90s kids. Brainwashing and cartoons (90s appreciation)

From time to time, I drink a lil wine and youtube my childhood.
Tonight I came across something interesting. Of coarse I didnt notice it while I were child but I found it interesting the messages that were given to us

Homosexuality

Nutrition

bullying

In the 90s, if your being bullied, you get a brick and split dudes skull

The animaniacs > . I been watching it lately so many references that I didn't get back then I just can't help but to laugh :lol:

Man I thought I was the only one who did this from time to time. That nostalgic feel :smokin

Tower burning in the background poster, says coming soon. Date aired: April 2001

In for 90s appreciation :lol:

Don't care if I was brainwashed. I went outside for the majority of my childhood

eek.gif

Actually remember those episodes

Yep 90s cartoons were very subliminal. More for adults. Ren& stimpy, duckman, beavis n butthead
ren N stimpy is one of those cartoons that should've been on mtv at late night..

duckman and beavis n butthead were aimed for the older crowd to begin with.

i remember rockos modern life in an episode when heffer died he went to hell and the sign had hell crossed out so it said heck..

there was way too many to name at the top of my head.

:lol: I remember that Animaniacs ep.

I knew Rocko's Modern Life would be in here. It was subtle but for older ppl it was pretty sly how they did it. On some I see what you did there steez.

I know there was a lot of examples from Freakazoid :smokin

Man I knew rockos modern life was dodgy from the jump. I was young but I didnt miss any of those adult jokes lol

Man I knew rockos modern life was dodgy from the jump. I was young but I didnt miss any of those adult jokes lol

This.

Sometimes when I look at my sister watching a show and I see an adult joke that she doesn't understand, I wonder if either this generation skipped a beat, or if we were just a generation of perverted children.

Thats why I always say... Youngings ain't made the same no more... We was thugged out, kids these days see people on TV with tight pants and fake reality shows n that's why kids these days act so damn wierd.... Even before 09' you'll see on TV alot about drugs and stuff now its noting but reality shows and people thinking they are the internet sensation....

My parents never wanted us watching Ren and Stimpy. As a kid I was always wondering why the hell not...

Now i see

this isnt new,,,the same thing happened in generations before ie...popeye, hr pufnstuf (the theme song alone) looney tunes, pretty much anything disney....hell sesame street, the list goes on. It was actually a lot worse back in the old days...due to the fact putting subliminal messages in programming wasnt illegal. ala subliminally putting menthol ciggs/malt liqour in predominate black watched programming... marlboro etc...in westerns. so on and so forth. you got ppl drinking/eating etc... certaain things and certain brands because of it. Its to the point that ow ppl innately choose/pick certain brands etc... based on social environment and the older ppl around them, who were influenced by the cartoons etc...of the older generations.

Its definitely crazy to watch these shows as an adult, sooo much subliminal **** and it is awesome :smokin glad I could be raised on it, kids these days dont know what theyre missing out on

Its definitely crazy to watch these shows as an adult, sooo much subliminal **** and it is awesome
smokin.gif
glad I could be raised on it, kids these days dont know what theyre missing out on
oh they def still do it...having kids and watching shows i see it all the time be it sbsp...especially that show...And well many of the adult swim cartoon network shows.

Man I thought I was the only one who did this from time to time. That nostalgic feel
smokin.gif

Tower burning in the background poster, says coming soon. Date aired: April 2001
pretty crazy.  loved these shows growing up.  ren & stimpy really pushed it though hahah

I watch Animaniacs when it comes on HUB. it is so much better now. There are tons of jokes meant for adults. This one is not so subtle.

This generations tv programming is no different. I watch iCarly and Victorious with my kids (we only have 1 tv with cable plus Adriane Grande). There are tons of 90s references and jokes that go over there head where I'm like....did they really just did this. I thought this was Nickelodeon.

Back
Top Bottom