Air Jordan 1 HI OG “ROYAL TOE” - Spring 2020

Damn can’t believe you guys stayed up all night trying to cop on SP
Congrats hank on grabbing a pair and getting engaged
At least something good came outta this mess lol

I have a lot of empathy for all of you that only have online as a means to acquire shoes. I'm fortunate i live in an area that gets nearly every major/desired release at house of hoops. I have never struck out on an in-store raffle since they started doing them in the app.

Yesterday was a mess, i carted twice and lost it both times before finally getting it on my third try.

Yeah SP is one of the retailers that always has a restock
Plus I’m sure footsites and other sites will have some also

Is "Fulfillment Processing" normal on FTA? I'm used to the Footsites saying "1 unit(s) ready to ship", which is what my FTL one says.

Never seen that order status before on the site. First time ordering from them online since they had the whole revamp. Even the email confirmation looks different to me now.

I have a lot of empathy for all of you that only have online as a means to acquire shoes. I'm fortunate i live in an area that gets nearly every major/desired release at house of hoops. I have never struck out on an in-store raffle since they started doing them in the app.

Yesterday was a mess, i carted twice and lost it both times before finally getting it on my third try.
And what area is this?

I grew up in the SF Bay Area and live in San Jose - I drive by their OG store every day when I would head into the office. They are not going anywhere, because they SELL inventory--specifically NIKE inventory. We may complain how they sell, but they do sell. They are still very much grassroots, but unless you live in the SF Bay Area you have no idea how big/popular they are here.

They don't cater to just sneakerheads, they sell tons of work boots, and i've never seen a bigger collection of kids shoes. Let's just say they know how to market to a certain clientele here in the Bay Area. They blow alway the physical footsites stores in that aspect. They make a lot of their $$ by stocking/selling clearance shoes too. Matter of fact, i've seen shoes go on clearance at SP way before it hits the Nike website, and months before you'll see them at the outlets. These are prices not even on their website.

I know backdoor is a huge problem there, I know a certain SP store that wouldn't even put out new releases, but I remember going there hours after a sold out release and if the manager liked the shoes you wore going into the store, he'll pull out a new release pair to sell you.

Like most of you, I spent hours yesterday trying to cart, and I hate their system, but then I think that they are the only ones that trickle out a release for a whole day giving folks a shot.

Is "Fulfillment Processing" normal on FTA? I'm used to the Footsites saying "1 unit(s) ready to ship", which is what my FTL one says.

Never seen that order status before on the site. First time ordering from them online since they had the whole revamp. Even the email confirmation looks different to me now.

My FTA order says the same for the Royal Toes. I’m just playing the watch and see game

I grew up in the SF Bay Area and live in San Jose - I drive by their OG store every day when I would head into the office. They are not going anywhere, because they SELL inventory--specifically NIKE inventory. We may complain how they sell, but they do sell. They are still very much grassroots, but unless you live in the SF Bay Area you have no idea how big/popular they are here.

They don't cater to just sneakerheads, they sell tons of work boots, and i've never seen a bigger collection of kids shoes. Let's just say they know how to market to a certain clientele here in the Bay Area. They blow alway the physical footsites stores in that aspect. They make a lot of their $$ by stocking/selling clearance shoes too. Matter of fact, i've seen shoes go on clearance at SP way before it hits the Nike website, and months before you'll see them at the outlets. These are prices not even on their website.

I know backdoor is a huge problem there, I know a certain SP store that wouldn't even put out new releases, but I remember going there hours after a sold out release and if the manager liked the shoes you wore going into the store, he'll pull out a new release pair to sell you.

Like most of you, I spent hours yesterday trying to cart, and I hate their system, but then I think that they are the only ones that trickle out a release for a whole day giving folks a shot.
To me SP brings out the nostalgia of copping new kicks at the discounted prices.... bought almost everything there tbhbecause it was discounted and my parents didn’t have a lot of money.

I remember when I got my first shoe with an air max bubble in it.... the Nike Air Griffey Max 1 White Freshwater.... yep from Shoe Palace and across the street was the strip club lol!

I wore them joints until the air bubble unit was bare!

I have an order thru SP that was charged but no confirmation email and I didn't get the confirmation page giving me an order #. I also got thru for another pair and did get to the confirmation page but no email as of yet . In the past I seen some actually get tracking days later or not get a tracking number but shoes got delivered....any help ?

Not sure how much you make at your day job but at what point do you out-work the going resale price for your size trying to do this?

No way kdak was shrouded in waay more mystery :lol:

It’s funny, I’m one of the FEW to receive a legit pair (or any pair at all, for that matter) from Kdak [my RSBBs were the pair I received]. Years later, after thinking about this awhile, I think the scam was to seed out longtime NT members like myself for near retail and promote the website on here so they could gather business before then fleecing the masses.

Not sure how much you make at your day job but at what point do you out-work the going resale price for your size trying to do this?

I get where you're coming from , but to me -- it's not about the time vs. $$.

To ME, it's always been about the release day cop for retail. The thrill of that. Paying resale gives me little thrill other than knowing i'll be getting a pair I really like. It wasn't like I was glued in front of my computer for hours at a time. I would randomly check and re-set the 2:00 timer as I go about my day. Or I would be watching TV in the evening and keep checking. I don't put a price on that because I see it as doing my hobby. My wife understands that (thank God)

Like most here, shoes are one of my hobbies. We spend time on our hobbies--time spent on this message board is one way of looking at it. We're always doing research, looking at photos, earmarking pairs we want in future releases. I don't put a price on that.

Back
Top Bottom