ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
would have loved to see the faces of those Nike execs who sat through the meeting with Kanye's people telling them about the clothing line.

Could you imagine Nike even getting involved with bum clothing like that? I just see Jaguars GIF in my head.
He cussed Mark Parker out. 

Nike was done with Ye way before he started ranting at the concerts.

His handlers were trying to fix the situation but he kept going off at concerts so Wex came in and got that free hype from the jump.

Kanye helps create hype for the brand itself. That hype is then transferred to their everyday product and for the average consumer.

Prime example: those FoG/H&M rip offs are sold out everywhere. Same with those homeless crewnecks. I was in store last weekend and a group of kids literally pointed and said this the Kanye shirt

What did EU do? But, Kanye conversely helped EU come up on Js as well. I saw the evolution in EU from people walking in on release day to buy BRED 1s at 10 AM and walking out no problem to being featured on all the fashion blogs and the lineups getting out of control. NDC EU used to be so sweet....no longer.
UK/EU has always been a runners first country.

They were rocking TF and Flyknits before Ye started being photographed in them.

Ye goes to EU, soaks in the culture and style...flies back...and convinces the US that he started the fad.

Kanye also wasn't happy about extremely limited nature of the shoes and Nike paying him just a couple mil. Nike refuses to accept they are a fashion company as well and that Kanye could have been a great addition to their brand. Adding a cultural dimension on top of athletics.

UK/EU has always been a runners first country.

They were rocking TF and Flyknits before Ye started being photographed in them.

Ye goes to EU, soaks in the culture and style...flies back...and convinces the US that he started the fad.
To me athleticwear and fashion fusion has been a global trend in the making. I mean Lululemon really where it started if I am being honest. You right there was a time where Kanye was a conduit for EU style, but now he is the influencer. Like I said when you see middle age EU women in Js on fashion blogs...we know where that came from.

Last edited:
Far from it. I own zero under Armour apparel. I prefer Nike everything.

But if I cheerleader is what you've gathered from my posts about market share, then so be it.

you are invested in UA though. You have stock. So yes, of course you're going be a cheerleader. You should be if its been increasing for you.

I purchased Apple stock for $14 a share back in 2000 (?), before the Apple madness came out. 1500 shares. Sold them for well over $200 per. I had my pom poms out cheering like a mug. Funny thing is I don't even like Apple, although I do have an iPhone and Mac.

Completely disagree. Maybe in 10-15 years, but adidas has the infrastructure and the brand recognition across multiple signgifcant product lines. For adidas it's about reshuffling and setting better strategy. While UA still has many markets where their brand is not established. Don't get me wrong I think UA is on the right path, but if you talk to people on adidas and Nike campuses they're not too worried about them right now.

I know Adidas account owners are pissed because reps didn't not clarify that apparel was needed to get MR allocation.

I won't name the store, but one owner took a loss on the apparel because people started returning all their purchases because it didn't resale well....so, he took his allocation and sold it via consignment to make up for the loss.

He said adidas just doesnt sell. UBs are offered but only in all colorways and he has to sit on anything NOT white UB. He says stans and shell toes sell but YBs are the only thing he sees real bread off of.

Nike letting Kanye go was one of the best things to happen to them.

He pitched the same bum line clothing to them and they said "we don't see the value in your collection"

That's what set him off. 

Fax no printer.

Now let me stop typing before I get another text from my folks at both HQs
I can't say I know much about what happened with allocations but what I do know is adidas sales side has been going through quite a few changes for some time now. Maybe it affected how they pitched or didn't pitch the MRs.

whatever dislike I have for Ye, the man really does have a strong hold and I have to give him props. Its amazing.

I can't say I know much about what happened with allocations but what I do know is adidas sales side has been going through quite a few changes for some time now. Maybe it affected how they pitched or didn't pitch the MRs.
I think so.

He got about 30 pairs but took in about 100k in clothing. He said there's no profit in selling the line.

Nike can do just fine without Ye. Having him on board was just a cool factor. It was becoming more of a headache than anything.

Now they got Drizzy :pimp:

I'm gonna be tight af if we don't see a ADC drop tonight fellas.

:rofl:

the hope is strong with you. Way to be optimistic about it.

Reminds me of the Royal 1's. Dudes really telling themselves the reason why we haven't seen a wider release was because it was Chinese New Year.

CHINESE NEW YEAR.

Nike can do just fine without Ye. Having him on board was just a cool factor. It was becoming more of a headache than anything.

Now they got Drizzy
pimp.gif
They offered him 3 more shoes with clothing.

Having a trophy wife is cool and all...but that bish gonna get on your nerves eventually.

Now they got Drizzy
pimp.gif
I agree, I loved his first 2 shoes but glad to see him go... that hobo look is whack.

OVO stuff is complete garbage though. 
sick.gif

Now they got Drizzy
pimp.gif
What if Yeezy line rivals JB eventually? Say it becomes more than just shoes...clothes (especially if they are more accessible ie not hobo swag)? 

Or this hype around athletic wear dies and the beasts will leave Nike and Adi behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom