Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “Turbo Green”

Wanted to try on SNKRS but I had to stick to my guns. Pics in here look good though. I convinced myself to pass completely but I miiiight cop later on down the line.

How is the leather on these.. is it like the regular white tumbled leather.. I hear its flyleather.. I don't even know what that is/feels like.

I hear its flyleather.. I don't even know what that is/feels like.

Nike Flyleather is a new super material — made with at least 50 percent recycled natural leather fiber — that has the potential to be as game-changing as Nike Flyknit.

Nike Flyleather was born out of a challenge to evolve leather into the performance material it once was—before the invention of advanced performance materials like engineered mesh and Flyknit. The key was to do so while still preserving the things people love about leather: the look, feel and even the smell.

Another crucial factor was the desire to reduce the environmental footprint associated with leather manufacturing, which not only uses a lot of energy and chemicals, but also results in a great deal of leftover scrap material. The mission became not only to invent a better version of leather, but also to reinvent the material production process to be more sustainable.

Nike Flyleather is a new super material — made with at least 50 percent recycled natural leather fiber — that has the potential to be as game-changing as Nike Flyknit.

Nike Flyleather was born out of a challenge to evolve leather into the performance material it once was—before the invention of advanced performance materials like engineered mesh and Flyknit. The key was to do so while still preserving the things people love about leather: the look, feel and even the smell.

Another crucial factor was the desire to reduce the environmental footprint associated with leather manufacturing, which not only uses a lot of energy and chemicals, but also results in a great deal of leftover scrap material. The mission became not only to invent a better version of leather, but also to reinvent the material production process to be more sustainable.

This is such bull****... almost threw up reading this... “look, feel and even the smell!?!??” The **** is like plastic. Press on it and it doesn’t move lol.

These dropping anywhere else today? Was on the phone with my pops and missed the drop smh.

My one official encounter with flyleather was the acw Air Force 1 lows. They felt like stiff plastic. I’ve seen say these and the crimsons have flyleather too, I’ve had the crimsons and there was nothing ‘natural feeling’ about that leather either.

After an L with a 10 min head start and a L on SNRKS I got my size 10 at the local shop by my work. Loving these in person

Was able to use rewards at FTA and FTL :pimp:
Didn’t try on champs since I couldn’t sign in
So rewards should be good to go since it’s not labeled QS

Last edited:
Called around to all my local stores and nobody has a size 14. Looking like a release day L. #YachtClub

I just wish I could find out wtf Flyleather even feels like.. If it feels the same as regular leather (on some level I am comfortable with lol) then I'd probably cop these. It's not like most of these retros are A1 quality leather anyway. But if its some rip off type crap.. now I know.

Might stop by a Foot store and see if they have some flyleather shoes on the wall but for anyone who has them.. I'd love to hear your take if you feel like sharing.

Back
Top Bottom