Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Y’all keep saying that Yeezy 350s are aimed to be for everyone and then you say they have “milked” the model.

again I ask, why would adidas slow down on 350s or even vault them when they continue to sell out?? And by sell out I don’t mean instantly sold out, but these “brick” yeezys always end up selling out from stores over time and they never go on discount.

Y’all keep saying that Yeezy 350s are aimed to be for everyone and then you say they have “milked” the model.

again I ask, why would adidas slow down on 350s or even vault them when they continue to sell out?? And by sell out I don’t mean instantly sold out, but these “brick” yeezys always end up selling out from stores over time and they never go on discount.

don’t get me wrong, 350s are dope and i own a few pair myself... but there is literally a new color way of 350s (some good/some bad) every week. eventually, people will grow tired of 350s and the demand for them will continue to decline. it’s just the simple supply/demand principle of a business.. look at foamposite ones for example.

These lowkey fire, just wish the accents had a little more color.

Would cop if retail was $200.
this is like page of a coloring book that a child got distracted from and didn't finish. I love the concept but there are literally 2 tiny details of color - this **** needs more work.

also, yeah. the vast majority of 700s aren't worth more than $220 to me. I'd pick up some tephras rn if that's what they went for

IMO To me Yeezys are starting to become like air force 1's ...... which is however you want to take it
So they are a classic that will still be beloved in 30+ years but right now they are kinda played out and it might be a good idea to slow down on the amount of releases.

I enjoy the shoes being more available. **** hype. I just want to be able to get what I want for box price.

Tell me another Artist/Athlete/Influencer that can design their own model (with the help of a team of course) and have as much success as Ye.

MJ was a global icon, and everyone wanted to be Like Mike from head-to-toe. But he also had help from arguably one of the best sneaker designers of all-time in Tinker Hatfield.

Virgil and Travis are killing the game right now.
But they're basically remixing Nike's top models, which already gives them an advantage.
I don't see Virgil's mainline OW sneakers pulling the same success as "The Ten".

Jay-Z who is arguably the greatest MC of all-time had FUBU and had his own sneaker with Reebok, but you can't mention him in the same breath as Kanye when it comes to impact in fashion/sneakers.
Kendrick might go down as the GOAT rapper, and his collabs have done well. But nothing special.
Finally, you have Drake who is probably the biggest Pop artist right now. His JB collaborations look the same and lack originality. It's just Black/Gold or White/Gold, mixed in with an Owl.
And his OVO brand just looks like fan merch.

Meanwhile, look at the impact Ye has had despite being the most hated or polarizing artist in the world right now.
He's got millions wearing his kicks, from different ages and backgrounds.
He's got people wearing tees with holes, slimmer jeans, leather pants, etc.

Tell me another Artist/Athlete/Influencer that can design their own model (with the help of a team of course) and have as much success as Ye.

MJ was a global icon, and everyone wanted to be Like Mike from head-to-toe. But he also had help from arguably one of the best sneaker designers of all-time in Tinker Hatfield.

But they're basically remixing Nike's top models, which already gives them an advantage.
I don't see Virgil's mainline OW sneakers pulling the same success as "The Ten".

Jay-Z who is arguably the greatest MC of all-time had FUBU and had his own sneaker with Reebok, but you can't mention him in the same breath as Kanye when it comes to impact in fashion/sneakers.
Kendrick might go down as the GOAT rapper, and his collabs have done well. But nothing special.
Finally, you have Drake who is probably the biggest Pop artist right now. His JB collaborations look the same and lack originality. It's just Black/Gold or White/Gold, mixed in with an Owl.

Meanwhile, look at the impact Ye has had despite being the most hated or polarizing artist in the world right now.
I noticed you forgot G-Unit x Reebok.....

no question...

people can laugh at this statement all they want... but Kanye has the potential to do to Adidas what MJ did for Nike. of course there will never be anything like the Air Jordan magic of the 90s... but at the rate Kanye/Adidas is going, they can see very similar success if they use the same business model. that design team has taken extremely bold risk when it comes to a lot of these models, but it’s paid off and they are literally paving a new lane for themselves and the brand.

no question...

people can laugh at this statement all they want... but Kanye has the potential to do to Adidas what MJ did for Nike. of course there will never be anything like the Air Jordan magic of the 90s... but at the rate Kanye/Adidas is going, they can see very similar success if they use the same business model. that design team has taken extremely bold risk when it comes to a lot of these models, but it’s paid off and they are literally paving a new lane for themselves and the brand.
Could you imagine how crazy it would be if this was 15 years ago with College Dropout and all dropping? That was his peak time.

Yea if Kanye can influence people to wear shirts with holes in them, who knows how much success adidas yeezys will have in the long run lol

The kids like Yeezys...people that aren't even in to shoe's know a yeezy 350 v2 when they see one. If adidas stopped all production of the current models and vaulted them. And decided to retro colorways they have already released 6-10 years from now.

Each colorway would fly.

If a full length boost with a prime knit upper shoe was available for 80 bucks a pop skechers would ceases to exist.

Would they still be moving? You're crazy, man. I like you. But you're crazy.
The question posed is not one way or the other but simply a question....

So your saying they would be moving or they wouldnt be?

Again...just curious.

I don't think we will be able to truly gauge Kanye's impact on sneakers with Adidas until another 10 years or so....think of all the Jordan retros users on this site have purchased because

1. They couldn't afford them when they were kids, but are adults now and want them.
2. Had them as kids and those shoes bring back memories of their childhood.

Jordan Brand and Nike has been able to sustain its longevity primarily due to their ability to appeal to the youth from the 90's.

Look at Space Jam and all the Looney toon marketing MJ and Nike did? Appearing on cereal boxes? Marketing isn't a mistake. They played the long game have been reaping the fruits of it ever since.

So once this generation of children ascend into adulthood..and obtain full-time jobs and become productive members of society (we hope). Lets see if they still want yeezys, if they do then yes Kanye succeeded.

Could you imagine how crazy it would be if this was 15 years ago with College Dropout and all dropping? That was his peak time.
For me, College Dropout is his best rap album but MBDTF is BEST album period.
There's a reason why Rolling Stones has MBDTF as the best album of the 2010s.

In terms of cultural influence, I think Ye peaked around MBDTF-Yeezus-TLOP (2010-2017).

Musically, Ye peaked around College Dropout- LR- Graduation.
I loved 808s, but that album was pretty mixed despite the influence it has in today's generation.

Last edited:
I don't think we will be able to truly gauge Kanye's impact on sneakers with Adidas until another 10 years or so....

So once this generation of children ascend into adulthood..and obtain full-time jobs and become productive members of society (we hope). Lets see if they still want yeezys, if they do then yes Kanye succeeded.
I think Kanye has more surpassed more than just exceeded Adidas' expectations over the last 8 years, and thats an understatement.

At this point, they're just looking at longevity. Which it looks like they're doing with Ye planning to build more factories and with all the 350s they're pumping out.

I just really wish that Nike would retro the Air Yeezys. That's the only shoe I ever considered buying a UA of back when. I know it couldn't be a 1:1 retro but they could get close enough to sell out.

I'm not annoyed at the "Yeezy is dead" people, or the ones who only appreciate the brand as a status symbol - because Adidas and Kanye built the line on hype and exclusivity. However, the brand is evolving and those folks will have to find something new to satisfy that itch of having something "special". In that sense it is dead, it's a brand that makes cool stuff, not a brand that makes stuff you can't buy.

And fwiw 350s are nowhere near as bad as foams got.

I think there's a lot of good conversations going on in the past two pages or so. I agree with what many have been saying. Non-sneakerheads are now just being able to grab a pair of yeezys or 350s and are pumped about it. Yeezys definitely not as hard to obtain as before (NR stuff, not the RF models), which is exactly what Kanye wanted all along. From a business standpoint, adidas is loving it and I'm sure Kanye loves looking at people all over wearing his shoe. JB has had tons of cw's or models that has "sat" so not sure why people are saying yeezys are dead just because 700s or the newer cw of 350's don't sell out in a day. JB definitely strikes out when doing too much (i.e., a star is born 1, flight class or whatever that yellow one with the barcode was called, couture 1, etc.). Retro cw's or similar colorblocking will almost always sell out.

If people only liked yeezys because they enjoyed having sneakers that hardly anyone else was wearing, then yes, maybe it's time to unsub from the thread. These the same cats that loved SJ 11's and Concords, but hate em now that everyone was able to scoop on the holiday releases back in '16 and '18. Speaking of retro Jordan's, people love the nostalgia effect of being able to buy a pair of shoes that they coveted when they were children. It will definitely be interesting to see if adidas uses the same model to maybe retro v1's or 750s in a few years (although I have to say v1's have aged terribly).

Back
Top Bottom