Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
I think there's a lot of good conversations going on in the past two pages or so. I agree with what many have been saying. Non-sneakerheads are now just being able to grab a pair of yeezys or 350s and are pumped about it. Yeezys definitely not as hard to obtain as before (NR stuff, not the RF models), which is exactly what Kanye wanted all along. From a business standpoint, adidas is loving it and I'm sure Kanye loves looking at people all over wearing his shoe. JB has had tons of cw's or models that has "sat" so not sure why people are saying yeezys are dead just because 700s or the newer cw of 350's don't sell out in a day. JB definitely strikes out when doing too much (i.e., a star is born 1, flight class or whatever that yellow one with the barcode was called, couture 1, etc.). Retro cw's or similar colorblocking will almost always sell out.

If people only liked yeezys because they enjoyed having sneakers that hardly anyone else was wearing, then yes, maybe it's time to unsub from the thread. These the same cats that loved SJ 11's and Concords, but hate em now that everyone was able to scoop on the holiday releases back in '16 and '18. Speaking of retro Jordan's, people love the nostalgia effect of being able to buy a pair of shoes that they coveted when they were children. It will definitely be interesting to see if adidas uses the same model to maybe retro v1's or 750s in a few years (although I have to say v1's have aged terribly).

I wonder if people like this really like the shoes...or the feeling of being able to "flex" on another person? Yea it's cool to have exclusive stuff but if the prospect of another man being able to own it makes you not like it AT ALL. That's weird to me, but to each his own.

If Nike retroed air yeezys they’d still be almost impossible to obtain at retail for most people

Not if they made a large enough supply run. If these companies would quit trying to drive business by making **** limited and fueling the secondary market it would be so much better for consumers.

Nike doesn't make a penny off resale. Make 1 mil of something instead of 250k. Simple business.

I'm not annoyed at the "Yeezy is dead" people, or the ones who only appreciate the brand as a status symbol - because Adidas and Kanye built the line on hype and exclusivity. However, the brand is evolving and those folks will have to find something new to satisfy that itch of having something "special". In that sense it is dead, it's a brand that makes cool stuff, not a brand that makes stuff you can't buy.

And fwiw 350s are nowhere near as bad as foams got.
I do agree with this. Folks that want shoes due to exclusivity have moved on over to ow and ts stuff. Nike/JB has shown in the past that they want to maintain the same business model of having limited numbers to drive demand. JB tried to increase production numbers back in 2017 (I think?). I remember there being a high number or space jam 11 and royal J1 produced compared to in the past. Royal J1s sold out, but I know a lot of people were turned off by the high production numbers. Main thing that kept the hype/demand up was a retro of an og cw.

Although 350s have saturated the market a bit, I do feel like people can feel "special" if they continue to wear cw's from 2016-2017 when production numbers were on the lower side (beluga 1.0-blue tint cw's). Not as many people with those cw's per say even though it's the same model. I mean a ton of people wear white/black AF1's, but sneakerheads be flexing the mca/ts/or even the WT LA/NY AF1.

I wonder if people like this really like the shoes...or the feeling of being able to "flex" on another person? Yea it's cool to have exclusive stuff but if the prospect of another man being able to own it makes you not like it AT ALL. That's weird to me, but to each his own.
Totally agree with this right here. I think a lot of people try to stand out and "flex" on others by having exclusive things or things with high resell. Nothing like having people staring at your feet at the mall or whatever, but to actually complain that something is dead because more and more people are able to obtain is just folding into the hype.

It's actually really funny because I've been to a live raffle at my local Bait and it's hilarious to see people all wearing the same shoes. Never seen so many unions, ts, ow in the same place at the same time. It's at these kinda times that people can wear a pair of (insert GR shoe here) and be the "unique" one there. My wife joked that she would wear sketchers to the event if I made her go to it.

These are so dumb I love them
9BF7BEF3-DAB0-48AC-838E-64EA512FE6A7.jpeg

These lowkey fire, just wish the accents had a little more color.

Would cop if retail was $200.

Yeah I mess with these 700s tough - I like the simplicity and with just enough pop. But knowing how 700s sell right now, I'm kinda hesitant to buy on day 1 for $300 just because of the fact that other 700 v1s besides the Wave Runners can be bought at under retail.

Could you imagine how crazy it would be if this was 15 years ago with College Dropout and all dropping? That was his peak time.

His peak with regards to what? Popularity? Music? Fashion?
If these shoes released fifteen years ago it would've flopped. Fifteen years ago people weren't rocking runners like that.

His peak with regards to what? Popularity? Music? Fashion?
If these shoes released fifteen years ago it would've flopped. Fifteen years ago people weren't rocking runners like that.
The popularity he had because of his music then coupled with today's sneaker trends.

BTW, do all the Yeezys after the Wave Runners have the bands holding the tongue down? Did the new Wave Runners have those bands? I haven't bought a 700 since the Mauves which I should've half sized up on from my Wave Runner size since I didn't know it would have those bands.

BTW, do all the Yeezys after the Wave Runners have the bands holding the tongue down? Did the new Wave Runners have those bands? I haven't bought a 700 since the Mauves which I should've half sized up on from my Wave Runner size since I didn't know it would have those bands.

No waves have them.

Back
Top Bottom