ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I hope the Next Levels perform well, but why do I feel like they're going to flop?

Adidas has enough trouble getting lockdown right with fully laced shoes. I just can't see a shoe being stretchy enough to slip on, yet supportive enough to contain your feet for explosive movements.

Well now...

BC8BCB1D-AA70-49E6-9B65-C4F111454282.jpeg

Nice pick up. I'm mostly interested in the cushioning because it will likely get used on other shoes soon. I heard they were considering using it on the Dame 5s or 6s...

Nice pick up. I'm mostly interested in the cushioning because it will likely get used on other shoes soon. I heard they were considering using it on the Dame 5s or 6s...

Feels like Bounce so far. Nothing special.

how's the containment does it fully lock you down?

Not playing until tomorrow, but they feel pretty secure. Upper is seriously an elastic sock, but the internal has a pain-in-the-*** heel padding system to lock you in (and make getting into the shoe harder than usual). The white lateral piece does do a good job laterally, but again, this is just in my house. Cushioning feels like the Dame 4 so far.

just put my next levels on feet and they feel great, the cushion is very impressive feels like boost in heel its very soft and more responsive in the forefoot, containment is great and your foot is LOCKED IN. i understood why they put that enormous pull tab on the heel because you seriously need it to get your foot in but once your in its good to go, no idea how the support is going to be but will update tomorrow after i play

Yeah man not a fan of shoes that ride high my main deterrent from trying out the Lebrons. Knees need cushioning though. Love the Kyrie 4s but they're tough on the knees,

Eh. The 33's don't really ride high. You get better court feel once you break in the large volume zoom unit in the forefoot a little bit. You won't get Kyrie level court feel but it's solid.

Only shoes that rode too high for me were the Lebron 15's.

Lebron 16's fixed the high riding feeling. If you're looking for something that's good on your knees the 16's are it.

At this point I only play in Crazy Explosives, Harden 2's, Jordan 32's, KD 9's and Older Lebron models because my knees start barking if I play too long in anything else that doesn't have enough cushion.

To those that own the next levels, did u get the same size that u wear in ultraboost? Do they fit tts?

Not playing until tomorrow, but they feel pretty secure. Upper is seriously an elastic sock, but the internal has a pain-in-the-*** heel padding system to lock you in (and make getting into the shoe harder than usual). The white lateral piece does do a good job laterally, but again, this is just in my house. Cushioning feels like the Dame 4 so far.

just put my next levels on feet and they feel great, the cushion is very impressive feels like boost in heel its very soft and more responsive in the forefoot, containment is great and your foot is LOCKED IN. i understood why they put that enormous pull tab on the heel because you seriously need it to get your foot in but once your in its good to go, no idea how the support is going to be but will update tomorrow after i play

Haha, in other words, they should have just used a regular lacing setup.

I'm all for innovation and exploring new designs, but at this point in my life, I'm more about practicality and simplicity. If there are two awesome shoes and one is hard to get on, I'm going with the other one.

Eh. The 33's don't really ride high. You get better court feel once you break in the large volume zoom unit in the forefoot a little bit. You won't get Kyrie level court feel but it's solid.

Only shoes that rode too high for me were the Lebron 15's.

Lebron 16's fixed the high riding feeling. If you're looking for something that's good on your knees the 16's are it.

At this point I only play in Crazy Explosives, Harden 2's, Jordan 32's, KD 9's and Older Lebron models because my knees start barking if I play too long in anything else that doesn't have enough cushion.
Good looks bro I actually copped some lebron 15 lows for cheap and trying them out tonight. I know the cushioning is not as plush as the highs but from walking around in them at home I can tell they're an improvement from the kyries 4s. Was also interested in the aj 32s and kd 9s so good to see they get your knees seal of approval as well. LBJ 16s are mad expensive and honestly not feeling any of the colorways.

o
Good looks bro I actually copped some lebron 15 lows for cheap and trying them out tonight. I know the cushioning is not as plush as the highs but from walking around in them at home I can tell they're an improvement from the kyries 4s. Was also interested in the aj 32s and kd 9s so good to see they get your knees seal of approval as well. LBJ 16s are mad expensive and honestly not feeling any of the colorways.

Let me know how the Lebron 15's work for you. The discounts I've been seeing lately make em really hard to pass up.

Kinfolk Kinfolk I beat up on my 33's and I still notice a slight disconnect that remained from the first time I tried to cut hard in them.
Maybe I've been playing in the CE's too long.

o

Let me know how the Lebron 15's work for you. The discounts I've been seeing lately make em really hard to pass up.

Kinfolk Kinfolk I beat up on my 33's and I still notice a slight disconnect that remained from the first time I tried to cut hard in them.
Maybe I've been playing in the CE's too long.

For what it’s worth the CE’s have a pretty steep heel/toe drop and a slight lag in response time.

After I switch from Boost to zoom it takes me a game or two to get reacclimated.

2F3DA18A-9A93-4C2D-8AAC-C36C8D2BE439.jpeg
52AF3361-797F-429A-AB76-395910809C53.jpeg

Next level actually holds pretty good. A little forefoot sliding but the heel and ankle are locked. Traction was beast. Cushioning is a nice mix of boost and bounce, and really light. Look how stretched the tongue area is on my normal width foot though.

It's a Christmas miracle!!!!!!

I was so salty because when trying to buy the next level it kicked me out while my payment was processing then told me they were sold out......i came home to my wife saying I got a package and I knew I wasn't expecting anything. Opened it up and to my huge surprise it was the next level. I am so excited !!!!!

It's a Christmas miracle!!!!!!

I was so salty because when trying to buy the next level it kicked me out while my payment was processing then told me they were sold out......i came home to my wife saying I got a package and I knew I wasn't expecting anything. Opened it up and to my huge surprise it was the next level. I am so excited !!!!!

Nice. Answers that question. How do you like them?

These feel good. Great court feel. Nice and light. I went a half size down. Lock in is good. Still a little heel lift but only if I try to do it.
Honestly, I didn't force the play in these because I still don't trust knit with no laces.
I need to get over the mental hurdle before I really play in these like I want to.

20181209_190935SMM.png
20181209_190156SMM.png
20181209_185501SMM.jpg
20181209_191535SMM.png

These feel good. Great court feel. Nice and light. I went a half size down. Lock in is good. Still a little heel lift but only if I try to do it.
Honestly, I didn't force the play in these because I still don't trust knit with no laces.
I need to get over the mental hurdle before I really play in these like I want to.

20181209_190935SMM.png
20181209_190156SMM.png
20181209_185501SMM.jpg
20181209_191535SMM.png
What are your thoughts on the lightstrike cushioning?

Too much linear sliding in these. They are tight but at the end of the day only laces will contain the foot properly.

Cushion is nice though.

What are your thoughts on the lightstrike cushioning?

So far? Really good. Very neutral overall, but responsive during action movements (like cutting, quick starts/stops). I really like the heel cushion/protection. Not over pronounced but it's there when you come down and need it. Forefoot cushioning is there but not to a noticeable point. Like I said, very neutral. It's too early to tell if foot fatigue will settle in yet tho.
It's not bouncy, not too harsh (for me), pretty balanced. (More balanced than my Jordan 33's)

I wish there were other reviews so I myself could compare what I'm feeling against others thoughts but I'll just have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom