ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surprised people are disappointed with the slight gloss finish of the triple black Ultras. Thats a finish used on alot of other Adidas triple black models, Fluxs, Los Angeles etc.... first time I've heard people complain that midsoles are too glossy [emoji]128528[/emoji]
I'm not really a fan of the models you mentioned so I never paid close attention to the glossiness on their midsoles, but they also don't use boost, so it's disappointing that the black boost in those sample pics is much glossier than the regular white boost.

But the triple black NMDs we've seen don't have glossy boost.

I'm definitely not convinced that the new photos floating around are the finished product. Look at the heel counter, there are major glue stains around it. Obviously UBs are susceptible to glue stains like that but you'd think they'd seed out unflawed pairs for early product shots and whatnot.

well, they are made in china and did not drop in majority of the western countries, so i dont see how the authenticity can be determined by the label. my CNYs and Burgundys have box labels that look exactly like the one on top. 

the difference between the real and fakes are pretty obvious - i am sure most of us can tell. again, there may be different manufacturers, and this pair is just one rendition, who knows? knowledge is power 
wink.gif

I remember seeing a colorway identical (I think) to the OGs, but the heelcup was much more blue. Could somebody refresh my memory as to what these were? GS maybe?

Also, the men's and women's OGs are actually identical, correct? (width aside)

Last edited:
I've had the ultra boost since the very original release

I don't know if this has been talked about but does anyone think the NUb change on the bottom was kind of pointless?

Now basically we are just buying pairs with the nubs worn down already and the sole is still slippery

It really doesn't seem like a beneficial change IMO

I guess it's better rubber? But the num rubber sole hasn't cracked on me or anything or it's not more slippery or something than originally purchased.

Just babbling. Just a thought

I don't know if this has been talked about but does anyone think the NUb change on the bottom was kind of pointless?

Now basically we are just buying pairs with the nubs worn down already and the sole is still slippery

I guess it's better rubber? But the num rubber sole hasn't cracked on me or anything or it's not more slippery or something than originally purchased.

From a design standpoint, the nubs now have a consistent contact surface area with the ground. I see what you're saying but the nubs wearing out was a big complaint for a lot of people. And this is the easiest way to fix that issue as well as the change in material. 

They probably are also saving some money because they're using less material but I wonder how much that offsets the cost of using a supplier like Continental 

I'm wearing the 3M and was just in Target, and it was pretty quiet in there, no overhead music or too many people, these things were the squeakiest shoes I've ever heard. Maybe I'm just used to more ambient noise to drown it out, but they were as bad as spongebob's squeaky boots

Almost every restaurant I've been to I've almost busted my a** since the sole seems to be really slippery when in contact with either oily/waxy surfaces. I have seen no difference in feel or tackiness from the nubs vs. continental sole. Anything I've read/heard here seems to be placebo.

However when the ground contact is firm, the soles feel awesome.

Womens Ultra Boost are the same as Mens fit wise. Don't be fooled by width B or D or whatever. Just size up 1 from your Mens size.

Ex: Womens 9 = Mens 8.
Word, I have certainly been a part of that sizing discussion many times, haha, and I agree with what you've said. I was simply curious as to if the colors were identical on each, or if there were any aesthetic differences.

I'm wearing the 3M and was just in Target, and it was pretty quiet in there, no overhead music or too many people, these things were the squeakiest shoes I've ever heard. Maybe I'm just used to more ambient noise to drown it out, but they were as bad as spongebob's squeaky boots
I agree here but its more of a gripping to the ground squeak rather than cheap rubber sound like some worn out Jordans. If that makes any sense.

Dang got that UB itch :smh:... Got 3Ms, wool grays on the way and I got my eyes on a pair of OG's... Been less than 2 weeks since I've found this thread. RIP to my wallet :lol:

Dang got that UB itch
mean.gif
... Got 3Ms, wool grays on the way and I got my eyes on a pair of OG's... Been less than 2 weeks since I've found this thread. RIP to my wallet
laugh.gif
Welcome to the ultra boost family. You will have about 10 pairs of ub by the end of the year
wink.gif

Last edited:
Dang got that UB itch
mean.gif
... Got 3Ms, wool grays on the way and I got my eyes on a pair of OG's... Been less than 2 weeks since I've found this thread. RIP to my wallet
laugh.gif
It gets easier once you have all the colorway... 
laugh.gif

Bit of sizing help please.

My first UBs i bought were wool Grey UK8 and fit TTS and perfect.

I then bought the white and then the core black UBs in the same size. These two feel tight and therefore have not worn them much at all.

Was thinking about picking my next ones up in a UK 8.5.

Do you guys go TTS or what? Im confused because my wool greys fitted TTS.

I then bought the white and then the core black UBs in the same size. These two feel tight and therefore have not worn them much at all.

The wool pairs fit bigger than the regular PK for the most part. Many people go .5 up for UBs.

The wool pairs fit bigger than the regular PK for the most part. Many people go .5 up for UBs.
dang, i copped a pair of solar yellows under retail - went down to my true size. gotta loosen them laces up then

Back
Top Bottom