adidas X HUF Adicolors Y1 TWIST Collaboration.

old news... if you had actually read the description of that auction closely, it clearly says from 2006. but to clarify, what a lot of people didn'tunderstand is that the ray fong character wasn't a jab at the asian community- in fact, Barry McGree (Twist) is half chinese himself. he's even statednumerous times the ray fong character is a self-portrait of his 8-yr old self. the character rather was a jab towards white america for being so ignorant andstereotypical towards asian immigrants during the 1950-60's.

but yes, they were pulled off shelves because of the controversy. people can rant about the newest dunk collaboration about being rare and a must for thecollection, but i feel the Adicolor x Huf x Twists are one of the best additions to my inventory

yeah, i get that it's old news. I just wanted to see if anyone had more information on it. I'd never heard of the drama behind it (or the shoe, forthat matter) nor did I know how many were really out there. If it's true that it was pulled, I'd imagine the number has to be stupid low. But I'msure they were backdoor-ing the shoes left and right, right? Anyway, I found this tee doing some research on it: http://hypebeast.com/2006...ay-fong-controversy-tee/ hilarious. probably rarer than the shoes,but anyone have a medium ?!

they were *recalled*, but only as a PR thing. I believe the distribution of the adicolor lo shoes were the most limited in each color. There were a limitednumber of stores that were able to sell these, and I don't recall hearing that any of them returned the shoes for the recall. HUF certainly didn'treturn them, as they were available for at least a couple months on their website.

Back
Top Bottom