Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Ridiculous.. never saw these available in NYC like that in 01. Especially, NTNY.. copped my pair like a month earlier or something like that from a mom and pop spot. Then I just heard they finally came out.

Ridiculous.. never saw these available in NYC like that in 01. Especially, NTNY.. copped my pair like a month earlier or something like that from a mom and pop spot. Then I just heard they finally came out.
Wait, what? Are you serious? I bs you not, we had sporadic pairs on the shelf into January of 02 for that release. Because so many employees were stashing pairs all over the building, LP starting doing sweeps after we closed at night and found a LOT of pairs. Because of this, they started cracking down on the staff and doing regular sweeps for stashed shoes that various employees had all over the building. What made it sad was the shipping and receiving department got the majority of the blame for doing this, but it was actually the sales associates on the floor that were stashing pairs, basement cats got all of what we needed the first time around.

beh235 beh235 I believe you.. just crazy that this was never rumored or buzzed about.. also on brand with how NTNY is nasty work.. place was infested with friends and fam 'looking out' for each other for years.

beh235 beh235 I believe you.. just crazy that this was never rumored or buzzed about.. also on brand with how NTNY is nasty work.. place was infested with friends and fam 'looking out' for each other for years.
I guess it depended on who you knew at the time. I worked in the basement in the stockroom with footwear, so I knew what was coming in, and when, and when we would be putting it on the floor. During that time, it was relatively easy to stash something that I wanted because I was putting the stuff on the shelves and knew where to put things so it would be out of sight. For the most part, it was only for me. I wasn't putting like 10 pairs of kicks away f'ing up store inventory to where they started asking questions. As time went on, others were doing it and if we knew who was doing it (among us working in the basement), we'd go to the person and tell them to chill (as far as I knew). I wasn't trying to make it hot down there personally, but some dudes that came through there got really greedy (and eventually fired) and made it look bad for us as a whole, who weren't really trying to make waves. All this was before reselling really exploded like that. For the most part, we were looking out for ourselves and our folks, but within reason of the rules. Some just abused that privilege.

20240423_152636.jpg

For as much as I complain about the shade of red on the outsole, this was still the best retro to date. 11s seem to be improving still so maybe next release will that that bright red like the OG had.

Back
Top Bottom