ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B5F237C0-A1C8-4970-AEC1-A69160D632B6.png

Full Size run.

I still like Adidas, but they’ve fallen off in terms of provoking emotion to the average sneakerhead. The new models and colorways that they’re putting out are painfully boring or they don’t give it that marketing push. The only time I’ll buy an adidas shoe nowadays is when it’s super discontinued to the point I’m buying it for peanut prices. To me it seems like Adidas fell off when it came to breathing innovation to the models as well, compared to Nike they don’t have that “staple” shoe that’s going to be consistently bought besides Yeezys and UBs.

Yeah the ultimate irony is that Adidas ended up resting on their laurels and actually pushing Nike/JB to improve over the past few years (which they did), even with Boost still being the most comfortable cushioning system. It also makes me wonder if Kanye and Boost basically saved the brand from itself.

The hype is definitely not there, but it seems like the only thing that is hyped at all right now is Nike SB and Off White (and always AJ1's).

That said, I almost solely wear Adidas / boost. Wearing my old white 1.0's right now. If I'm not wearing these, or my OG UB's, or Creams - I'm wearing 700s (Waves in summer, Tephras/Mauves in cool weather). And if none of those, I'm wearing my Adilette slides - which are beeeeat as far as slides go. They are the grey pair and I've basically worn the color off of the heel / ball / toes so its a yellowish color. They look terrible, but they are the most comfortable footwear I own. Prob gonna grab another pair once I catch them on sale for like sub-$20 again.

Couldn’t disagree more-FOG 1s, SACAI collabs, and any/all Travis Scott sneakers are all very or extremely hyped. Hell, even GR retros are flying off the shelves nowadays. Nike/JB are likely entering another golden age while Adidas seems to have reverted in many ways. I’m honestly not sure what is going on at Adidas but it seems like they need to change a lot of things there instead of releasing 100s of cws of mesh NMD R1s and Nite Joggers that are bound for Marshall’s and TJ Maxx.

Yeah the ultimate irony is that Adidas ended up resting on their laurels and actually pushing Nike/JB to improve over the past few years (which they did), even with Boost still being the most comfortable cushioning system. It also makes me wonder if Kanye and Boost basically saved the brand from itself.

Couldn’t disagree more-FOG 1s, SACAI collabs, and any/all Travis Scott sneakers are all very or extremely hyped. Hell, even GR retros are flying off the shelves nowadays. Nike/JB are likely entering another golden age while Adidas seems to have reverted in many ways. I’m honestly not sure what is going on at Adidas but it seems like they need to change a lot of things there instead of releasing 100s of cws of mesh NMD R1s and Nite Joggers that are bound for Marshall’s and TJ Maxx.

honestly what’s crazy is the kind of hype new balance has gotten in about the past 2 years. they’ve been hitting the right spots collabing with the right brands, having those big name celebs/influencers rock their kicks and in a way capitalizing on the hype with kawhi and the dad shoe trend

i feel like NB and Nike just being able to have the right collabs led to them being more successful as opposed to adidas who’s collabs haven’t really made much sense

just my thoughts though

honestly what’s crazy is the kind of hype new balance has gotten in about the past 2 years. they’ve been hitting the right spots collabing with the right brands, having those big name celebs/influencers rock their kicks and in a way capitalizing on the hype with kawhi and the dad shoe trend

i feel like NB and Nike just being able to have the right collabs led to them being more successful as opposed to adidas who’s collabs haven’t really made much sense

just my thoughts though

It's all about timing and how the pendulum swings. Adidas (with their UB/NMD/Yeezy triple combo kamehkamehhooo) has shot their energy beam and that's that. They did good during that half a decade aka "the golden boost years". At the same time they also got some killer boutique co-signs and something Fresh for sure during that time when the scene was a LULL because there wasn't much going on (as far as i can remember). Adidas HAD an opportunity with 4d , a window they failed to capitalize on. I guess it's a german thing...never producing enough numbers & losing the battle ehh? and when they can, the audience already left.

I think after NMD or UB started to loose their steam & traction and people went back to the next hype train, getting on board with Travis and SB / JB. I mean credit be given credit due, Nike just manages better with marketing and story telling than Adidas can. And NB is just a pleasant surprise.

One of the better new boost sneakers..

Attachments

• adidas-Terrex-TWO-Parley-Release-Info-1.jpg
    adidas-Terrex-TWO-Parley-Release-Info-1.jpg
    891.4 KB · Views: 178
I didn't see anything to substantiate the rumors of the triple black release. Usually we get a stock pic, not that we don't know what it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom