• Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
55CCF447-ADAA-4A24-A1C6-4D4626EFC2C3.jpeg

These on feet of the aliens should start firing up the hype.

from a far the design reminds me of those oil/bleach stained vintage shirts that were popular during the TLOP era. Interesting take since no one has applied it to a shoe. look forward to more CWs

^^ That just reminded me.

For those into fashion, did Ye set/influence any fashion trends?

For instance, I noticed people getting into that grungey streetwear look during the Yeezus era.

Also, I noticed people getting into vintage tees, Chelsea boots, and dad shoes around the time Ye started wearing it. I don't know if it was just a coincidence, or Ye was just hopping on the latest trends.

1571078369455.png

I'd say he influenced many fashion trends. He kind of started the renewed hype in Jordan 1's, and Flyknit Trainers, and when Ultraboosts first released they weren't really selling until he wore the OG white pair.

Can't say he started all of the fashion trends, but I think you have to give him credit for bringing some of them mainstream. I had never heard of Haider Ackerman, etc. before he was wearing that type of stuff.

For instance, I noticed people getting into that grungey streetwear look during the Yeezus era.

Also, I noticed people getting into vintage tees, Chelsea boots, and dad shoes around the time Ye started wearing it. I don't know if it was just a coincidence, or Ye was just hopping on the latest trends.

1571078369455.png
Imo, FOG and Jerry popularized the grunge "smart" wear trend

Gonna be an expensive November if that’s the lineup. 380s deserve a chance, might snag a second static black, and those 700s are a great buy if they ever go on sale going off the early pics

Would you guys argue that in terms of pop culture, he's most influential music artist right now?

I always wondered how Ye got so much influence, when he wasn't particularly the best rapper in his prime (Eminem, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, etc).

Jay-Z had Rocawear which is still making him tons of money, but I don't think it ever reached Kanye's level.

Drake is arguably the most popular artist right now, but I don't think he's as influential as Ye.

Would you guys argue that in terms of pop culture, he's most influential music artist right now?

I always wondered how Ye got so much influence, when he wasn't particularly the best rapper in his prime (Eminem, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, etc).

Jay-Z had Rocawear which is still making him tons of money, but I don't think it ever reached Kanye's level.

Drake is arguably the most popular artist right now, but I don't think he's as influential as Ye.
Kanye is by far the most influential when it comes to fashion. He’s an artist that creates new things and starts new trends, as opposed to Rocawear or Sean John which produce vulgar hood gear. Musically, he’s had more hits than Jay-Z or Eminem the last 15 years so don’t sell him short.

1571078369455.png

Would say he’s for sure setting trends if not an early adopter of them.

Personally I think he’s recreating the entire air jordan experience all over again at least for footwear and expanding it out In ways JB hasn’t yet, or was slow to.

Yeah, I'd say he's one of the most influential music artists right now. It's because he's talked about in areas outside of music - negative and positive.

I used to see Rocawear and Sean Jean brand everywhere and even owned some myself back in the day. Haven't seen any in years though. Dillards and Macy's used to sell it here.

Sure there are plenty of women who are way more fine than Kim, but if you single and she approached you, you would turn her away? :nerd:
Yep.
No problem.
1. If i didnt know who she was.
And 2: definitely because i do know who she is.
Hats off to you if she walks up to you and offers and you bone her.
Congrats, enjoy.
Im happy.
She doesnt float my boat.

It is honestly all personal preference/belief. To me personally religion is "crazy". There is a better word for it i know so apologies for using it in any sort of mental health comparison. But Jesus's conception was immaculate (not scientifically possible), He was dead for 3 days and came back to life (again...zombie jesus?). I respect the bible for creating a moral compass for society to an extent but that's about it. The fairy tales that exist in all of these religious scripts cause an unnecessary tribalistic society that breeds separation.

So I am basically choosing to not give my money to a person that went from Jesus Walks (a song not written by West) where it was respecatble "they say you can rap about anything except for Jesus" like it was tasteful and fine. To "jesus is king" the album and saying things like you can't use curse words around him and now he is basically a pastor, standing at a pulpit with people listening to him spout other beliefs of his that I don't support.

Again it really isn't that big of a deal it is just shoes. But its just something i am done with. i can't be seen wearing a pair of shoes that people might automatically assume that i support the things this man now stands for. Call it insecure call it misinformed call it hypocritical....i live my life the way i want to live it is all

Lmfaooooo

i find the whole religion “saving people” thing ****ing hilarous

1571078369455.png
Imo, FOG and Jerry popularized the grunge "smart" wear trend

Well if you look at a majority of streetwear you can see kanye had his hands in it. His status and influence popularized trends. His relationships with Kim Jones, Virgil abloh, Jerry Lorenzo ...
I think its just his trait to be ahead of the times. Look at all his albums after The Graduation ...
808, yeezus, TLOP ... they werent widely accepted till years after. Well 808 was accepted in the mainstream but boom-bap heads hated it and look at it now its the basis for alot of well known artists.

Well if you look at a majority of streetwear you can see kanye had his hands in it. His status and influence popularized trends. His relationships with Kim Jones, Virgil abloh, Jerry Lorenzo ...
I think its just his trait to be ahead of the times. Look at all his albums after The Graduation ...
808, yeezus, TLOP ... they werent widely accepted till years after. Well 808 was accepted in the mainstream but boom-bap heads hated it and look at it now its the basis for alot of well known artists.
True.

808s paved the way for Drake, Cudi, Chance, Travis, Lil Uzi, Juice Wrld.

I'd say he influenced many fashion trends. He kind of started the renewed hype in Jordan 1's, and Flyknit Trainers, and when Ultraboosts first released they weren't really selling until he wore the OG white pair.

Can't say he started all of the fashion trends, but I think you have to give him credit for bringing some of them mainstream. I had never heard of Haider Ackerman, etc. before he was wearing that type of stuff.

It’s funny you mentioned UBs when the 1st pair of non-Yeezy Boost shoes Ye wore were actually these:

4A9AB15B-6A7F-4357-B0F9-902253FFA41C.jpeg

B0AEB17A-7758-4900-906A-D2AD548B98A8.jpeg

For whatever reason, people jumped on the UB hype train when he later wore those.

Back
Top Bottom