A look back on the Aqua VIII

Love these shoes. I got a VNDS pair if only wore about 2-3 times. Been sittin in my closet for nearly a year. Picked up another pair of used aqua's to rock. These ones are chippin, creased and all that, but still don't look too bad. When you clean them up they're still fresh, let's just hope my pair on deck doesn't start to paint chip.

these might be my favorites, not my grails, but i certainly am in love with these. they turn heads, and i like that

meh...sold mine shortly after they released. Not a big fan of them in person...plus the quality issues. It's always weird to see a shoe that was so common place and cheap well after it released build hype after the fact.

Originally Posted by Diamond Mike 75

Had these in 93, not my fav J

same here.
this is the only photo of them in '93
182012_1830656895635_1516762134_1925522_2315046_n.jpgp

beat them to death. then the hares in '03. now i rock the athricites (awesome quality leather!).

I just wore my Aqua's the other day. I had to wait in line for a few hours to get my pair when they first retroed.

i remember getting my pair for 60 bones vnnds paint chipped but i have yet to have a person of the street hold a magnifying glass to them lol.....

to me honestly playoffs are way better imo

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I remember buying these and got arrested that same day

the only problem i have with them is my paint is chipping so 

I either need to restore the paint or buy some new ones

love these shoes 

any suggestions on the paint chipping 

I also bought 2 pairs back on release date in 2007. I didn't have any true connection to these since prior to copping I never owned a pair of Jordan 8's before......but this by far is my favorite 8, and I'm glad I had enough sense to double up on these. Like others, I also got a ds pair in the closet and the other pair has been worn alot and and has 0 paint chipping problems....guess I got lucky...love Aqua 8's.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Accidently set these on fire last week cleaning them. *tears*

ok ill be the one to ask. how exactly do you go about setting them on fire while cleaning them.

i absolutely love my aquas but i am pissed that the paint chipped after only 4 wears. i bought them a year ago ds for 100 bucks before the price hit these ridiculous prices were seeing now i regret not buying the other ds pair i found for 140.
frown.gif
on the bright side im picking up playoff viii s this week
smile.gif

does anyone else feel the viii is one of the most comfortable jordans?

I wouldn't say it's one of the most comfortable but I definately enjoy the way they fit my foot.

what jordan would you say is the most comfortable? the viii and ix really fit my foot well because of the inner bootie

^^^ Honestly out of all the Jay's i've tried on, 8'z are the most comfortable to me. I've worn 1's,2's,3's,5's,7'z,8'z,17'z, and 23'z. 23'are pretty damn comfy too!

To me, the XII are the most comfortable. Love the way your heel sinks into the shoe when you push into them. I also enjoy the 2001 retro black/red XI. All the other ones, despite what cushioning they have don't give me the same pleasure.

Originally Posted by Gameboi86

^^^ Honestly out of all the Jay's i've tried on, 8'z are the most comfortable to me. I've worn 1's,2's,3's,5's,7'z,8'z,17'z, and 23'z. 23'are pretty damn comfy too!
i thougth i was the only one haha, yeah i would say 7,9s, 12s, are pretty close as well

Originally Posted by fourfiftyeight

Cracking on my pair.
30t6p3b.gif

888368866b1a9443ac50e0145ca2d676021c0696_r.jpg
9d01646192a3e05bd9436ceffed8aebb2d80170a_r.jpg
02326376df998a47e8552cd4b63d1d879631ef42_r.jpg
damn that sucks , but its inevitable so dont stress it just enjoy them. how many wears is that after? i have wore mine 5 times lightly and i see hairline fractures forming 
eyes.gif

I love the Aqua 8s, great shoe, but don't count on me buying these again if they like crack like 07s do. In no way is that "cool," but they are a really good looking shoe! I feel the same way I do about the CDP3s and others 3s: great shoe, but the paint cracking really messes it up. If they fix that issue than these will easily be on my top 5 favorite.

Speaking of paint chipping, has anyone attempted and came out with a good Aqua restore??? I'm gonna have to make a trip to Micheal's and see if they have close shades of paint.

Back
Top Bottom