ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those who have triple black UB's, how is the colored midsole holding up? If they chip or scratch, do the white boost show?

Just wondering what the difference between the custom and factory colored boosts?

IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG
For those who have triple black UB's, how is the colored midsole holding up? If they chip or scratch, do the white boost show?

Just wondering what the difference between the custom and factory colored boosts?

Worn my triple black 3.0 v2 about 37 times and they are holding up pretty well.. Boost is still intact and still feel like I'm walking on pillows ... I would say for a 3.0 these run pretty snug ?

i've seen some dude with his black boost chipping. not sure if it was 1.0/3.0 tb but it sure looks beat and the chipping boost made it looks worse.

i've seen some dude with his black boost chipping. not sure if it was 1.0/3.0 tb but it sure looks beat and the chipping boost made it looks worse.

Many people try to paint core blacks to make them triple blacks which will always end up chipping. Dyeing the boost is key. I've done a handful of pairs, the dye will not come off even if i wanted it to.

Correct.

When you DYE the base material, it sips into it (absorbed) much like how clothing/leather is dyed and left to dry in the sun.

When you PAINT over the base material, depending on how well it takes (water or oil based) to the application it is simply a protective layer on top.

Many people try to paint core blacks to make them triple blacks which will always end up chipping. Dyeing the boost is key. I've done a handful of pairs, the dye will not come off even if i wanted it to.

Frank knows. He's one of the, if not the earliest dudes to use the Dark Knight method. Believe it.

IMG_2574.GIF

Copa still favorite soccer ultra boost model.

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG
Wow Unisport are crazy. Ordered yesterday and they arrived to the post office less than 24 hours later. I do only live around 2 hours away from their warehouse though but still crazy since I ordered them on a sunday.

They are decent but probably nothing I will end up keeping. Liking the Purecontrol and Copas much more as a UB silhouette. These are a bit too much and too chunky for my taste. Feels really unusual not having primeknit but leather instead haha.

Thanks guys. Did you ever have to touch up your customs even if done correctly?

Those black Copas are pretty nice. I'm still not a big fan of the contrasting white boost with black upper. Still need to "dark knight dye" my core black 1.0. I was going to ask if you would consider doing it for the Copas, but that's a no-no, especially for a shoe like that.

Those black Copas are pretty nice. I'm still not a big fan of the contrasting white boost with black upper. Still need to "dark knight dye" my core black 1.0. I was going to ask if you would consider doing it for the Copas, but that's a no-no, especially for a shoe like that.

The black knight dye thought has come to mind, but also really tempted to go with the regular sharpie white out. Will definately do one or the other when time. Bad thing is so many shoes, haven't un-ds-ed. And still looking for the white Kith Copa, but rarely break the no resale rule.

Question regarding dark knight dye: how many bottles do you need to do one pair? I'm assuming one, but I just want to make sure before I place my order.

Anyone noticed that the qc on consortium collection is getting worse? I purchased a pair of overkill eqt before and have a hole on the boost. Is it normal? Or it really is a defect...

Attachments

• IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 32
IMG_4719.JPG
Wow Unisport are crazy. Ordered yesterday and they arrived to the post office less than 24 hours later. I do only live around 2 hours away from their warehouse though but still crazy since I ordered them on a sunday.

They are decent but probably nothing I will end up keeping. Liking the Purecontrol and Copas much more as a UB silhouette. These are a bit too much and too chunky for my taste. Feels really unusual not having primeknit but leather instead haha.
What size?

Back
Top Bottom