Air JORDAN 1 Price Explosion(Stock X)

In a nutshell, I’m not new to the sneaker game. But I’ve taken quite a bit of time off from selling.

I know the AJ1 is a valuable shoe in general, but recently I’ve been looking to part with some of my collection.(this is NOT a selling thread, rather, an attempt to gather reliable info)

Lately (on stock x)I’ve noticed a price explosion on certain recent retros that have maintained a subpar valueon the market prior. And I was wondering .......WHY?

For example; the 2015 OG-HI Retro of the UNC 1 Sat at a steady 250-260 for some time.
I’m seeing data on stock X seeing this shoe fly in my size(9.5) for over 600-700 dollars in some cases?

What’s the reason if this data is to be percieved as a standard/valid at all? Just curious.

Surely prices are bound to shoot up. But; this much? Perhaps I’m missing something? Did the supply dry up and people who otherwise opted against copping SUDDENLY want it in high demand?

Any input would be lovely; please and thank you

Hype and scarcity. Almost every Jordan 1 sees some sort of increased value down the line just based on the silhouette being insanely popular. The 1 also isn't as widely produced as most other GR model Jordans. Nike is aware of the 1 hype and they've been capitalizing off it for the better part of the last decade.

The 1 continues to produce new classics as well. Royal toes are bound to hit that 4-5 hundred mark with time same with the purple Chicagos. Resellers are also aware of this and they sometimes hoard pairs just waiting for the inevitable increase in value.

So realistically speaking, that’s all understandable, & thank you for the feedback.
It just caught me off guard.

like shadows and UNC 1’s. I loved them because I loved them even when nobody wanted them besides; WHO wanted them.

It just blew me away that they suddenly became valuable.
Even though I don’t see mysef parting with them anytime soon, I suppose the attraction caught my attention, as to me, despite being some of my favorites, they’re still just sneakers.
So I’d be willing to sell them. In the future, and I’d post a listing in the proper area on this site.

I just wasn’t sure if what I was seeing was real. Even though it surely must be. Like to rock “throwaways” but keep em clean out of self-love and self-hype then watch them turn into “must haves” when this entire time their lower percieved “value” dictated their stature just really caught me by surprise.

I think I need to re-evaluate my daily rotation, lmao

Keep in mind the stock. When time has gone by there are little pairs left for sale and it becomes a sellers market and prices shoot up. Supply gets low, demand goes up, prices go up. I always check to see how many pairs are for sale in my size, if the list is short then prices are gonna be at peak.

People are sheep and it’s trendy to like the 1 right now. I’ve never been a fan of the 1 and never will be. Too simple of a design for me and too early 80s/classic Nike looking for me. It’s way better than the 2 to me still but still vastly inferior to almost all Tinker designs up to and including the 14 IMO. Unpopular opinion and I’m glad to not fit in with this opinion. Y’all enjoy your old early 80s run of the mill looking not unique in any way looking 1s. Retro/Vintage is in and man it sure is that. Antique even lmao. Sorry just tired of every post on r/sneakers being a stupid 1. Or some limited/collab trash colorway that gets more love just BECAUSE it’s limited and not because they actually love the shoe. Ooooh look “it’s so avant-garde”. Simpleton trendy hypebeast sheep. Next time I’ll tell y’all how I really feel lol

It's not that deep man they're just shoes. Have a drink, or smoke something and relax.

People are sheep and it’s trendy to like the 1 right now. I’ve never been a fan of the 1 and never will be. Too simple of a design for me and too early 80s/classic Nike looking for me. It’s way better than the 2 to me still but still vastly inferior to almost all Tinker designs up to and including the 14 IMO. Unpopular opinion and I’m glad to not fit in with this opinion. Y’all enjoy your old early 80s run of the mill looking not unique in any way looking 1s. Retro/Vintage is in and man it sure is that. Antique even lmao. Sorry just tired of every post on r/sneakers being a stupid 1. Or some limited/collab trash colorway that gets more love just BECAUSE it’s limited and not because they actually love the shoe. Ooooh look “it’s so avant-garde”. Simpleton trendy hypebeast sheep. Next time I’ll tell y’all how I really feel lol

Jordan 1 are the only jays to hold value it’s been like that for the past couple of years

other Jordans are worth money but none have the long tearm value of 1s

too bad I sold my banned outlet 1s last year so cheap

Last edited:
Oh U mad mad. Relax bro it’s just a trend. 5 years ago it was a enthusiast shoe. Just now it’s the most popular Jordan silhouette.

Jordan 1 are the only jays to hold value it’s been like that for the past couple of years

other Jordans are worth money but none have the long tearm value of 1s

too bad I sold my banned outlet 1s last year so cheap
Helps that 1’s midsole‘s hold up the way they do. If any of the 99-01 OG colorways were still wearable there’s no telling what they’d be worth now.

Not many OG AJ1s sat hard. Lets be real. Especially OG color ways. They already released not in the largest quantities. Recent collabs like Off-Whites and Travis bring in another demographic of collectors. It will run its course like SBs in the late 00s and YZYs not too long ago. Shoes always have their peaks and valleys.

lol I read this and you sound like a disgruntled Tinker Hatfield that was mad people are messing with Peter Moore and not your designs. :lol:

Blame Virgil. The off white Jordan one started this hype wave of the model itself

This couldn't be further from the truth if anything Virgil ride the wave his friend started years earlier. A lot of people got into 1s after Kanye spent a summer or two in breds and royals during the earlier part of this decade. I been into 1s pretty heavy since like 08 and I've seen some crazy high and low points. Royals in 2013 were insanely hard to get and that was way before Off whites.

This couldn't be further from the truth if anything Virgil ride the wave his friend started years earlier. A lot of people got into 1s after Kanye spent a summer or two in breds and royals during the earlier part of this decade. I been into 1s pretty heavy since like 08 and I've seen some crazy high and low points. Royals in 2013 were insanely hard to get and that was way before Off whites.

This... I remember when Royals were peaking at $1k range. Now they are barely hitting the $500 mark. But you got shoes like Storm Blue 1s that was hitting outlets surpassing Royals in value. But 1s hype has been around for almost a decade.

Thank you to everyone who fed me their knowledge in this thread.

Moving forward; not from a collectors view, but as kick enthusiasts, how would you all appraise the collection?

I have always worn my kicks, I don’t covet them, BUT, I’m no fool, so outside of creases I keep my joints fresh. No glamour shots, cause this is NOT a selling thread, I know there is a space for that, but here’s the grouping. Are these SELLABLE?

I’ve never sold my kicks after UDS’ing them. So this is why I’m asking; & respectfully, again, I MAY in the future. I just don’t want this to turn into any kind of bidding war.
They are creased tho, Naturally of course.

Attachments

• ACE1493A-5E0D-499C-A23E-E3B20E671D87.jpeg
    ACE1493A-5E0D-499C-A23E-E3B20E671D87.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 5521DDBB-576B-4D9E-AF15-EF80BFBDDDB4.jpeg
    5521DDBB-576B-4D9E-AF15-EF80BFBDDDB4.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 223BC298-D57E-4656-94E2-68192EDC7BFB.jpeg
    223BC298-D57E-4656-94E2-68192EDC7BFB.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 27
  • CDFF25BA-5F07-41C7-A0AC-344CF7AB766B.jpeg
    CDFF25BA-5F07-41C7-A0AC-344CF7AB766B.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 7D6AAF7D-5B06-4938-8AC5-F275E58F0AB7.jpeg
    7D6AAF7D-5B06-4938-8AC5-F275E58F0AB7.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 301
This thread taking a weird turn OP but I'd say roughly 1K-1200 max depending on the buyer. Breds are by far the most sought after pair in that collection. Patent leathers are cool but the demand isn't crazy.

This thread taking a weird turn OP but I'd say roughly 1K-1200 max depending on the buyer. Breds are by far the most sought after pair in that collection. Patent leathers are cool but the demand isn't crazy.
Sorry about that.
Again, I’m not used to selling my kicks at all. Though obviously I’m now considering it; I just had questions and kinda felt stuck with WHERE to post this kind of thread, and since anything isn’t officially up for grabs yet, I figured Id do so here.
Didnt mean to come off as walking a thin line, THATS never my intention.

If any Mods feel this thread should be moved, feel free to do so to the appropriate section of the forum; regardless of my perspective I wanna abide by the guidelines; please and thank you.

I believe the increase is due to a few things...

1. Supply and Demand
2. The Last Dance
3. More disposable income (some may disagree but an extra 600 a week helps)
4. StockX (this should be #1)

I believe StockX has manipulated the market somewhat because these prices have skyrocketed over the last 3 months which is bananas. Higher the sale, the higher the fee stockx charges. GOAT and StockX have changed the secondary market game for better and for worse!

Back
Top Bottom