ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

to be taken with a grain of salt... 
He knows nothing.

Nothing weird. They'll be raffled. Online will be ok if you're up when they launch.

Still 
laugh.gif
 at the "quality/price justification" comment.

UB>350

Truthfully I'm not gonna get my hopes up. For the 750 I bought into it being widely available and passed on lower prices than resale is now in hopes I could cop later but end up still having to pay 2k for them. So if I get a good price I'm just gonna cop early.

Truthfully I'm not gonna get my hopes up. For the 750 I bought into it being widely available and passed on lower prices than resale is now in hopes I could cop later but end up still having to pay 2k for them. So if I get a good price I'm just gonna cop early.
We knew right off the bat the 750 was limited as hell.

Nobody came out other than NYC saying they were getting them.

If I could score two pairs and these are limited I'll let my second pair go at 900 tbh not passing the 1k threshold.

People thought they were going to fund their summer vacation off these shoes

and now that they are pretty much a GR they salty.

The price point is about right for a Yeezy.

The Ultra Boost J&D used primeknit, leather, and boost material.

They retailed for  $200.00-$210.00.

The Yeezy 350 uses primeknit, suede, and boost material.

They retail for $200.00.

I really don't see an argument here?

Comparing them to Rosche is crazy too.

Unless you compare them to the Rosche Flyknit PRM which retails at $170.

Add in a lunarlon sole and make it a collab and the price would shoot up to $200 easily.

Already seasoned no salt needed.

You never know. If not I won't die tbh. I like the shoe and just wanna cop if I could gain back some of what I spent and then some it would be nice. But I'm not losing sleep over it. I never cop to resell, just need a little extra money since I'm going away for about a month. Plus I bet people will still try to sell them for over 1k and if it's limited even worse.

Last edited:

We knew right off the bat the 750 was limited as hell.

Nobody came out other than NYC saying they were getting them.
Actually, Adidas pulled the release in major cities because of shipping delays and not putting enough faith in GR numbers. It was going to be a limited run but not like it turned out to be.

So far Adidas has dropped the ball on Ye. His line is only being well received by a very niche group and is not profitable for Adidas. 

People thought they were going to fund their summer vacation off these shoes

and now that they are pretty much a GR they salty.

The price point is about right for a Yeezy.

The Ultra Boost J&D used primeknit, leather, and boost material.

They retailed for  $200.00-$210.00.

The Yeezy 350 uses primeknit, suede, and boost material.

They retail for $200.00.

I really don't see an argument here?

Comparing them to Rosche is crazy too.

Unless you compare them to the Rosche Flyknit PRM which retails at $170.

Add in a lunarlon sole and make it a collab and the price would shoot up to $200 easily.

Already seasoned no salt needed.
The argument is you can get those same FK roshes on sale for $60.

If you don't see Roshe in the 350 you're blinded by your man crush. 

The YZY on the side panel is what is selling this shoe...not the materials or design.

Last edited:

Actually, Adidas pulled the release in major cities because of shipping delays and not putting enough faith in GR numbers. It was going to be a limited run but not like it turned out to be.

So far Adidas has dropped the ball on Ye. His line is only being well received by a very niche group and is not profitable for Adidas. 

The YZY on the side panel is what is selling this shoe...not the materials or design.
I'll be the first to admit AGAIN!!!!

I am a kanye fan (Kanye stan) to this community and that's OK if you are true to it.

I want these cuz of course theyre kanye west... Would i want them if they weren't kanye's? Likely not.

But me personally... I don't see an roshe in this model lol... I see a runner. So maybe it looks more like a flyknit racer. Def. not a roshe tho in my eyes

You can literally say there are design similarities about anything. There is rarely, if at all, anything that does not come inspired from something else. The devil is in the details. Those small changes are what makes the difference. Sock liner, slimmer profile, boost sole, arch panel will very much distinguish itself against the Roshe. Of course the name will add to the hype, but discrediting the design because it entails inspiration from other shoes is moot. Even ignoring the fact that it more so pulls the aspects from other Adidas pieces, like the Qasas.

Lol, you can keep those Flyknit Roshes if you want. I'm not big on that pattern. Reminds me of fishnets.

I have no clue what you are talking about?

It has nothing to do with what I was talking about either.

I'm talking about price points versus materials used / production cost.

The Rosche Flyknit PRM was used as an example because they are both identical in design.

They both use a knit upper, leather or suede accents and are close in price.

The difference being the sole and the cost of manufacturing the sole.

Rosches going on sale is irrelevant because of the MSRP.

Yeezy 350 boost will never go on sale due to popularity and limited production numbers.

All this man crush nonsense is just more dribble to avoid the obvious.

The Yeezy 350 boost is accurately priced for todays hypebeast market where people will pay any amount of money

to feel that they have something popular or exclusive.

The irony is they could have a pair of handmade shoes tailored to their exact specifications for less than the price of any Yeezy listed on ebay

which is the price many will have to pay to obtain their Yeezy.

Last edited:

I know I'll get hate but it's a roshe with adidas branding.

Nike bout to release new material on their roshes, watch.
they are different enough from roshes that you can say that someone might like one but not the other

personally the shoe is ok but are not worth more than pure boosts

But it has higher production costs than the regular UltraBoost. Believe me
Nah. I don't believe that for a second.

They may not make as much profit on the 350, due to the limited numbers, in comparison to the UB, but I don't believe that it costs any more, or even as much, as the production of the UB. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom