Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

20200208_011531.jpg

20200208_011237.jpg

Little TLC goes a long way. Out the box the materials are thirsty as hell. Hit the soles, condition the leather shine up the PL and if you have the Concords by now the mesh should have whitening treatment and soles hit with atleast one cycle of Sole Bright. Just a couple personal recommendations to add a bit more pop. Can take better photos in the AM under sunlight and products/steps utilized if requested.
I’d be down to see that. Hit the soles with what? I just got some patent conditioner for the PL.
I’ve done none of that with my Concords. None of my four pairs have been outside yet :lol:

I’d be down to see that. Hit the soles with what? I just got some patent conditioner for the PL.
I’ve done none of that with my Concords. None of my four pairs have been outside yet :lol:
No lie...
auto care products work wonders but to narrow things down a bit;
Soles: Trinova UV Protectant
PL: Saphir Patent Leather Rife
Leather: Chamberlains Leather Milk and sealed with Otter Wax leather sealant. Not necessary but just incase wondering i also trimmed the edge down a bit so the raw cut line is even all way around.
As for the Concords its not so much wear that causes nylon and soles to yellow as much as its oxidation, worse if wrapped in plastic or stored improperly.

No lie...
auto care products work wonders but to narrow things down a bit;
Soles: Trinova UV Protectant
PL: Saphir Patent Leather Rife
Leather: Chamberlains Leather Milk and sealed with Otter Wax leather sealant. Not necessary but just incase wondering i also trimmed the edge down a bit so the raw cut line is even all way around.
As for the Concords its not so much wear that causes nylon and soles to yellow as much as its oxidation, worse if wrapped in plastic or stored improperly.
Thanks man. I have the Saphir PL stuff, just haven’t gotten around to using it yet. I probably won’t bother with the Chamberlains but interesting about the Trinova. What did you apply it with? If it truly makes the soles pop more and stay that way I might.
I don’t do anything special for Concords and have never had a problem. I keep them in the dark in my closet equipped with Damp Rid. I live in SoCal so controlling the temp is easy and there’s not much humidity. I never wrap any shoes in plastic, though. Never made sense to me.

What did you apply it with? If it truly makes the soles pop more and stay that way I might.
I never wrap any shoes in plastic, though. Never made sense to me.
Absolutely brotha, love sharing anything learned over the years to keep our shoes up. As for application your basic microfiber towel is best. They saturate rather easily and wipe clean with little if any scratching and yes the luster does remain. If anything it gets better with wear. May have to hitem every so often just like any conditioner but that UV formula is like a plastic/rubber trim auto grade reviver so you can guess it has some really good staying power. Even use it as a top coat over some of the other kicks like the Kobe IVs. Not sure which aspect of the oxidation causes the yellowing but your spot on for NEVER...ever ever ever tightly wrapping in plastic. The materials need to breath just like any piece of clothing and a nice cool humidity free storage makes a big difference.

Out and about with my lil guy

48310C67-8E32-49BD-8FCF-A111ED6DE2CE.jpeg
I wish the men's sizes had that short toebox LOL
Absolutely brotha, love sharing anything learned over the years to keep our shoes up. As for application your basic microfiber towel is best. They saturate rather easily and wipe clean with little if any scratching and yes the luster does remain. If anything it gets better with wear. May have to hitem every so often just like any conditioner but that UV formula is like a plastic/rubber trim auto grade reviver so you can guess it has some really good staying power. Even use it as a top coat over some of the other kicks like the Kobe IVs. Not sure which aspect of the oxidation causes the yellowing but your spot on for NEVER...ever ever ever tightly wrapping in plastic. The materials need to breath just like any piece of clothing and a nice cool humidity free storage makes a big difference.
Right on. What did you mean by "little if any scratching," though?

I swear by sole bright by Angelus. That stuff is a miracle worker. Clearing up soles...reversing yellowing. I just did my Deion Sanders 49ers jersey. The numbers were yellowing. 20 mins and they were blazing white. Just gotta be careful with the shoes because it will eat that glue if it gets too hot. I throw mine in the freezer after a sesh for a few mins for a quick reseal on the shoe glue. If something has loosened use electrical tape and force the sole back to the shoe then freeze. Electrical tape wont leave residue and works well.

I throw mine in the freezer after a sesh for a few mins for a quick reseal on the shoe glue. If something has loosened use electrical tape and force the sole back to the shoe then freeze. Electrical tape wont leave residue and works well.

Damn never thought about doing that. Usually get a little glue seperation when doing whitening soaks and just mold it back in position once rinsing but thatll save a good couple minutes.
Crazy how Sole Bright is still such a best kept secret, stuff is amazing and like you mentioned works on all sorts of materials that have yellowed.

I've onlly worn mine once so far. Weather in Central TX has been hit or miss lately and I don't want them to get rained on. I know they'd be ok just don't want to deal with wiping them down and everything yet lol.
Not to mention the rain definitely accelerates the oxidation on the outsoles of the 11’s or any translucent outsole like on the Jordan 5’s and 6’s. The 1st time I wore my win like 82’s I walked across a section of wet grass and they started to lightly oxidize from it. I also had sole protectors on them too.

Back
Top Bottom