ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Late on the bball discussion but here's my $0.02:

I currently use an adidas Pro Indoor Game Ball. Used to do some work for the brand so for a couple of years, it was Three Stripes everything :lol:. It feels kind of like a Nike Elite ball.

In the 00's, the Spalding TF-1000 was the best after you broke it in. Brand new it was stiff, too sticky and bounced a little unpredictably. But after you broke it in, it was the perfect balance between tack, feel and bounce.

Wilson Evolutions are okay, I just think they bounce heavy and are too bouncy off the rim.

Baden Elite reminds me a lot of the Evolution for some reason.

My biggest pet peeve is when dude's bounce your ball really hard or throw it as hard as they can at a wall out of frustration. I've seen balls get lopsided over antics like that. Chill, bruh, it's only pickup at the Y.

Late on the bball discussion but here's my $0.02:

My biggest pet peeve is when dude's bounce your ball really hard or throw it as hard as they can at a wall out of frustration. I've seen balls get lopsided over antics like that. Chill, bruh, it's only pickup at the Y.

That's why I don't like people using my ball. Throw or kick my ball and I'm...

7NG6.gif

i don't think i've ever played in an Adidas bball, i was at an Adidas store last year and they had basketballs on display and thought they were nice, i asked if they had it available for purchase they just told me it's for display purposes only

and as for pet-peeves, avoid playing ball with those who play soccer, these guys are so lazy to pick-up the ball, they always have to kick it up or do some stupid soccer moves while shooting around for warm ups and forget about playing horse with them :lol:

Soon as the NBA contract went Swoosh they quit caring.

which is funny because they were investing heavily on a lot of players lately and their bball shoes are actually borderline great

I rather have someone kick my ball or whatever, but to steal my ball when I'm occupied playing a game smh.

That's how I lost my "rock ball". Cats knew the ball was official and it got swiped by some prepubescent teenager at the gym. One time I had Nike tack ball I got for $8 dollars homie was in the corner plotting and scheming with his little friend tryna steal my ball.

Pulled up on them and told them to hand me my ball back after I was done with my game.

Might get these season creator balls next season.

They bright and come in wild colors so you know your ball isn't the same shade as a regular Spalding ball.

4F386527-C7CA-44BE-B69B-655546202EC4.jpeg E7B8D760-0D72-4658-A9A3-B6B24212C57D.jpeg

*knocks on wood*

i am glad that isn't an issue in my gym but just to be safe i always put my ball in my duffle bag when I am not using it

back in high school, it was just a thing to write your initials with a sharpie and so that way there was no way they could return and play with the ball they steal

i think they want that immediate sell out like they used to get with UBs and NMDs and Yeezys and anything else is a failure

their bball shoes sitting doesn't seem to reflect well on them so now they maybe caring less and less because of it

which is funny because they were investing heavily on a lot of players lately and their bball shoes are actually borderline great

Nicely put. I think adidas has had the best performing line of hoops shoes the last couple of years and yet they seem indifferent to the basketball market. I like that it keeps the prices lower on great products, but I do wonder if it will eventually lead to adidas put less effort and money into the products.

I remember a long time ago this young knucklehead, and I do mean knucklehead, kicked my ball across the gym after a loss. My ball was by far the best ball at the gym, which is why people wanted to play with it. I told him to not kick my ball and he replied multiple times with "I just did." That idiot was memorable because he said he loved to fight and he always got into shoving matches and borderline fights with guys. One day, this other guy called him on it and invited him to go out and throw hands. He held the door open for him and waited, and the whole gym went silent and looked at the guy and he said "Nah, I'm good. I don't want to fight." Hilarious.

That's why I don't like people using my ball.

I don't mind as much when they bring their own ball and mine is better. I used to get really bothered, and sometimes I still do, when I would show up and literally no one else brought a ball and the first thing they say when I walk in is "Can we use your ball?"

i am glad that isn't an issue in my gym but just to be safe i always put my ball in my duffle bag when I am not using it

Yup. Even playing with guys regularly or with guys renting a gym out, it takes me a while before I feel safe enough to not put my ball away.

I like that it keeps the prices lower on great products, but I do wonder if it will eventually lead to adidas put less effort and money into the products.

That might happen for team shoes like the CE and CLB, but I would be a little surprised if that happened for the sigs like Harden and Lillard, who seem to want good performers on court.

*knocks on wood*

back in high school, it was just a thing to write your initials with a sharpie and so that way there was no way they could return and play with the ball they steal
That's exactly what I do, put my name in certain sections of the ball with a sharpie.

i don't think i've ever played in an Adidas bball, i was at an Adidas store last year and they had basketballs on display and thought they were nice, i asked if they had it available for purchase they just told me it's for display purposes only

They have two decent balls, the Pro and the All Court, which is great for outdoor but durability kinda sucks. The leather comes undone from the rubber channels. I superglued it where it was coming undone and the problem went away.

Nicely put. I think adidas has had the best performing line of hoops shoes the last couple of years and yet they seem indifferent to the basketball market. I like that it keeps the prices lower on great products, but I do wonder if it will eventually lead to adidas put less effort and money into the products.
I shouldn't say too much cause you never know who's watching but it's tough to take bball footwear market share from Nike when for marketing dollars, Nike is playing with monopoly money and adidas is playing with their piggy bank.

Nike has a commercial locked and loaded for the first slot after a team clinches the NBA Finals. Remember the KD commercial last year? The LeBron commercial of the Cleveland fans watching TVs two years ago? Can you imagine how much those commercials cost to produce and there's a decent chance they never run if the Cavs don't win in 2016 or the Warriors don't win last year?

Look at the adidas commercials that have run on TV, it's just Originals and overall adidas brand (not sport specific) stuff. They don't get anything positive about putting a basketball commercial on TV. Shoot, they put their presumably best designers on the Originals brand (Marc Dolce). adidas won't kill off the basketball brand but it's like Ford killing off their lower performing models (cars) to focus on the stuff that sells well for them (trucks and Mustangs).

picked these up today at Burlington $29.99...only saw sizes of 12 & up...various colors
Picture0728181442_1.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy Explosive 2018? *Yeah I know it doesn't have Boost (to post this in this thread) but we should expect it to have a Boost version as well.

screenshot-m.hupu.com-2018.08.02-10-45-40.png
screenshot-m.hupu.com-2018.08.02-10-46-06.png
screenshot-m.hupu.com-2018.08.02-10-46-25.png

Last edited:
Don’t like the top of the tongue and ankle area. Too much of an 80s vibe when the rest of the shoe looks modern. Put boost in the shoe and make a low/lower cut and those would be nice.

Tongue looks like it’s from some dunk SBs. Shoe is def bound for those adidas tent sales.

Traction pattern looks similar to the Curry 4, sans the 4 circular patterns up front. The ankle area is nicely padded. Didn't like the CE '18 bootie. Not confirmed if they are indeed the CE '19, but I would like to see more of this shoe, especially with PK and Boost

Back
Top Bottom