AGAIN?? Nike Trainer SC High Retro - Spring 2013

hopefully mine are coming in the nxt hour of less!! IM STOKED!!!

everyone rdy for a comparison video????

its gonna be between the 1998, 2009 and 2013's.

For those who have the 2013 version, how is the quality control? I'm afraid to order online without seeing them in person, bc I remember how bad the QC was in '09. Pairs came with creases, stains, smudges, rips, etc.

I think every single pair had some sort of imperfection. Mine had scratches/gashes and paint splatter in misc. places. That may be the only difference I see between the two. That could be enough for most to want to pick up a pair.. I still can't defend the pleather quality. Precreased or not, they just had that wal mart feel for 400% markup.

dmxgod, I will not be picking up a pair. I still have a 2009 that has only been worn 10 times and looks absolutely trashed. The midsole just sucks in any dirt and keeps it there. The rippling/waviness of the pleather toebox is the ultimate turnoff. If, for some reason the 2013s don't do this, I may consider. But for now, I pretty much have a shoe no one wants above $20 resell, and I sorta don't want to sell. I'm stuck with them, and wouldn't want to be stuck with another.

I will say, comfort was never an issue with the 2009 retros. The sockliner and ankle padding was quite plush. The midsole air, I never really felt, but the shoes never felt like bricks.

The other bitter moment in my life just happened last month when I saw my 1999 pimentos (my last late 90 era sc high) show signs of midsole foam crumbling. I pretty much have nothing left to wear but the trashy 09 auburns.

ekhunter,
You know I'm ready. I'll jump out of the wood work, at will when it comes to comparison vids.

not to bust anyones bubble, but as far as i can see my 2009's have a better leather quality then these 13's, if thats even possable. i'm sorta let down here.

what we really need. especially in the White/White-New Green-Black (teals)

Like who wouldnt KILL for a pair of trainer sc's in LASER BLUE, they are womens but with a lil tweak they could b relesed as a mens.

gotta love the og's.

Caved and got a pair today, the toe creases, but at least it's in the spot where it should crease and not that nasty thing across the toe box. I can live with these.

mine got some wrinkles in like 3 different places, STOCk!!

stock creases? not cool!!, lol they are in weird places too!

New Super Bowl trophy color way on sneakernews.

What's up with these super low key Super Bowl releases? They did that QS of the 1972, which I've only seen available from euro shops and now these.

Saw these in person today. They don't look bad at all but the tongue is really flimsy, like paper thin. I'm good on these. My 09s are still in good shape and I have a second pair DS. The 2013 leather looks a little better but not a huge difference otherwise.

Saw these in person today. They don't look bad at all but the tongue is really flimsy, like paper thin. I'm good on these. My 09s are still in good shape and I have a second pair DS. The 2013 leather looks a little better but not a huge difference otherwise.
Yeah, from that last pic the tongue does look a bit thinner/softer than the '09's. 

But interesting how, from the pics, the rest of the shoe looks pretty much the same. 

Back
Top Bottom