ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nordstrom w/ the 2 Day shipping on OG Whites. So ****in clean. Tossed my pair from ‘16.

But WHYTF did Adidas transition to these cheap *** black boxes!? Started last year with the Solar pairs I believe? Those were the first pairs I noticed it..

Nordstrom w/ the 2 Day shipping on OG Whites. So ****in clean. Tossed my pair from ‘16.

But WHYTF did Adidas transition to these cheap *** black boxes!? Started last year with the Solar pairs I believe? Those were the first pairs I noticed it..
Clean as in not being dirty? I think the 2015/2016 looks better than the 2020

The "arrow" on the toebox of the retro goes too far out on the 2020, I just don't like them as much.

I mean I’m sure there’s little details not as good, but to have a fresh new pair of these is appreciated. I wish I picked up a second pair years ago.

I mean I’m sure there’s little details not as good, but to have a fresh new pair of these is appreciated. I wish I picked up a second pair years ago.
I still have some on ice from 2016. I got one of the new pairs and waan't satisfied so I sent them back.

How do you best keep the boost clean? I have some 2016 UBs on Ice and one of them is showing signs of yellow spots...

How do you best keep the boost clean? I have some 2016 UBs on Ice and one of them is showing signs of yellow spots...
Mine are deadstock. Have you worn them before? I think any dirt or liquid that makes contact with the boost makes it yellow. So clean them before storing them away might help.

Mine are deadstock. Have you worn them before? I think any dirt or liquid that makes contact with the boost makes it yellow. So clean them before storing them away might help.
Never worn once, always kept them in their original boxes.. Is that an issue? Should you keep them in airtight boxes or something?

Never worn once, always kept them in their original boxes.. Is that an issue? Should you keep them in airtight boxes or something?
I've kept them in a closet and my area is not very cool and dry. Last time I checked probably a year ago they still looked fine, though it's been a while.

3A816403-B701-4447-8F6F-D01BBA9C69D5.jpeg

4DB00D8B-F556-4016-86E4-BA2D1363A393.png

the thicc booty has been done before just looks more dramatic since the 2021 for curves.
i actually wish they have stayed with that fish scale boost. That made even NMDs comfy

93/17s are one of if not the most comfortable Boost shoes I’ve ever worn.. They look fantastic as well. Kinda sad we never saw them progress that line into 2020.

I’ve been wondering if anyone has experienced any Boost crumbling-I have pairs from 2014-2015 (PB and UB, respectively) and have experienced yellowing but no crumbling yet. Boost was released in 2013 so maybe all we’re seeing is yellowing on worn pairs?

I’ve been wondering if anyone has experienced any Boost crumbling-I have pairs from 2014-2015 (PB and UB, respectively) and have experienced yellowing but no crumbling yet. Boost was released in 2013 so maybe all we’re seeing is yellowing on worn pairs?

I have some pairs that I have absolutely beat. 2.0 reflectives that I wear mountain biking... and besides looking yellow and dirty, they still function pretty damn well. Kind of surprising actually

93/17s are one of if not the most comfortable Boost shoes I’ve ever worn.. They look fantastic as well. Kinda sad we never saw them progress that line into 2020.
They “progressed” the line by cheaping out on materials for the upper and combining it with awful CWs. Typical Adidas imploding their product/hype.

then they released propheres and it was done for 93/17s.

At this point it seems you just gotta catch the good idea outta the 10 bad ones they make and cop as many pairs until it’s gone in the wind or they re-release it in desperation.

91/18s were solid in my book, the cushioning was solid also. Adidas just missed out on capitalizing on boost when they were on top. I’m adding boost to my Off White waffles as we speak. With the hype NMDS UBs AND PBs had they would have made bank dropping iniki’s, ZX 500 rm’s, samba RMS, and 93/17s in the span of a few months opposed to doing over the span of years. Nike made vapermax, slapped it on every runner under the sun and still dropped revised pairs

I have some pairs that I have absolutely beat. 2.0 reflectives that I wear mountain biking... and besides looking yellow and dirty, they still function pretty damn well. Kind of surprising actually

Yeah I’m wondering how long it’ll take Boost to crumble. IIRC they steam the pellets together under really high heat to essentially fuse them into the tooling mold (not sure this process has changed but I know the 1.0 UBs were manufactured this way before).

With the hype NMDS UBs AND PBs had they would have made bank dropping iniki’s, ZX 500 rm’s, samba RMS, and 93/17s in the span of a few months opposed to doing over the span of years. Nike made vapermax, slapped it on every runner under the sun and still dropped revised pairs

I’ll never understand their strategy with the NMDs.. at one point in 2016 they would sellout instantly like Jordan 1s.. Adidas somehow released a REALLY hyped new model for casualwear (something Nike and Jordan Brand has honestly struggled with) with the R1 but instead of capitalizing on the hype and slowly building up releases of the R1 and CS1s (and Hus, of course), they opened the floodgates and released tons and tons of cws and derivatives (R2s, XR1s, STLTs, etc. etc.) and drove the model into the ground by chasing short term sales. Sneakerheads have long moved on from the NMD but I’ll never understand why Adidas didn’t turn the R1 into essentially its version of the Jordan 1 since the interest was clearly there from sneakerheads.

NMD sold because it was the peak of boost hype. almost anything boost sold out in 2016 and beginning of 2017. Design wise they aren't anything special compared to 1.0s, the first y-3 pure boosts and even 350s

Those are nice, guessing just an Asia exclusive tho.

Been wearing my 350 V2s around the house, v comfy house shoes for WFH life. Shoulda got more

NMD sold because it was the peak of boost hype. almost anything boost sold out in 2016 and beginning of 2017. Design wise they aren't anything special compared to 1.0s, the first y-3 pure boosts and even 350s

I disagree, the NMD R1 was a simple design that you could still do quite a lot with, they just killed the design by releasing too many variants that didn’t make a lot of sense. Using both PK and Mesh for the uppers and changing the colors on the blocks gave the shoe a lot of flexibility, design-wise. If they kept releasing thoughtful collabs and kept the shoe more limited, I don’t think sneakerheads would’ve forgotten about the model like they have nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom