African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

No. You started this thread and have stated some fairly bold opinions that I keep asking you to elaborate on, but u keep ducking my questions like a ho. Now I've fairly patient w/ you b/c I do find people w/ yours and @ninjahood's viewpoints on ethnicity/ethnic pride interesting despite not really agreeing w/ them b/c they aren't viewpoints I commonly come across.

I am here to understand. To learn. You seem to be here to pass judgement and not learn about "yOuR pEOPle" despite that being the primary purpose of a discussion. And honestly... you're starting to push my buttons. Don't touch my freaking buttons duke.

No haven't put any words in your mouth at all. You approach topics on race like a black nationalist. I looked it up:

Isn't me asking questions one of the key components in forming ones own thoughts?

And a proper title of this thread would be "People of the African Diaspora" you goof.

Yes layziegunts layziegunts strictly wants people from the african diaspora together and Richard wants white people strictly together. I don't understand why he's upset about why I'd ask if he would work with him to the to make their separate, but pretty much the same ideologies come true.

What was getting me mad is that the only youre coming in here for is me. A couple of other people post things that im learning from, while you are here just focusing on me. Thats all

You tried to bait me in the Garvey KKK question before, I knew where you were going. I WANT BLACK PEOPLE TO BE INDEPENDENT OF RULE AND OPPRESSION FROM OTHERS. Simple

Garvey met wth the KKK once and now youre here intertwining everything Garvey did with the KKK and thats irresponsible. Obama went to the church of some Muslim extrene dude. When Obama dies all youre gonna say is "Obama didnt achieve anything in his life except went to a church of a Muslin extremist"?

You know what youre trying to achieve and its annoying,

marikomorose marikomorose you literally tried to put a lot of words in my mouth.

Are you in here just to counter me? I have an opinion. You have to counter it. Dude formulate your own thoughts and leave me the hell alone. Jesus Christ.

You know what I got a little time

When homeboy posted that Garvey got in contact with the KKK at one point, I didnt know about that and that was news to me. Do I agree with it? no, but I do understand why to a certain extent why he may have met with them.

Would I do it? Hell no, KKK wants to kill and annihilate non white people. I just want black people to be economically independent. I dont want anyone to be hurt. White people have all the power, I just want black people to actually get power to make our own choices without white people oppressing us.

For you to make that analogy that very irresponsible. White power and black power are completely 2 different things because one is about oppressing and the other is not be oppressed.

You and your white, Chinese, arab, and non black friends in the wrestling thread think im racist? ok lol. Cool story bro. When a non black person calls me racist I simple just laugh and its sad you need their validation on that "brother" (not even sure if youre black)

As for ethnic mixing. I DON'T CARE WHO PEOPLE MIX WITH. Im not against a white man marrying a chinese woman. I dont care if a black woman marries a white man. What I dont respect is a black man saying they are about their people but yet marries a non-black woman, given the plight they the black community face especially black woman. You cant be PRO-BLACK and not marry a black woman PERIOD. I have a cousin that is married to a white woman, cool. Im cool with both of them, but he doesnt claim to be Pro-black.

You get it now?

So please, stop harassing me on Niketalk, Jesus Christ.

What I've realize is that most black men are like you. You just go along with the flow of everything and have zero to very little pride in actually being black and standing up for your people. I suggest black men marry black women and you run to the wrestling thread to get dangerousg to call me a racist. Have an ounce of dignity in your race, and because I say things out of the box and it wont vibe with your non black friends. I'm a racist?

Going forward just post your opinions on topics and leave me the hell alone.

You can have discussions in here, but just not let it focus on me.
I have never tagged any of those individuals in regards to Black issues b/c idk what most of the ethnicities are so idky you've comes to terms that I need their validation I don't. I tend to have and stand on my opposing opinions in that thread as well. I still haven't called you a "racist." I have called Ninja one though.

And Garvey & KKK joined to separate, not annihilate. A viewpoint that has been constantlu expressed by yourself and Richard Spencer.

And why don't you have a problem w/ a black woman marrying a non-black, but have a problem black man marrying a non-black?

Also when you said, "Black people should never look towards other groups as people as allies." You followed that sentence up w/ naming "Hispanics" first amongst groups black shouldn't ally themselves with. This is weird to me b/c the majority of Hispanics I've personally come in contact w/ are negro & moreno. Are you disregarding their experience despite them being of the African Diaspora? Is Celia Cruz not one of "us" because instead of being forced to learn english she was forced to learn spanish?

Last edited:
Also when you said, "Black people should never look towards other groups as people as allies." You followed that sentence up w/ naming "Hispanics" first amongst groups black shouldn't ally themselves with. This is weird to me b/c the majority of Hispanics I've personally come in contact w/ are negro & moreno. Are you disregarding their experience despite them being of the African Diaspora? Is Celia Cruz not one of "us" because instead of being forced to learn english she was forced to learn spanish?
Very good point. From a cultural point of view, West African influences are much more obvious in Hispanic cultures than in Black American culture. That's all I'll say regarding about this argument.

Very good point. From a cultural point of view, West African influences are much more obvious in Hispanic cultures than in Black American culture. That's all I'll say regarding about this argument.
Yes, you both are correct. Yet many in those in Hispanic cultures do not admit to that West African connection. The difference in the Black American experience is that we had to create, and then reinvent, much of what was lost. The Black Church in america is a great example of this, the First African Baptist Church comes to mind. This church was a part of the Underground railroad, and has a floor that resembles a Kongo cosmogram.

tell marinka that HISPANIC does NOT mean BLACK.

MOST HISPANICS DO NOT HAVE ANY AFRICAN IN THEM.

MOST HISPANICS ARE A MIX OF EUROPEAN AND INDIGENOUS BLOOD.

realize I said “most” and not “ALL”

Yes, you both are correct. Yet many in those in Hispanic cultures do not admit to that West African connection. The difference in the Black American experience is that we had to create, and then reinvent, much of what was lost. The Black Church in america is a great example of this, the First African Baptist Church comes to mind. This church was a part of the Underground railroad, and has a floor that resembles a Kongo cosmogram.
Compared to other places West African's were kidnapped and dispersed to would you say that Black American's have gotten further socially b/c of American privilege?
Yes Black ppl here still experience wild discriminatory stuff and are treated very unequal systemically and socially, but I'd say we've better off than Afro's in Latin American.

Also, it is strange to me how many of hispanics from particular countries will completely deny their West African roots in favor of their Spanish Roots despite growing up w/ more culturally Sub-African than us in the States. I've never personally experienced an Afro-Hispanic/Latino deny their roots in person, but boy is it rampant on the internet. It was even kind of culture shock.

marikomorose marikomorose i sympathize with black women when they have to marry a white man because it’s math.

in NYC alone there are 100k more black women than black men. A lot of black women all over the country move to larger metropolitan areas because they are more educated than black men. Plus there is thing thing called mass incarceration. There is literally a shortage of great black men (even a shortage of black men) for black women. Plus black women marry black men at a higher rate (92%) than black men marrying black women (85%) . Now with all that when I see a black man NOT want to marry a black woman I lose a bit of respect to them. Simple man

That doesn’t include those black
Men and black women who prefer to NOT be with a black person. I just hate those people all together. You know those type

That doesn’t include those black
Men and black women who prefer to NOT be with a black person. I just hate those people all together. You know those type
What about mixed folks? They should subscribe to this? Or should they just marry other mixed individuals?

Compared to other places West African's were kidnapped and dispersed to would you say that Black American's have gotten further socially b/c of American privilege?
Yes Black ppl here still experience wild discriminatory stuff and are treated very unequal systemically and socially, but I'd say we've better off than Afro's in Latin American.

Also, it is strange to me how many of hispanics from particular countries will completely deny their West African roots in favor of their Spanish Roots despite growing up w/ more culturally Sub-African than us in the States. I've never personally experienced an Afro-Hispanic/Latino deny their roots in person, but boy is it rampant on the internet. It was even kind of culture shock.
I hope that I read your question correctly, but I think that Black Americans had a different path for several reasons, and much of it has to do with law. I have stated this before on another thread, that actual racism started right here in this country, america. Once there were laws in place in order to keep white privilege the law of the land, Black Americans were forced to capitulate during slavery, not having anywhere to go, nor being able to buy their own freedom. The Dred Scott case solidified these circumstances. What was even more insidious is that during a stretch of time, it was even illegal for Black people in the southern parts of america, to be able to read. If you could read you had to hide that you could, because if found out? You'd be killed. Not being allowed to be literate stopped Black people from being able to use the law against our oppressor, then created an even greater setback for Black people, especially those in enslaved the south.

So being Black, is all we had. Through that experience there was no denying who we were, nor what we've endured. What we've created is due to that experience and while it may echo what was done in Africa? It is distinctively Black american due to the struggles faced while creating such a culture.

Because of the colorism involved in Hispanic culture? They have an out in regard to being Black when it is convenient. They'll cite native roots as the reason for their melanin, that is, until a cop places a gun in their noses while calling them the N word.

This is 1. :emoji_sweat_smile:

are you bi-racial like 50% black and 50% something else?

if You’re not, then whatever the majority of your mix is that’s what’s you are.

min 81% African and 19% European, but I’m not walking around saying I’m “mixed”

I’m African

so what are you?

are you bi-racial like 50% black and 50% something else?

if You’re not, then whatever the majority of your mix is that’s what’s you are.

min 81% African and 19% European, but I’m not walking around saying I’m “mixed”

I’m African

so what are you?
You like Evader Holyfield out here, answer my question then I'll answer yours......

So you won’t defined how mixed race are you? But I told you how I’m mixed but I define myself.

now you got emojis?
Ok “mixedraceintellect”

just change your username going forward, because you clearly ain’t black.

be direct next time dude.

So you won’t defined how mixed race are you? But I told you how I’m mixed but I define myself.

now you got emojis?
Ok “mixedraceintellect”

just change your username going forward, because you clearly ain’t black.

be direct next time dude.
:emoji_sweat_smile: Ohnoz Layzieblunts thinks I am not black :emoji_weary::emoji_sweat:

Nigerian checking in but I was born in the states.

I dont really mess with my parents culture anymore because religion controls it.

Back
Top Bottom