ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like adidas ****s up every 1.0 re-release in Europe. They are limited here, but US gets the big stock. I remember people here copping Creams on deep discount, while Europe’s stock was a joke.
Stock seems to be healthy in AU (or maybe the interest is gone), still sitting after being released for a few days.

CE706815-AC9C-442E-BB43-8894E0DB104D.png

I feel like adidas ****s up every 1.0 re-release in Europe. They are limited here, but US gets the big stock. I remember people here copping Creams on deep discount, while Europe’s stock was a joke.
triple whites came through in a trickle in EU, no set date or nothing

fr. Watching the creams release in the states got me hype af, making me believe that it's gonna be an easy cop, only for them to be sold out in literally seconds here. Now the Core Blacks and Triple Whites not re-releasing.. SSDD

the state of this thread is pretty sad. this used to be one of the most active threads.

Outside of Yeezy and maybe select UB 1.0 releases, does anyone by and large care about Adidas anymore? Seems like sneakerculture has moved on and the brand has basically gone through Rosheification where non-sneakerheads are the target market for heavily discounted Boost models like NMD, etc. now (again?).

Outside of Yeezy and maybe select UB 1.0 releases, does anyone by and large care about Adidas anymore? Seems like sneakerculture has moved on and the brand has basically gone through Rosheification where non-sneakerheads are the target market for heavily discounted Boost models like NMD, etc. now (again?).
I still like Adidas, but they’ve fallen off in terms of provoking emotion to the average sneakerhead. The new models and colorways that they’re putting out are painfully boring or they don’t give it that marketing push. The only time I’ll buy an adidas shoe nowadays is when it’s super discontinued to the point I’m buying it for peanut prices. To me it seems like Adidas fell off when it came to breathing innovation to the models as well, compared to Nike they don’t have that “staple” shoe that’s going to be consistently bought besides Yeezys and UBs.

Those look pretty dope. Is the knit pure black or have a blueish tint in it?

It's pure black - the natural light in the room made the midsole reflect off the knit.

To address the comments above about this thread and adidas in general, I do think adidas has some work to do with promoting the Boost models and making more eye-catching designs/colorways. While the comfort on the UB 20 (and I'm assuming the 19 as well) is incredible, it's clear that adidas released more creative and sought-after colorways with the 1.0-4.0.

As someone who finally bought Boost kicks "after the hype," I'm ok with the hype being lessened - that makes pairs I like easier to obtain. I just wish they had more creative colorways and collaborations on the latest models, which is a benefit of hype surrounding shoe releases.

only reason why i have interest in adidas is for running and the stuff they’ve pushed out for it but the release plan on that has been super bad especially with the confusion of whether the adizero pro or adios pro being their top tier marathon racing shoe

aside from that, nothing from their originals/lifestyle has really peaked my interest aside from using UBs for casual use. 4D had potential and is decent in comfort but still price point on those shoes is way too high

The hype is definitely not there, but it seems like the only thing that is hyped at all right now is Nike SB and Off White (and always AJ1's).

That said, I almost solely wear Adidas / boost. Wearing my old white 1.0's right now. If I'm not wearing these, or my OG UB's, or Creams - I'm wearing 700s (Waves in summer, Tephras/Mauves in cool weather). And if none of those, I'm wearing my Adilette slides - which are beeeeat as far as slides go. They are the grey pair and I've basically worn the color off of the heel / ball / toes so its a yellowish color. They look terrible, but they are the most comfortable footwear I own. Prob gonna grab another pair once I catch them on sale for like sub-$20 again.

I don't really care about the hype but none of the new boost sneakers have been worth seeking out. At this point, I would rather see new colorways of 700s or ub 1.0s than re-releases.

things come in waves as far as hype is concerned. i actually prefer ZERO hype on everything so I can easily obtain things I want without having to resort to raffles, bots, trivia questions, connections, black magic, etc...etc...AND you can go back and get the things you missed out on for cheaper when they were super hyped. Think about the last decade or so...Jordan 1s weren't always selling out, boost had its moment. Air max had its moment. Supreme wasn't always this poppin', NMDs had their moment, Nike Sb is having a moment after being trash for years...

AND you can go back and get the things you missed out on for cheaper when they were super hyped.

This is EXACTLY where I'm at right now. There are a number of 1.0s (especially the solar red and yellow CWs) and 2.0s I had on my radar when they intially dropped (and retro'd in some cases) but didn't want to deal with the headache.

Back
Top Bottom