? Run. If you are immature and insecure? Go and hide until you get it together.

Can’t say this enough! It’s that simple

Can’t say this enough! It’s that simple
Word. No women that do not have it together, looking to be saved. If you've got it together, get with someone who has it even more together than you do. I'd be not trying to hear from anyone, that they are looking to build something WITH someone. I'd only get with someone who already has a plan for themselves. I know, it's tough when that beast gets on your back, and you need to nut, but don't let that nut lead you to into something that is a trap. Women are so messed up these days due to being trampled upon for so long due to sexism, misogyny, many of them cannot even trust themselves. Brothers play right into it, because many are so insecure themselves. Dudes are NEEDY, needier than the women that they are complaining about.

Own up to your privilege, and then learn to choose correctly.

Her having her own, being educated, and emotional mature doesn’t necessarily means anything. My ex wife is a Family Court attorney and express that when it comes to emotional bitterness and kids - everything is off the table. The stories I could tell you, you wouldn’t believe.

Disappointment and the feeling of failure can turn for the worst.

Also, when the court is involved - it’s all about who can paint the other person the most unstable and unfitting.

I do agree with KHUFU KHUFU to an extent - you have to date smarter and choose your partner wisely.

Have a homey that left his marriage of 15 years to end up with a woman who picked up and ghost him with the baby. Dude now paying $5.5K a month. Alimony for 2 years, CS for two boys (17 and 15) and CS for the daughter that the woman took off with. This not including benefits.

Last edited:

I don’t believe in marriage and my girl knows this but she still is holding out for hope I’ll change my mind... not happening.

Used to work with a dude that was married and had four kids. His wife was just a little on the chubby side. As soon as she got fit and lost weight, she was out of there. Left him and the four kids. No damns given.

Seen other dudes go from living in pretty nice homes to trailer houses after a divorce.

There's no good reason for a man to get married. You can have good relationships without a piece of paper. Don't shack up with a girl either if you live in a common law state.

Yea absolutely no reason for men in modern times to get married. With that said I’ll be getting married late next year :lol:

word. I told
My girl flat out. Marriage is so unnecessary. And i dont believe in it.

but i will marry her soon. We have a couple of assets that its best if we marry to make it a legal thing. And if **** hits the fan, the legal parameters are made clear.

Her having her own, being educated, and emotional mature doesn’t necessarily means anything. My ex wife is a Family Court attorney and express that when it comes to emotional bitterness and kids - everything is off the table. The stories I could tell you, you wouldn’t believe.

Disappointment and the feeling of failure can turn for the worst.

Also, when the court is involved - it’s all about who can paint the other person the most unstable and unfitting.

I do agree with KHUFU KHUFU to an extent - you have to date smarter and choose your partner wisely.

Have a homey that left his marriage of 15 years to end up with a woman who picked up and ghost him with the baby. Dude now paying $5.5K a month. Alimony for 2 years, CS for two boys (17 and 15) and CS for the daughter that the woman took off with. This not including benefits.
The problem is that she was a family court attorney man!:lol: J/K Everyone that I know that works down there is jaded, messed up in regard to relationships. NYC court systems are disgusting, horrible. I do not know how anyone can work there, then remain cool, sane. My wife is an attorney as well, and she feels the same way about Police and anyone who deals with the dregs of society on the daily. If you aren't careful, you become what you work with.

I've been married for 25 years. We have Daughters, twins. One is now a Doctor, and the other played ball overseas until covid hit. She is home now, but I now see these relationships through their eyes. They were born when I was 18, in college. Things are very different then, than what they are now.

Back
Top Bottom