9/11 Attacks: ABC News Live

jpzx

Supporter

Fascinating to see the coverage, everyone should watch. I will never forget this day, and my mom along with all the other moms had to come and pick me up at my Minnesota elementary school. That was how alarming this was. Nobody knew what could happen next, if it would end.

I still remember being in class and when someone said the World Trade Center got hit by a plane and I thought they were talking about the World Trade Center on the Seaport in Boston.

That's how small my world was back then.

I dont discuss anything with people born after 2005.

I don't really have a choice as a high school teacher.

Our school did like a little announcement at 10:28. These kids did not care at all. I was 5 when it happened, I barely remember anything from that day.

Just getting out of school early and them putting everyone in the gym.

Our school did like a little announcement at 10:28. These kids did not care at all.

Not mad at them. They have no reason to be emotionally invested in it.

One of my co-workers tried to fake get an attitude about something similar happening here years ago but we had to explain to him that is just how history works. Stop taking it personally. (Speaking in general, not saying YOU)

One of my co-workers tried to fake get an attitude about something similar happening here years ago but we had to explain to him that is just how history works. Stop taking it personally. (Speaking in general, not saying YOU)

I didn't at all. Other older teachers did.

I lived in Brooklyn in a high rise apartment. I could see the buildings from my terrace, when I got home from school all I saw was a plume of smoke for months.

Crazy day.

Parents walked from the city to Queens to pick us up from school. We had no idea what was going on.

Wild thing is it was my uncles bday that night. He didnt cancel the reservations and I swear we were the only people outside. Eerie feeling.

Went on a binge to watch all the angles and recordings from that day. Sad all around.

I highly recommend the first episode of the 9/12 podcast. They talk to a group of people who were shooting a reality show on a boat and didn’t hear the news until the next day. It’s fascinating how by not witnessing the coverage on 9/11 limited the impact that day has on them.

I started telling my kids about 9/11 this year. They thought I was lying....
That’s the post-script that sucks, some people don’t inform their kids on what happened. They just give birth and move forward :lol:

Sorry thought you were a teacher raising other’s

I don't really have a choice as a high school teacher.

damn-mad.gif

Bet theyll remember Covid 2020 for the rest of their lives tho

I've recently noticed 9/11 jokes have a green light on SM now.

Back
Top Bottom