Its a retro 1 so it warrants an in depth discussion

My point being its a decent shoe
Tacky but decent
So the beast shouldn't even have this release on their radar
They just got SpongeBobs so they should be good for a minute
If you have a following on social media do me a huge favor
Dont over hype this shoe
Let it drop and let us eat
Us being the people that buy shoes for more than just taking pictures to post on Instagram, and then selling them online for retail plus shipping

The thing about UNC and Carolina blue is, the hue changed atleast 3 times. Makes it hard to match shoes with shirts and hats. Nike worked with UNC to change the hue back in 2015.

This is true Carolina blue...

Screenshot_20190816-035816_Firefox.jpg

I think the discrepancy is dude is a cowboys fan :lol: he’s not thinking clearly, clouded by all the navy blue +silver he sees.... literally everyone disagrees with him. It’s all good, can’t wait for these ugly clashing shoes

14A472E4-6DDA-4C30-A9DA-C911F65A8178.jpeg
Football team has gone full on Navy before.

Its certainly not a regular color but to say it’s tertiary would be fair.

Basketball had it on the inner collar for a few years.

Away uniforms had it on the shoulder for several years. Just one example of that in photo above.

It is somewhat ugly with the light blue and dark blue mix
I personally like the shoe but I don't think the masses will come out for this shoe
Its not a "collectors" shoe
Nobody's going to look at the pic of your collection and say, "I see you got the UNCs with the dark blue on'em"

Its hard to find anything associated with UNC that has navy and Carolina blue together
The university is best known for the basketball team and that uniform has always been 99% Carolina blue

Some people don't know when to bow out of an argument :lol:

The entire discussion is about the shoe
Its a retro 1 so it warrants an in depth discussion

My point being its a decent shoe
Tacky but decent
So the beast shouldn't even have this release on their radar
They just got SpongeBobs so they should be good for a minute
If you have a following on social media do me a huge favor
Dont over hype this shoe
Let it drop and let us eat
Us being the people that buy shoes for more than just taking pictures to post on Instagram, and then selling them online for retail plus shipping
If you think one hyped release and a “bad colorway” is keeping the “hypebeast” away you’re sadly mistaken. It’s a Jordan 1 in a good colorway unlike the recent Phantoms, Defiants, etc. These are on many people’s radars and while I hope it will be easy, I know that isn’t likely. Don’t waste time convincing yourself that these are a “lowkey” drop cause they aren’t lol.

My guy is really trying to debate whether or not UNCs colors include navy blue? :lol:

Thought it was widely known that they do.

My guy is really trying to debate whether or not UNCs colors include navy blue? :lol:

Thought it was widely known that they do.
Actually it was about it being a prominent color
Navy blue didn't become prominent until Nike came along
Converse used predominantly Carolina blue (sky blue) and white

I think the discrepancy is dude is a cowboys fan :lol: he’s not thinking clearly, clouded by all the navy blue +silver he sees.... literally everyone disagrees with him. It’s all good, can’t wait for these ugly clashing shoes

Lol This Cowboys/Tarheels fan resents that.

Yea, because the OG Unc 1 hue is darker than actual UNC blue, lol.

Doesnt match at all.

Keeping it 100, there's only like 2 pairs of Jordans that truly match the original Carolina blue...

My original point was nobody, meaning the masses of people who are aware of the University of North Carolinas existence, associate navy blue with the team colors
When I was coming up we called it sky blue before we even started calling it Carolina blue

I live in Texas not North Carolina so I'm giving you the perspective of the people in my area

I’m in Houston lol. There’s plenty of ppl on this board that aren’t from or love in North Carolina that shot that point down already.

Most people on this board were born in the late 80s early 90s
The UNC color scheme used on athletic apparel has changed quite a bit from the days of Sam Perkins and Michael Jordan

Average person on this board wasn't around then

Back
Top Bottom