Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

I just cant get enough of these, been wearing them non stop since copping.

20191123_092455.jpg

I wanted to shed some light on the new UABAT Unions. The pair has many flaws. I’ve been doing my research since I’ve been looking to buy a legit pair of Black Toe’s and have seen the following flaws:
-The piping on the swoosh and black leather is the wrong color. It should be a muted yellow but is instead orange.
-The back stitching is a few mm high.
-The alternate/secondary cream/black laces are wrong. Not enough cream.
-The red heel cup is shorter than a retail pair.

There are I think two retail/replica comparisons on r/repsneakers that really highlight the flaws. They’re good but definitely not 1:1.

The union 1s are like frag level,im so mad wasnt a wider us release.must have for 1s collection.1s vs yeezys

I usually Stick to OG color ways and not much on colabs but these are nice. Definetely better than those other ones that look like a blind 5 year old threw together.

Hype must be dyin on Frags, because to me, Frags are up there.

These unions are tough...But them Frags different :pimp:

To each its own though.
If youre in here saying frags arent top dog then youre new, plain and simple.
Heres to a frag retro on the new beginnings mold to kick off the new run after the pack drops.

Fragment Ships would be awesome. Hmmm
Howzbouta blue pack to go with the red one? Frag 1 + Frag Ship just do it

I was retired from the game when Frags came out, so I don't have the same emotional connection to them that some of you do.

So for me, it's: Unions Black Toes > Unions Storm Blues > TS1 Highs > Frags > SBBs

Frags are very clean, but also pretty plain/boring for a $1000+ collab.

This conversation pops up every once in awhile. As far as collabs go, Frags just doesn't scream "collab' to me. It honestly just looks like a regular colorway that Jordan Brand can drop. Whereas the collabs such as Union and TS have a distinct look to them where you can tell they aren't like any other Jordan 1.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the Frags though, because I do like the colorblocking and color. Are they worth $3k - $5k though? Hell no.

This conversation pops up every once in awhile. As far as collabs go, Frags just doesn't scream "collab' to me. It honestly just looks like a regular colorway that Jordan Brand can drop. Whereas the collabs such as Union and TS have a distinct look to them where you can tell they aren't like any other Jordan 1.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the Frags though, because I do like the colorblocking and color. Are they worth $3k - $5k though? Hell no.
Its not the frags fault theyre so expensive. Collectors put them out of reach.

The appeal/point of the collab was to fill in a long empty hole in the OG line up. There shouldve always been a Royal black toe. Hiroshi’s talent was to see the hole in the first place. Then he puts his slight twist to it with the indigo boost and more premium materials than normal. No 2014- jordan 1 has a sleeker toe box. The man has a keen eye for shape and detail. The simplicity and craftmanship plus the unnoticed void filled is what makes them dope. High end japanese goods are rarely in your face and the quality is subtle but absolutely apararent and usually have an astounding aspect to the handmade part of it. They take their crafts seriously. I see the Frags as an homage to that using the 1 as the medium. Its a great collaboration. And a hell of a first to lead the subsequent pack. Of which ive always felt were just trying to desperately meet the benchmark the Fragment achieved.

The fragment took the lesser desired colorway/colorblocking of the 1 (at the time) and pretty much made it the most coveted. How? By taking it all the way back to the sample and knowing the black tongue fit better to the overall look and yet again fixed what the original team left behind. This is what Hiroshi does. This is what you can expect from his Jordan collabs. See the 3. Something that shouldve always been there but wasnt, and shaped how theyre supposed to be within the restraints of nike’s current manufacturing capabilities. For instance, he can do his thing with the upper because thats not the expensive part to alter. Best believe the guy wouldve put the same or similar midsole/outsole you see on the sample new beginnings. If his work is anything to go by hes probably extremely happy to see the new mold coming and also why if theres a new frag 1 i believe itll just be an updated 2014 with nice materials as a retro. He did his job well enough the first time.

Back
Top Bottom