ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only way to regenerate interest is to kill off NmD and all its variants and come back stronger in half a generation, imo.

THIS. NMDs are still widely loved by younger kids, if they kill the model, I guarantee you they can sell that nostalgia in 5-10 years.

Honestly, I think Nike is going to do this with the Roshe in a few years.

I disagree, the NMD R1 was a simple design that you could still do quite a lot with, they just killed the design by releasing too many variants that didn’t make a lot of sense. Using both PK and Mesh for the uppers and changing the colors on the blocks gave the shoe a lot of flexibility, design-wise. If they kept releasing thoughtful collabs and kept the shoe more limited, I don’t think sneakerheads would’ve forgotten about the model like they have nowadays.
I'm not sure how that is disagreeing with me. I understand NMD is a decent sneaker but you compared it Jordans which NMD was not. Ultra boost is a better equivalent of Jordans as it is considered a more influential sneaker and a better design by the majority.

I'm not sure how that is disagreeing with me. I understand NMD is a decent sneaker but you compared it Jordans which NMD was not. Ultra boost is a better equivalent of Jordans as it is considered a more influential sneaker and a better design by the majority.

I disagree that is isn’t something special. I think, like the Jordan 1, the NMD R1 allowed for a good range of colorblocking techniques, especially with a predominantly black upper. Also, nobody cared about UBs until Kanye wore them (source: bought a disco/$70 pair of royal UB 1.0s for running in 2014, before the Kanye hype) NMD R1s were hyped from the jump, granted you’re right they were definitely on the Boost hype wave.

So I bought these to do a sole swap. I noticed they look pretty cool when a good amount of the net was removed so I went that route. I knew I wanted boost so I picked up a few pairs to use as donors. I have a pair of ultraboost, zx 500 rm’s, and nite jogger. Was going to do a super clean job with the nite jogger sole but settled on the Zx 500. They give me that saccai feel being a little too long and give them a more exaggerated off white feel to me. In essence I didn’t want a perfect job, I wanted a they look like I did something to them kind of job. Here’s a pic of the before/After.
3DA73F18-9852-4A07-AE2C-B21DF0AF7CA9.jpeg
32F81EEB-5621-4357-9D67-A4C645E1669F.jpeg
35B95537-894A-4C7C-8020-31D30F58A216.jpeg
920D9293-014D-4262-8C44-0DAC467C007D.jpeg
36AC7304-7A98-44C8-8DCB-BF6AB27B6A1D.jpeg

I disagree that is isn’t something special. I think, like the Jordan 1, the NMD R1 allowed for a good range of colorblocking techniques, especially with a predominantly black upper. Also, nobody cared about UBs until Kanye wore them (source: bought a disco/$70 pair of royal UB 1.0s for running in 2014, before the Kanye hype) NMD R1s were hyped from the jump, granted you’re right they were definitely on the Boost hype wave.
We all know the history of boost sneakers being underappreciated until Kanye wore them. It would have been the same story if NMDs released around the same time. Ultra boost 1.0s are the face of ubs and boost in general just like Jordan 1s are for Jordans. I think 350s make a better contender for being equivalent to Jordan 1s than NMDs(and i dont like 350s). Also, I don't think royal 1.0s released in 2014

We all know the history of boost sneakers being underappreciated until Kanye wore them.

Right and Kanye never wore R1s, they were hyped because of their limited runs and later Consortium releases.

I think 350s make a better contender for being equivalent to Jordan 1s than NMDs

Yeah because they never expanded production like they did for NMDs. There were never “take down” 350 GRs in the way mesh NMD R1s existed not were there derivative models like the XR1 and R2, etc. Ironically, Jordan 1s have long had takedown models going to the AJKOs in the 80s and into the mids/phats/V.1/retro ‘XXs, etc. etc. but, in terms of single models, you’re right, 350s are similarly limited as OG 1s are.

Also, I don't think royal 1.0s released in 2014

Actually, you’re right about this-I bought them in the UK in 2015, not late 2014 like I initially thought.

Last edited:
So I bought these to do a sole swap. I noticed they look pretty cool when a good amount of the net was removed so I went that route. I knew I wanted boost so I picked up a few pairs to use as donors. I have a pair of ultraboost, zx 500 rm’s, and nite jogger. Was going to do a super clean job with the nite jogger sole but settled on the Zx 500. They give me that saccai feel being a little too long and give them a more exaggerated off white feel to me. In essence I didn’t want a perfect job, I wanted a they look like I did something to them kind of job. Here’s a pic of the before/After.
3DA73F18-9852-4A07-AE2C-B21DF0AF7CA9.jpeg
32F81EEB-5621-4357-9D67-A4C645E1669F.jpeg
35B95537-894A-4C7C-8020-31D30F58A216.jpeg
920D9293-014D-4262-8C44-0DAC467C007D.jpeg
36AC7304-7A98-44C8-8DCB-BF6AB27B6A1D.jpeg

This is dope!! :wow:
That upper looks really good like that.
Wonder how these would've looked with a Flyknit Trainer sole or Flyknit Racer sole swap.

Yeah, you are right. 2.0s were very coveted. I just feel like they don't get the love they deserve in forums like these sometimes :rolleyes

the gradient is what kills it for me on them. had a couple and just couldn’t do it and flipped them at the peak of boost hype

HOW DO THEY FEEL?! I have the consortium V2 pair and they're not comfy at all.
I'm the wrong one to ask because this is my first shot at anything with 4D.

But to compare it to boost, it's definitely firmer while still having some bounce. The knit and cage feel exactly the same so they still feel great with a little more support. Maybe it softens up a bit over time? IDK but here's a side-by-side

15979744107371626866498250170540.jpg

The 2018 OG is a 12 but these that just came in are an 11.5. They're also about 2 or 3 ounces heavier than the Ultraboost. I like them but I really only walked around the house with them so far

Why did you size down the 4Ds? Would you recommend that or just to go with your UB 1.0 sizing?
Ultra 4Ds came in. The upper is identical to UB 1.0 if not a little looser sincere it doesn’t seem there is any constriction with the midsole and upper causing that elf toe the 2018 UB pair has.

As for sizing I’d go with 1.0 size as sizing down .5ZS might be on the snug side.

I have a pair of 4D run 1.0s and midsole is identical. Firm ride with a little bounce. Not boost soft but doesn’t bottom out.
996E1CB2-B620-4245-8094-4B2FC83F5DD9.jpeg

Ultra 4Ds came in. The upper is identical to UB 1.0 if not a little looser sincere it doesn’t seem there is any constriction with the midsole and upper causing that elf toe the 2018 UB pair has.

As for sizing I’d go with 1.0 size as sizing down .5ZS might be on the snug side.

I have a pair of 4D run 1.0s and midsole is identical. Firm ride with a little bounce. Not boost soft but doesn’t bottom out.
996E1CB2-B620-4245-8094-4B2FC83F5DD9.jpeg
Based on the ADC pics, I was suspecting that the laces are a little wider than normal UB laces and based on your side by side, they do look a tiny bit wider.

I'm the wrong one to ask because this is my first shot at anything with 4D.

But to compare it to boost, it's definitely firmer while still having some bounce. The knit and cage feel exactly the same so they still feel great with a little more support. Maybe it softens up a bit over time? IDK but here's a side-by-side

15979744107371626866498250170540.jpg

The 2018 OG is a 12 but these that just came in are an 11.5. They're also about 2 or 3 ounces heavier than the Ultraboost. I like them but I really only walked around the house with them so far
Thanks for the mini-review. The video they had on ADC where the model takes a step shows some bounce/energy return which gave me a little hope that these would be a little bit more comfy than my V2 Consortiums (which have zero give) so your description is about what I expected.

I'm also a little envious because 11.5 is my size :angry::lol:.

Back
Top Bottom