ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teddy having a meltdown because he wasn't featured in this commercial :lol:

Flame me if y’all want

I rock with this dude ohitsteddy, his videos are 1000x better than that hype beast Qiasomar, and I can’t really stand other sneaker head vlogs,

IMO adidas should have mentioned the dude who literally rocks 100% adidas, it’s hard as hell to rock literally strictly only one brand. Grimey for adidas to do that

Flame me if y’all want

I rock with this dude ohitsteddy, his videos are 1000x better than that hype beast Qiasomar, and I can’t really stand other sneaker head vlogs,

IMO adidas should have mentioned the dude who literally rocks 100% adidas, it’s hard as hell to rock literally strictly only one brand. Grimey for adidas to do that
I am speaking with limited/no knowledge, but it seems there was once a relationship between the two and it soured and resulted in Adidas asking him to stop using Boost in his name.

Flame me if y’all want

Back in the day he wasn't terrible but got real old watching him get stoned and ride the **** outa anything Adidas. Also the way he'd just continually knock Nike was annoying af and not his fault but the people getting their **** signed by him and all that was cringy to the point of disgust lol

Back in the day he wasn't terrible but got real old watching him get stoned and ride the **** outa anything Adidas. Also the way he'd just continually knock Nike was annoying af and not his fault but the people getting their **** signed by him and all that was cringy to the point of disgust lol

Weird seeing all the teen fanbois on Twitter tagging Adidas and d riding him, saying they'd never know about boost shoes without him....

Huh? How did you end up following him in the first place if it wasn't because of boost? That's literally how he because e-famous, by buying the most boost shoes.

Weird seeing all the teen fanbois on Twitter tagging Adidas and d riding him, saying they'd never know about boost shoes without him....

Huh? How did you end up following him in the first place if it wasn't because of boost? That's literally how he because e-famous, by buying the most boost shoes.
Lol exactly. I watched his vids just to see on feets cause he's the same size as me and for his dog :lol:

Flame me if y’all want

I skimmed the commercial but most of the people I saw and recognized are on adidas' payroll or are official brand ambassadors. This Teddy guy didn't make Boost cool or bring it credibility (Kanye). He just increased the awareness of it, which was happening with or without him anyway. When I first got into Boost in late 2015, I didn't know who tf he was and when I finally heard of him he was just another shoe collector to me. There's millions of them out there. He just happens to have a bigger following than most of us Boost fans. So no, he doesn't deserve to be in the commercial. Would it have been cool to highlight one of the most visible collectors? Sure, but they don't owe him anything.

I have mixed opinions on Teddy. I think he's a bit over the top, but I cannot deny he's had a significant impact on this niche. But why did Adidas execute a cease and desist. They couldn't just reach out to him to tell him to stop using their name and trademark?

I have mixed opinions on Teddy. I think he's a bit over the top, but I cannot deny he's had a significant impact on this niche. But why did Adidas execute a cease and desist. They couldn't just reach out to him to tell him to stop using their name and trademark?

Prolly sent him that cause he rippin dabs and talking like a fool while "representing" their brand with kids and all that watching.

Never forget that you’re just a customer and these companies will treat you as such.

Brand loyalty without a check is silly.
Pretty much. And wasn’t dude selling boostgod merch with the boost typeface too. That’s illegal :lol:

Teddy having a meltdown because he wasn't featured in this commercial :lol:

Just saw the video. He self-proclaimed himself to be the Michael Jordan of Boost. Dude def feelin' himself. Throughout the years he gained notoriety for being the Ash Ketchum of boost until Adidas made too many CWs for him to keep up. It obvious his ploy was to get in the ins with Adidas until that relationship went sour. Now all he rocks is Kith to try to get in the ins with Ronnie (I remember that vid when he went to the Aspen release and he was fanboying out trying to show his designs to Ronnie and he basically brushed him off).

The commercial was dumb anyways because had it been for them listening to their fans, Boost wouldn't always be making the discount rack.

Pretty much. And wasn’t dude selling boostgod merch with the boost typeface too. That’s illegal :lol:

He can’t be that surprised he wasn’t featured, adidas sued him for using adidas IP on the clothes he was selling lol which is why he probably stopped using boost god.

Bingo.

Legally, the concept isn't hard to understand: Adidas could potentially be compromised in future copyright litigation should they promote a guy who is illegally using their trademark(s). He wasn't just an unofficial ambassador for the brand, he was profiting from copyright infringement; he expected to be thanked and plugged after that?

He still is toeing the line of copyright infringement with his designs:

I give him props for creating a following (even if it is mostly teenagers) and making money (YouTube channel, Friends and Family merch, etc.), but I don't understand the sense of entitlement of he and his fanbois about why Adidas owes him anything. He still gets hooked up sometimes. He got a pair of those newer pharrell's from Adidas, got a pair of John Geiger (who steals designs, btw) shoes, has some sort of partnership with StockX, and also seems to be buddies with RacsLife (who also is a dbag).

Back
Top Bottom