Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I disagree.

I think the red tint is just as important as the others you mentioned.

The pitch black uppers we’ve been getting have been boring. We need that red tint.
JB wouldn’t do it right

Would prob be too red/noticeable compared to the OG which most, including me didn’t even know about

JB wouldn’t do it right

Would prob be too red/noticeable compared to the OG which most, including me didn’t even know about
Yeah. Honestly, as much as I want true OG retros and ***** about incorrect details, I wouldn't have a lot of confidence on them executing this one well. They'd have to locate the exact material they used in '96, which from what we've heard over the years wasn't even intended by Tinker/Nike to have the red tint to it. My OGs have it and it is cool as hell, in my opinion, but I can live without it as long as the rest of the retro is done well.

JB wouldn’t do it right

That's what I said before too.. I'd honestly rather go without it. It would be a detail that would justify them giving you some trash burgundy Playoff XI's :lol: They're about to drop OG 1's as perfect as dudes begged them to for 5+ years. All that talk of people saying 'they can do it, they just dont want to'

That sealed the deal.. they def can but I dont trust them with that kind of responsibility :lol:

Come on y’all, we’ve been through this already. The “tint” was not really a feature, as evidenced by the OGs that were produced in a different factory that didn’t have it.

Of course you would. You are not big on 1s. Lol
If you think J is bad on 1s, I don't care about them whatsoever. Never have. Never owned one pair. I think the whole thing about them is hilarious. I just see an ancient '80s basketball shoe when I look at them. OK, that's a little too harsh. There have been pairs I like, but they're more just like an old Nike high top to me as opposed to what I consider an Air Jordan. The Chicagos are the only colorway that would tempt me if done right. Are you listening, Nike?

If these XI come how they should, w/ 23, it will bring back my excitement for the release.

If you think J is bad on 1s, I don't care about them whatsoever. Never have. Never owned one pair. I think the whole thing about them is hilarious. I just see an ancient '80s basketball shoe when I look at them. OK, that's a little too harsh. There have been pairs I like, but they're more just like an old Nike high top to me as opposed to what I consider an Air Jordan. The Chicagos are the only colorway that would tempt me if done right. Are you listening, Nike?
Its a Nike Dunk/Ship with a Jordan wings logo. Dont get me wrong. Total respect for the shoe but to me its not a true creation of the air jordan. I love the black red and Chicago for historic significance. Other than that. I want the original black red for sure. But they are nothing compared to the 3 and after.

Its a Nike Dunk/Ship with a Jordan wings logo. Dont get me wrong. Total respect for the shoe but to me its not a true creation of the air jordan. I love the black red and Chicago for historic significance. Other than that. I want the original black red for sure. But they are nothing compared to the 3 and after.
Exactly how I've always seen them. It was not really a shoe created for MJ, other than the colorways. I totally get the casual appeal, though. I just don't have a need for them in any way.

Exactly how I've always seen them. It was not really a shoe created for MJ, other than the colorways. I totally get the casual appeal, though. I just don't have a need for them in any way.
The 2 was really the first Jordan. It was designed for him only. Nobody else had that shoe. I like it also but it really didnt take off until the 3 came along. The 3 is the reason we are talking to each other today imo.

What about the 2s though..

The 3 saved Nikes ***. Thanks Tink.....:lol:

The XI was the revival.
He broke his foot in the 2. That was the end of that as far as Mike was concerned. Notice he reverted to the 1 when he came back and dropped 63 on Boston :lol:
EDIT: I mixed that up. See below.

Last edited:
Wasnt the biggest fan of the 1 also. After the 2 he almost left Nike. Then the 3 appeared and all of it changed. lol
cold lol.. let’s not forget though the comfort of the 2s was what MJ needed for his broken foot. They literally put the sole of a 2 onto the 1s so he could play on it for a while. If we got some proper white/red and white/black/red 2s i think more people would be wearing them.

He broke his foot in the 2. That was the end of that as far as Mike was concerned. Notice he reverted to the 1 when he came back and dropped 63 on Boston :lol:
Never knew that. Always wondered what he was wearing during that injury.

I assumed it was the 2 but, yeah the 63 game.

Last edited:

If I remember correctly the Jordan 1 came before the Dunk but the Air Ship was already around which is really similar anyway. But I understand what you're saying. No one would ever put a 1 above an XI for years until recently; its a whole diff ball game now besides die hard 1 fans.

If I remember correctly the Jordan 1 came before the Dunk but the Air Ship was already around which is really similar anyway. But I understand what you're saying. No one would ever put a 1 above an XI for years until recently; its a whole diff ball game now besides die hard 1 fans.
I believe the dunk came before the Jordan 1. All it was, was a dunk modified with the Jordan wings logo.

The ship came first.

Pretty sure he broke his foot in his rookie season in the 1s.. then wore 1.5s (1s with 2 sole). And then the 2s obviously.

Never knew that. Always wondered what he was wearing during that injury.

I assumed it was the 2 but, yeah the 63 game.
The foot injury happened in the 3rd came of his second season in the 1s. The AJ2 came out for his 3rd season. The shoe was always a year behind, i.e., first championship in his 7th season wearing the VI.

Back
Top Bottom