Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Michael-Jordan-Game-Worn-1996-NBA-Finals-Game-3-Air-Joran-XI-Sneakers.jpg
AJ-11-TW-700x350.jpg

Will everyone please look at the outsoles on these for a minute?

The red IN 1996 is gonna be darker than what the 23 year old shoe DS is gonna look now. Trust me. Its simply the oxidation of the outsole.

Last edited:
I still think the shade is a tad off, but yea the oxidized soles make it seem more dramatic than it is.
I think they’re a bit too dull. But I have my OGs in excellent condition and honesty still I can’t even say. It’s been 23 years and 8 months since I bought them on release day. If I say I can remember exactly what they looked like brand new in 1996, I’m lying. And so I have a hard time believing what anyone else says at this point, too. Memories aren’t reliable for stuff like this after so much time has passed. I’m just enjoying the damn shoes and not spending a minute analyzing it anymore. If anything, I’d way rather have the exact shape and geometry of the shoe overall be replicated like the OG than an exact shade of red in a sole. If I’m gonna be annoyed about anything, it’s that.

But its not a hustle. Its being an ******* then attempting to justify it by calling it a hustle.
Don’t get me wrong. It is ridiculous. But if you need quick cash, do what you gotta do. I’ve sold GR’s in the past just to make a quick buck, and I know some of y’all have too. It came in clutch at the time. I probably would do it again, but GR’s don’t move like they used to

I think they’re a bit too dull
No one has to take my word for it. I get that. But this release, and the outsole of red is as close as it gets to the 96 release. In 96. Everyone keeps referring to their own DS pairs. Or pics of DS pairs. Yeah they are gonna be a more bright red. But when these first came out, the red we all see on our originals was not the same as it now. It was slightly darker in 96. It didnt pop like everyone thinks it did.

You obviously wanted 1996 sole red. These dont have it. Still dope. And worth having.
That’s one thing I think that’s really missing on this retro that I don’t like.. the red sole is really kinda dull.. I mean the shade of red is okay but it just doesn’t POP like it should.. it needs like a gloss or sheen to it, they look like faded almost.

$30-$40.. just work an hour or two of OT...
Who cares what another grown man’s hustle is. If he wants to sell shoes let him. Ish mad corny, let the man try to eat.
Im just sayin they’re working too hard for such a small profit, IMO. Dudes in here stressin and some of these dudes crying prolly on the low resellers who need to sell 10 extra pairs to get theirs for free.

No one has to take my word for it. I get that. But this release, and the outsole of red is as close as it gets to the 96 release. In 96. Everyone keeps referring to their own DS pairs. Or pics of DS pairs. Yeah they are gonna be a more bright red. But when these first came out, the red we all see on our originals was not the same as it now. It was slightly darker in 96. It didnt pop like everyone thinks it did.
Right, exactly. All I said was, I honestly have no idea what they actually looked like in my hands in ‘96. It’s been too long. For sure they didn’t look like what OG pairs do now after years of oxidation, though.
Who cares what another grown man’s hustle is. If he wants to sell shoes let him. Ish mad corny, let the man try to eat.
Can’t speak for others but I don’t care at all. It’s just interesting to observe the true payoff, or lack thereof, of doing this GR resale business. Seems a bit silly to some of us, that’s all. No hate on my end. More like, there are better investment strategies if that’s what someone is going for.

Damn i just looked into ebay not charging me tax
Starting Jan 1st 2020 ebay will start charging tax for Illinois and other states
I'm thinking other retailers like Shoe Palace will also start charging me tax
Other states started getting charged tax around july
These are the other states that will also start getting charged tax in Jan
Hawaii,Michigan,North Carolina and Wisconsin

Shout out to the guy that suggested I call ebay to have them adjust the bucks I would’ve received if I had activated the offer before using the PAIREDUP code

D66D295F-B199-4339-8087-49000D436733.png

It only took four phone calls and an hour and a half
It's about the principle sometimes.

My 2 cents...I’m 39 (generally old in this sneaker game), and been collecting, wearing, selling, donating kicks for 20 years. It’s my hobby. I don’t sell on the lowball platforms, so I’ve done pretty well for an hour or two of “work” on Saturday mornings with a bowl of cereal and in my PJ’s. If it only means a couple dinner nights out with my family a month, an extra weekend vacation a year, and a great Christmas, it’s worth it to me!

If you consider yourself a sneakerhead, these Mega GRs should not be that difficult! Not saying I don’t fail (I Fail Often), but if I can get these at my age hardly trying, and botless, you have to try harder. Don’t complain, Adapt and Hustle!

My 2 cents...I’m 39 (generally old in this sneaker game), and been collecting, wearing, selling, donating kicks for 20 years. It’s my hobby. I don’t sell on the lowball platforms, so I’ve done pretty well for an hour or two of “work” on Saturday mornings with a bowl of cereal and in my PJ’s. If it only means a couple dinner nights out with my family a month, an extra weekend vacation a year, and a great Christmas, it’s worth it to me!

If you consider yourself a sneakerhead, these Mega GRs should not be that difficult! Not saying I don’t fail (I Fail Often), but if I can get these at my age hardly trying, and botless, you have to try harder. Don’t complain, Adapt and Hustle!
Meh. Ill sum up this wall of text: I like to take stuff from others and sell it to them for more. Try harder to beat me.

Back
Top Bottom