Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

You know what, I'm just not going to post anything else on here. Imma just Shut Up.
Dude. The reason you get backlash on this is because there’s no sense to this “stop making MJ rich” thought that seems to haunt you. No one is making anyone buy sneakers. Or about a billion other consumer items people spend money on. All discretionary spending is a luxury.
Stop making Sony and Microsoft rich by playing video games. Stop making Starbucks rich by drinking overpriced coffee drinks. Stop making Netflix rich by watching its content. Stop making car companies rich by buying/leasing new cars.
Neither Jordan nor any of these companies is exploiting you. You need none of this stuff so just stop buying it. If you’re trying to make some bigger statement about American consumerism and culture of wanton material obsession and consumption, that’s an entirely different matter and a sneaker forum isn’t really an appropriate venue for it.

Dude. The reason you get backlash on this is because there’s no sense to this “stop making MJ rich” thought that seems to haunt you. No one is making anyone buy sneakers. Or about a billion other consumer items people spend money on. All discretionary spending is a luxury.
Stop making Sony and Microsoft rich by playing video games. Stop making Starbucks rich by drinking overpriced coffee drinks. Stop making Netflix rich by watching its content. Stop making car companies rich by buying/leasing new cars.
Neither Jordan nor any of these companies is exploiting you. You need none of this stuff so just stop buying it. If you’re trying to make some bigger statement about American consumerism and culture of wanton material obsession and consumption, that’s an entirely different matter and a sneaker forum isn’t really an appropriate venue for it.
Good point. And you're right man. I need to stop posting some stupid posts on here. Enough said.

Good point. And you're right man. I need to stop posting some stupid posts on here. Enough said.

Hey man, I didn’t think your posts or ideas were stupid. I think they’re great. Unfortunately, you expressed them in the wrong place and to the wrong subgroup of people. But don’t be discouraged by the “backlash”.

There are plenty of people who think like you. In fact, there’s actually a very well-respected school of thought (called Critical Theory) which (at least in part) is devoted to examining the production of mass culture and the negative impact of consumption/accumulation on the lives of working-class people in modern capitalist economies.

If you’re truly conflicted about purchasing this upcoming pair of fancy, but overpriced sneakers; or just growing weary of your pre-defined role of worker/consumer, check out the works of Max Horkheimer, Theodor Adorno, and Guy Debord. (The School of Life channel on YouTube does a great job of presenting their (often prohibitively complex) theories.)

Hey man, I didn’t think your posts or ideas were stupid. I think they’re great. Unfortunately, you expressed them in the wrong place and to the wrong subgroup of people. But don’t be discouraged by the “backlash”.

There are plenty of people who think like you. In fact, there’s actually a very well-respected school of thought (called Critical Theory) which (at least in part) is devoted to examining the production of mass culture and the negative impact of consumption/accumulation on the lives of working-class people in modern capitalist economies.

If you’re truly conflicted about purchasing this upcoming pair of fancy, but overpriced sneakers; or just growing weary of your pre-defined role of worker/consumer, check out the works of Max Horkheimer, Theodor Adorno, and Guy Debord. (The School of Life channel on YouTube does a great job of presenting their (often prohibitively complex) theories.)

Critical Theory def has some interesting points, but I still prefer Orthodox Marxism myself.

I know I know. How can I be a Marxist and like expensive Jordan sneakers which are the epitome of commodity fetishism, exploitation and capitalism. It kinda goes beyond the scope of discussion here, as this isn’t really the time or place, but it comes down me having more of a problem with the ‘mode of production’ than production in and of itself. If that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Critical Theory def has some interesting points, but I still prefer Orthodox Marxism myself.

I know I know. How can I be a Marxist and like expensive Jordan sneakers which are the epitome of commodity fetishism, exploitation and capitalism. It kinda goes beyond the scope of discussion here, as this isn’t really the time or place, but it comes down me having more of a problem with the ‘mode of production’ than production in and of itself. If that makes any sense.

How could one be a Marxist and still love Air Jordan sneakers? That’s a good question.

Perhaps some part of the answer lies in the fact that advertising companies like McDonald’s, Gatorade, and Nike began shaping our desires long before we were able to read sophisticated texts like Das Kapital or The Society of the Spectacle. In other words, The Culture Industry got to us first - and made one hell of a lasting impression.

What’s interesting to me, though, is that we all have our own idiosyncratic justification for feeling like the sneakers are a part of our unique identity (and buying the next pair); but the justifications - like the shoes - are all fundamentally the same. Could that phenomenon, in some way, be the result of incredibly effective culture production?

I recently came across an interesting video, which examined Macklemore’s “Wings” (a song about sneaker obsession) through the lens of post-Marxist theory. If you have the time (and want to see Black/Cement 4s deconstructed), it’s worth a watch.

Last edited:
I started making casual conversation with a coworker that wears Jordans everyday today. I asked him if he was getting these in December. He started going on about how he can get these three months early all he has to do is send the money to his people and they'll ship them. I just stopped talking after that.

I started making casual conversation with a coworker that wears Jordans everyday today. I asked him if he was getting these in December. He started going on about how he can get these three months early all he has to do is send the money to his people and they'll ship them. I just stopped talking after that.
Tell him to get on Niketalk. He will def get an education here. Lots of people just dont know. I didnt at one time.

:smh:

Right, lol. JB athletes aren't even rocking these early but, he can get em right now...

Tell him to get on Niketalk. He will def get an education here. Lots of people just dont know. I didnt at one time.
Man the world was different back in the early 2000s. eBay was the wild Wild West. I got got multiple times in middle school

is it December yet

I kid, as much as I want these, id like to enjoy fall and the holidays first

Agreed. So much other stuff to get excited about before these release. So I’ll embrace the wait lol. Black Friday holiday deals gonna be crazy this year as usual. Looking to clean up on some gear/other stuff and end the year proper with these 11s.

Agreed. So much other stuff to get excited about before these release. So I’ll embrace the wait lol. Black Friday holiday deals gonna be crazy this year as usual. Looking to clean up on some gear/other stuff and end the year proper with these 11s.

Facts.. I'm in super recovery mode. I was doing good on my mini pause then said F it and copped a bunch of stuff I missed out on and others I couldn't pass on for the price. But I'm hoping to fly through October with nothing but the 34 and then cop the few must haves. There's so much stuff set to release in the Fall, I can't even keep it all together :lol:

I miss those early 2000 days where I knew all 10 shoes releasing for the year (annoying in a way but easy to track and on the pockets for sure)

Man the world was different back in the early 2000s. eBay was the wild Wild West. I got got multiple times in middle school

I was too broke to get got on eBay back then :lol: Then when I finally got to college and found ways to make a buck I got so paranoid I would find every angle to avoid getting got and did pretty well. Game was different back then because for all the clowns scamming people. I used to send USPS money orders to total strangers and they never took advantage!

I still remember pics of people receiving their kicks with USPS priority tape on the box.. no double box, no bag, and a fat priority sticker on the shoe box.. :sick: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom