ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure this question gets asked regularly, but I've scanned the thread and it's hard to keep up.

Anywhere online to get the triple whites without paying resell? Looking for a 10 or 10.5 - checked a lot of places locally with no luck.
They are mostly dried up by now if you are referring to the triple white 2.0.

They restock a whole bunch and they actually are going to restock at foot stores 08/10. You might wanna just wait til next week and try online or try locally once more.

For these boutiques to compete with big box stores they should offer perks/prices that are competitive and not over retail.

They have uncaged selling for $150 so I see no point for them charging over retail initially then when they cant move the product, heavily discount it.

Some shoe boutiques are just as sheisty as folks who buy FSR and resell them out the store.

How can you support a small/local business if they tryna come up and not care about their community?
That sounds great, but if you look at the volume they move combined with their lack of differentiation- they have to make a certain amount to cover overhead and pay their bills. They're also trying to scale a business, it makes sense- the consumer may not like paying $10 extra on mesh nmds but thats still a good deal in the grand scheme of things. Your statement is purely from a consumer standpoint, and if we know anything- very few are loyal (meaning they aren't just shopping at Nicekicks, Undftd, etc.). I see many people saying bad things about them, but some of those same people are buying from them. I have no affiliation to Oneness, and I'm not personally defending them- but I like to give a fair assessment to what it is they're actually doing.

Last edited:

That sounds great, but if you look at the volume they move combined with their lack of differentiation- they have to make a certain amount to cover overhead and pay their bills. They're also trying to scale a business, it makes sense- the consumer may not like paying $10 extra on mesh nmds but thats still a good deal in the grand scheme of things. Your statement is purely from a consumer standpoint, and if we know anything- very few are loyal (meaning they aren't just shopping at Nicekicks, Undftd, etc.). I see many people saying bad things about them, but some of those same people are buying from them. I have no affiliation to Oneness, and I'm not personally defending them- but I like to give a fair assessment to what it is they're actually doing.
boutiques and big box stores alike get shoes at Cost. The only reason why big box stores can command the market is because they have 1,000+ stores to 1 small business.

Reason why people choose small business vs. big box is to help the community and also help the small business strive. A boutique to blame the 'customer' is horrible and bad business.

And sure a boutique can charge more, but that is why people go to Amazon/Wal-mart instead. To be able to compete with those stores, you have to offer something more than just the product itself.

I bought a TV from a local business and they not only offered me a better price than a big box store, they offered some throw-in items for free/heavily discounted and a personal experience that I would highly doubt I would get from a high-school kid working at Best Buy.

They also should've handled their responses on twitter more professionally, but I get the frustration. To have constant cancellations and see people talk down on your business all the time when you're trying to grow it has to be disheartening.

boutiques and big box stores alike get shoes at Cost. The only reason why big box stores can command the market is because they have 1,000+ stores to 1 small business.

Reason why people choose small business vs. big box is to help the community and also help the small business strive. A boutique to blame the 'customer' is horrible and bad business.

And sure a boutique can charge more, but that is why people go to Amazon/Wal-mart instead. To be able to compete with those stores, you have to offer something more than just the product itself.

I bought a TV from a local business and they not only offered me a better price than a big box store, they offered some throw-in items for free/heavily discounted and a personal experience that I would highly doubt I would get from a high-school kid working at Best Buy.
Yes, and you have to take into consideration the volume and products they're moving. Selling 50 pairs a day at the same margin that NiceKicks or Undftd is when they're selling X times that isn't a fair comparison. Customer service, loyalty, and relationships are how small businesses can compete- not by giving lower prices (at least consistently, you're giving one example and that example is not the norm). If you want to be pro small-business, you have to realize that you get what you pay for and there is a period where that business can't compete with "big box" prices. Start-up companies don't have the volume or margins to do what you're asking them to here. Not if they want to stay in business at least, or grow. They shouldn't be responding to customers like they did though, I agree. But Kith does the same thing and look at them

They also should've handled their responses on twitter more professionally, but I get the frustration. To have constant cancellations and see people talk down on your business all the time when you're trying to grow it has to be disheartening.
Yet they keep doing it over and over.  As for the pricing, they are an Adidas retailer, not a consignment shop or reseller.  I don't see anybody in here running down 23Penny for selling above retail, because reselling is his game.  Oneness takes advantage of hype to overcharge their customers, and I am hopeful that Adidas will eventually take away their account for it.  I had to laugh when they recently put NMD City Socks online at a ridiculous markup over MSRP and they just sat there.  Within an hour, they knocked the price down.  Sorry, but that kind of crap will never earn you a loyal customer base.

Yet they keep doing it over and over.  As for the pricing, they are an Adidas retailer, not a consignment shop or reseller.  I don't see anybody in here running down 23Penny for selling above retail, because reselling is his game.  Oneness takes advantage of hype to overcharge their customers, and I am hopeful that Adidas will eventually take away their account for it.  I had to laugh when they recently put NMD City Socks online at a ridiculous markup over MSRP and they just sat there.  Within an hour, they knocked the price down.  Sorry, but that kind of crap will never earn you a loyal customer base.
That was funny, those CS's were such a failure (barely moved at retail after the dust settled). I feel what you all are saying, trust me. I would eventually love to get to the same point they are, and wouldn't dare sell over MSRP if Adidas and Nike were blessing us with their products to retail ourselves. In the meantime, just trying to get products to good people and for the best price we can (while still covering expenses).

That was funny, those CS's were such a failure (barely moved at retail after the dust settled). I feel what you all are saying, trust me. I would eventually love to get to the same point they are, and wouldn't dare sell over MSRP if Adidas and Nike were blessing us with their products to retail ourselves. In the meantime, just trying to get products to good people and for the best price we can (while still covering expenses).
Good luck to you.  And while I can't speak for anyone but myself, I do care about who I do business with and will reward companies that treat me well with my $$.  Of course on the hyped releases you end up buying wherever you can, but if I'm paying retail anyway I'll do it with someone I like and trust.  I'd much rather support End, Villa, SNS, and a few others on my list than give FTL or other conglomerates my cash.

Yes, and you have to take into consideration the volume and products they're moving. Selling 50 pairs a day at the same margin that NiceKicks or Undftd is when they're selling X times that isn't a fair comparison. Customer service, loyalty, and relationships are how small businesses can compete- not by giving lower prices (at least consistently, you're giving one example and that example is not the norm). If you want to be pro small-business, you have to realize that you get what you pay for and there is a period where that business can't compete with "big box" prices. Start-up companies don't have the volume or margins to do what you're asking them to here. Not if they want to stay in business at least, or grow. They shouldn't be responding to customers like they did though, I agree. But Kith does the same thing and look at them
basically what gsg23 is saying. The are an Adidas retailer not reseller, so selling over MSRP for shoes that are being sold at big box stores for retail AND free shipping is ridiculous. If Oneness needs to jack up prices and have a store in KY vs. a prime location as LA or NY where I could see why you would need to jack up retail prices, then the only thing keeping Oneness alive are folks who are slave to the hype. Once those pockets have dried up, what NEW customers are they gonna have?

I'm not saying all small business should be giving lower prices, but their pricing scale is inconsistent if they can afford to sell UBs @ $150 to try to get them off their shelves. Doesn't make sense. It's quite obvious what they are doing and looking at it in their point of view is nonsense. They are taking advantage of their customer and they do not care about it. Plain and simple.

Good luck to you.  And while I can't speak for anyone but myself, I do care about who I do business with and will reward companies that treat me well with my $$.  Of course on the hyped releases you end up buying wherever you can, but if I'm paying retail anyway I'll do it with someone I like and trust.  I'd much rather support End, Villa, SNS, and a few others on my list than give FTL or other conglomerates my cash.
Thanks, much appreciated! I'm 100% with you on that sentiment (although I don't care to support End).

JPac, I feel what you're saying as well- not justifying them at all, just speaking on smaller shops and their typical capabilities. I'm aware they get shipments direct from Adidas, and they certainly should have a consistent retail model. My only point was that myself (and it seems like you) don't know whether they're doing so to keep the lights on or if they're just price gauging.

Gorgeous actually.

I may have to hit up my homie for another discounted pair
laugh.gif
. Out of curiosity, how does one paint the black part? What kinda paint?
Angelus leather dye and fabric painting medium mix

Thanks, much appreciated! I'm 100% with you on that sentiment (although I don't care to support End).

JPac, I feel what you're saying as well- not justifying them at all, just speaking on smaller shops and their typical capabilities. I'm aware they get shipments direct from Adidas, and they certainly should have a consistent retail model. My only point was that myself (and it seems like you) don't know whether they're doing so to keep the lights on or if they're just price gauging.
True we don't know their exact intentions but it seems quite obvious with their price fluctuations on something that has a MSRP. If they can't keep the lights on in KY, then owning a shoe boutique ain't the right business to have.

Wouldn't doubt them keeping a few pairs for themselves and put them on eBay for bigger profit.

Body is ready for White 3.0's ... and hopefully my pockets

http://www.kicksonfire.com/adidas-ultra-boost-triple-white-2017-video/
They look nice! Anybody else prefer the black sole (like the 1.0's had) though?
Me. White uppers are hard enough to keep clean. Won't stop me from buying the 3.0s though.

Body is ready for White 3.0's ... and hopefully my pockets

http://www.kicksonfire.com/adidas-ultra-boost-triple-white-2017-video/
Looks like the same UB that was posted that was deemed fake.

Interesting that some pairs have the 'marble' knit as they call it in the vid throughout the whole shoe and some knit that have that mesh looking collar and mid area.
Yeah, but I'm hopefully these are real and they release. I haven't purchased any UBs in a while. 2.0, fail, and the uncaged, I had every intention of buying 2 pairs on RD, but walked out empty handed. Just weren't for me. Honestly, it felt good to walk out and save some  money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom