A lot of you owe Stephen Curry an apology

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Durden7

calling him the next JJ Redick.
smh.gif
You speak as though JJ has had an awful career so far.
Exactly was I was going to say
laugh.gif
he's having a career year at 9 ppg and is a rotational player. career average 42% shooter
let's be real
42%? Thats VERY good bro..

You expect him to be averaging like 15-20 ppg on one of the best teams in the league?

eyes.gif

42% is not VERY good. It's below average.

Anyone who thought JJ would be a star in the league is delusional, but he's been a consistent role player for a championship caliber team.

Anyway, Curry has been playing well even considering inflated stats playing for GS.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Anyone who thought JJ would be a star in the league is delusional, but he's been a consistent role player for a championship caliber team.

Anyway, Curry has been playing well even considering inflated stats playing for GS.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Durden7

calling him the next JJ Redick.
smh.gif
You speak as though JJ has had an awful career so far.
Exactly was I was going to say
laugh.gif
he's having a career year at 9 ppg and is a rotational player. career average 42% shooter
let's be real
No one thought JJ would light up the league.

Hes outperforming many peoples expectations.

Curry isn't the #1 option/focal point of the offense. If he was, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be averaging almost 20ppg this year. 
I think the youngster will have a very solid career - whether thats with GSW and their "inflated stats" 
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
 or another team.

That being said - they should trade Monta while he is healthy and putting up monster numbers for some cap room. I actually wanted that Ray Allen for Ellis deal to go down - GSW would have had a ton of cap space and they could build around Curry/Morrow/Randolph/Biedrins.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

only 14 ppg? considering that team only plays 6 or 7 guys a game?
With the amount of chuckers Golden State has (Monte, Morrow, Mags) it's amazing he's averaging that much.

Why ya'll keep calling him a 2 guard? Have ya'll actually seen the dude play? He's done a fine job at the PG position and shows more poise at the position than arguably any other rookie point guard right now.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Why ya'll keep calling him a 2 guard? Have ya'll actually seen the dude play? He's done a fine job at the PG position and shows more poise at the position than arguably any other rookie point guard right now.
I completely agree. 

Originally Posted by calibeebee

I completely agree. 
Same reason people throw out Monta Ellis's turnover numbers, they have no idea what they are talking about.

I was wrong about the "bust" label that I threw around, but you do have to consider the system that he plays in. The Warriors lead the league in Pace by a mile and this leads to inflated offensive and deflated defensive numbers. There are open shots left and right and that is almost exclusive to the way the Warriors play(the Pacers are also up there). I'd still take him on my team, though.

Not gonna lie, i owe him an apology as well. Before the Warriors drafted him, i was bashing him.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I was wrong about the "bust" label that I threw around, but you do have to consider the system that he plays in. The Warriors lead the league in Pace by a mile and this leads to inflated offensive and deflated defensive numbers. There are open shots left and right and that is almost exclusive to the way the Warriors play(the Pacers are also up there). I'd still take him on my team, though.
That inflated stuff "sounds" good. But he plays the point guard position. Most of his buckets AREN'T assisted. He primarily scores in one on one situations. That "system" also has nothing to do with how efficient he's been as a PG either.

Yup. Only reason everyone thinks he's a 2 guard is because of his scoring ability in college. Only problem was he didn't have much of an option because he was surrounded by scrubs. After seeing him in summer league the only thing he wasn't doing well was shooting (which everyone praised him for) and that has been picking up month by month.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

No offense to the Warriors, but I don't think he'll fully develop into the player he can be unless he leaves that team.

I was about to say that.
laugh.gif

But you have to take into account he isn't the man. He shares ball handling responsibilities. You're talking like his numbers are inflated because of the system, but in reality he'd be putting up better numbers in Sacramento or Milwaukee where he could dominate the ball like Tyreke and Jennings even though both those teams play at a slower pace.

That inflated stuff "sounds" good. But he plays the point guard position. Most of his buckets AREN'T assisted. He primarily scores in one on one situations. That "system" also has nothing to do with how efficient he's been as a PG either.
21% of his possessions are in transition.

That is a very high number of transition opportunities so I'd say that the inflated possessions stuff does have some validity, but he does show very well in spot up and pick and roll situations.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

But you have to take into account he isn't the man. He shares ball handling responsibilities. You're talking like his numbers are inflated because of the system, but in reality he'd be putting up better numbers in Sacramento or Milwaukee where he could dominate the ball like Tyreke and Jennings even though both those teams play at a slower pace.

This is exactly the reason why in my prediction thread I have Curry getting ROY.  Reke and Jennings are the go-to-guys so to speak on their terrible teams.  What Curry has shown is more impressive to me.

Curry has a HIGH basketball IQ and a money stroke. It's a matter of time become he becomes really good. Dude CAN play the point guard position in the NBA. Now, let's just hope they can trade away some of those chuckers, Don Nelson and that ownership group.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Curry has a HIGH basketball IQ and a money stroke. It's a matter of time become he becomes really good. Dude CAN play the point guard position in the NBA. Now, let's just hope they can trade away some of those chuckers, Don Nelson and that ownership group.

Definitely co-sign that last part. That arena was fun to watch during that playoff run. Those fans deserve a playoff team and an ownership group that knows what the hell they are doing.

One thing i have about curry, is that hes too lazy. he needs to put more effort out there. sometimes, he justs looks lost as hell, and tired (but i dont blame him, thats on management).

Back
Top Bottom