Adidas T-mac V Review Black/Red

Before Training:-

129566304.jpg

Well, i was a little dubious as to what to expect with these shoes. I had heard some negative comments here and there regarding various things. I've just gotten back from one of the best training sessions I've ever had. Here is my personal opinion of the shoes...

Now to the thing you all care about - Traction:- 4/5
For me on the dusty court that i play on I experienced no ice-skatage. Its true that they dont have the bite of the t-mac IV or the II, but they provide better than average/subpar traction that for example, the operates/lebron IIs had on dusty courts. You will see just how dusty the court is when you see the pics :\
ohwell.gif

129566306.jpg

129566308.jpg

Comfort: 5/5
Very comfortable. I was worried that the red forefoot tab (with a '1' on it) would rub on my toes but that was never a problem. Heel to toe transition was buttery smooth. I barely knew the shoe was there.

Support:- 4/5
Zero heel slip. None. The height of the toe box is just right. This is unusually high cut t-mac, but they pulled it off. You feel protected but not constricted. The 3D torsion helped the shoe to maintain its balance. Like anything that does its job right, you never realise its doing anything. With regards to the AJ VIII-esque strap, after playing its purpose is clearly cosmetic and it does that well. I knocked a point off because if the strap was properly implemented, the fit would have been awesome.

Style:- 5/5
I havent felt the need to rush out and buy a pair of adidas kicks since the t-mac 2. The velco'd lace knot cover was a nice touch. I wouldnt advise trying to tie the laces over it, as you wont get the same lockdown fit. In my opinion, it reminds a lot of us of an Air Jordan thats why we love this colourway so much. Not feelin the white/black at all.

Cushioning:- 5/5
Great. Very responsive, zoom air-like but without the spring back. After doing suicides half the night, my feet feel fine. Try saying that after training in some cray8s!!!
I know this shoe has adiprene+ in the forefoot and adiprene in the heel, but it appears like they have implemented it differently somehow. Before it the sockliner had some sort of blue eva/foam in the middle. But now that blue stuff is gone and so is that spongey mushy feeling that were present in previous t-macs. I'll put up a pic of what is under the sockliner. Perhaps some insight could be given from 3canada?

129569008.jpg

Summary:-
It takes a lot for a shoe to qualify to be put in my regular rotation. This shoe makes the grade. Comfortable, great traction, excellent midfoot support and above all light weight (UK 12.5). If you can find these kicks in black/red and at a reasonable price pick them up, i got mine for 40 inc postage, an absolute steal!!!

Any comments would be appreaciated.

REALLY, Cause I have the Tmac 5, same color, and I hate them for playing in. They are one of the nicest looking shoes there is but most of the love ends there.

Traction is terrible. I play on a court that I sweep well, And these do not have the greatest traction at all. They slipped out on me every single time I made a hard cut, or pushed off hard in them, epecially on D. These are bad shoe to get crossed up in cuase they aint gonna allow you to recover. Once you start sliding in these you dont stop. I would give traction 1.5/ 5

They are very clunky, and High off the ground at the heel. They feel comfertable when you put them on, but 20 minutes into playin my feet start to just ache. For some reason, the heel slips out on these, its almost like the traction tries to catch, but the heel is so stiff, that it just slips out.

They over heat so bad. 20-30 minutes into playing and these things make your feet feel like you have them in the fire. They do not get rid of the heat well at all. My feet have never burned so bad before in shoes.

So to sum it up, I had the complete opposite experience in these shoes. I do not care to play in them. I think I might actually get rid of them and sell em, cause ill never where them to play.

I have no excuses to the tune of 'oh your feet must be...' or 'the surface of your court must be...' or anything like that. I dont have an explanation as to why we would have experiences that are the polar opposite of each other :\
ohwell.gif

We are in agreement that they dont have the greatest traction, but for me on my home court i didnt slide.

But on that same surface, I slid in my OG XIIs (these were v.good condition, not beaten up) and I slid in my lebron2s. Yet on different wood based surface, they had glue like traction. Sold the lebrons because on the place I play most I slid (no way in hell did I sell the XIIs :lol:
laugh.gif
)

Perhaps its more to do with what the court is than the amount of dust on the court?

what are other people's experiences with this colourway?

P.S. I had the first adidas garnett white/blue. For the first few wearings, the traction on my court was terrible, but once the tiny detailing on the outsole had worn off they had great bite on all surfaces. (i may put a review up of those old shoes)

ive been wanting some of these, ill get when i find a steal

thx for review
TEAM TN
* Joerdan23 * vicentvega8523 * td n tn * AirJordan18 * CitrusGirl * JRock6820 *memphisboi55 *fulltime hustla

Reviews like this really make this section great. Much more so than the "which shoe should I get" polls.

gettin those bad babies today. yea yeaiiiiiiii. thos r so nice and the best colorway IMO. i also wanna get them cuz these r the colors that tmac wore when he took a crap on shawn bradely last year against the mavs in the playoffs. ahahhhah
I'm asian, if that matters.

I have them too and from my experience the Black/reds have great traction, while my white ones have average traction

I also have these in a SZ 12, but I have the white/red/black ones and as PR baller 23 had problems with it, I too had problems with it on D. I actually sprained my ankle with it and the traction of it is horrible. |I
tired.gif
Just thought I'd share.
Everyting negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
- Kobe Bryant

Anyone compared these to the Air Jordan XXI's yet in terms of comfort, cushioning and traction?

Also, on the tongue of these, there is the velcro on the top that covers the top part of the laces. Is that the only purpose or is it for something else? Thanks!

would the T Mac 5's look good with jeans? just wondering...
Easy MONEY!!!!!

yea they look good with jeans if u get the bred color but im not too sure with the white and black. they have a brown color which is almost made for casual use.
I'm asian, if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom