ACURA! 09 TL Vs. 08 TL

Yeah so I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to cop one of these
pimp.gif
.The 09 runs for about 34k while I can get an 05 or an 06 for 24k. I might get an 08 if I don't decide to get the 09. I have mixed emotions about both cars,so I can't decide.
grin.gif

Have you checked the economy lately?
Is $10,000 really worth 1 years worth of improvements?

PS - NEVER EVER buy a brand new car. Always buy "like new". Grab an 05-07.

Do you guys think that an 05 TL with 25k miles will last me for the next 7-8 years? I'm buying a car for the long run, so condition is important.

^^ to bad its not worth the money .. I have one and I cant wait to get rid of it ... bah ..

2005 is NOT worth 25k. maybe high 10's or low low 20's at most. i like the new TL's. i don't want to be buying an old model when the new modelsjust came out. might sound like a good deal and if you don't care about cars at all it'll be good chance for you but i would hate to spend almost asmuch and it'll look outdated already.

i think you should just get the 09 TSX. looks sick.

Originally Posted by Shaky3

Do you guys think that an 05 TL with 25k miles will last me for the next 7-8 years? I'm buying a car for the long run, so condition is important.
as long as it's well maintained it will last u that long no problem ...a acura (honda) engine can last 200k+ if its well maintained andaverage miles per year on a car is 12-15k ...i seen a acura integra somewhere online with 700k miles goin strong it was crazy

No, the 2005 TL has 25000 miles on and it's for $23,400. I just wanna know if it's going to last me for the next 8 years.

Originally Posted by nicefro

Get an '07-'08 TL Type S.
This man is thinking straight. '08 TL Type-S should run you in the middle of those two numbers you are talking and it has nearly all theaccessories that the '09 has (along with 286 HP, which I believe is more than the FWD '09 TL).

But if you get the '09, please tell me you have plans to colormatch the hideous bucktooth grille in the front. That is a must-do mod on that car. It makesit look 100x better.

You can find some brand new 08s at a good price; dealerships are trying to unload.

You can find an '05 TL for around $18-20k. The price you mentioned seems a bit steep. And as long as you maintain your car, I don't see why your car(or any car) shouldn't hit 200k EASILY. My '96 Maxima hit 158k miles and I gave it to a friend when I bought my new car...it's still running strongat 192k.

^^Longevity with a Honda/Acura isn't really a question that needs asking as long as you perform regular maintenance.

I've had 2 Accords that lasted around 20 years.
My CL is 7 years old now and runs good as new.

i would not pay 23.5k for an 05 with 23k miles on it. it will last you another 8 years just gotta maintain it like someone said. it should be cheaper than thatIMO.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

i would not pay 23.5k for an 05 with 23k miles on it. it will last you another 8 years just gotta maintain it like someone said. it should be cheaper than that IMO.

Exactly.

If you're really pushing for the last generation then cop a brand new 08.
the new TL is ugly.
too ugly. too expensive. too long.

but if it performs well though...?

If I were in your place, I'd buy the new model (AWD).

PS
have you looked into a G37 or IS250/350?
wink.gif

The way that I look at it is that if I'm getting a new 08 then shouldn't I just put up a few more thousand and get the 09? I'm financing this car,so a few thousand will not mean a whole lot of more money monthly. That's why if I don't get an 09, I'll probably get a cheaper 05-07 TL. BUT thereason that I don't want to get an older TL is because I always think of why TL owners sell their car.

Originally Posted by pianoman52

Originally Posted by abernja

PS - NEVER EVER buy a brand new car.
lease it! maintenance costs FTL.
yea take the advice of u while every financial adviser in the world will tell you to never lease a car
laugh.gif

but anyway the 09 TL is
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Shaky3

The way that I look at it is that if I'm getting a new 08 then shouldn't I just put up a few more thousand and get the 09? I'm financing this car, so a few thousand will not mean a whole lot of more money monthly.
A brand new '08 and '09 has about a $5-6k difference. I read on FW/SD that some have been buying '08 TLs for $27k OTD. Get the car youwant, don't try to "maximize" what you can get with your money. I guess i'm one of the few who actually like the '09 TL...it's on myshort what-to-get-next list.

BUT the reason that I don't want to get an older TL is because I always think of why TL owners sell their car.

High re-sale value + wanting to buy other cars + not being able to afford them.

I love that car.

I need it in my life. I rather take the "old" model over the new one. New one looks too Camrish like.

Waiting to find one for 11-15k

Back
Top Bottom