Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Lol my homie season ticket holder so I’m definitely b n da building a lot next season great future good young core but I’m miss AD him and LBJ prob going get at least one chip
AD gonna pop his achilles, his lanky a ss is long overdue

I dont think lebron is ready for how often AD misses games due to injury and on the flipside i dont think AD is ready for a deep playoff run. Its going to be more disfunctional than a hollywood marriage

I had several pairs of the OG during high school, but I acquired them all second-hand.

Can anyone share their experience with purchasing the OG on the release date?

If I remember correctly, some of the earlier models would be released in multiple color ways on the same day.

I know the Concords came out around Oct/Nov ‘95. What was the spread between the Columbia’s and Blk/Red?

I had several pairs of the OG during high school, but I acquired them all second-hand.

Can anyone share their experience with purchasing the OG on the release date?

If I remember correctly, some of the earlier models would be released in multiple color ways on the same day.

I know the Concords came out around Oct/Nov ‘95. What was the spread between the Columbia’s and Blk/Red?

Concords came out November 1995, I think the exact date was the 24th but not sure. Columbia’s came out February 1996, Blk Reds in April.

The Blk Red release was insane. Back then, the only early pics we got were grainy photos in publications like Eastbay Magazine. Back then, Jordan’s weren’t known for immediate sell outs. These changed all that.

I remember my mom taking me on release day to get them. The Concords has been an easy cop back in November so I didn’t think much of it. So we go to Footlocker in Topanga mall (for all you SF Valley Cali heads here), and the guy says they are sold out. I’m like “come again?”. He’s like yea there was a line all sizes except a couple smaller and larger ones gone. I’m like :rolleyes

Next stop, Footaction same mall. Sold out. At this point I’m getting pretty nervous. So we go to this other store on Ventura blvd (can’t remember the name) and they are sold out too. Now, I’m like :angry:

We make one last desperate attempt at Big 5 (back then they carried J’s, yes). I ask if they have a size 11 left, he scratches his head and goes in the back to check. A min later, he returns with a size 11 orange Nike box and says “last pair”. I open the box to look at them, I’m like :wow:.

Words cannot describe how stoked my 18 year old self was to have these. I wore them till they practically fell apart, which took many years. I remember going back to school the following week and everyone just staring at them....greatest shoe ever.

It is true some early Jordan’s released two colorways on the same day. I think both Infrareds came out same day, pretty sure Bordeaux 7’s and Hares did too, and Aquas/Bugs Bunnies.

miss the good old days : )

10062007092 copy.jpg

Concords came out November 1995, I think the exact date was the 24th but not sure. Columbia’s came out February 1996, Blk Reds in April.

The Blk Red release was insane. Back then, the only early pics we got were grainy photos in publications like Eastbay Magazine. Back then, Jordan’s weren’t known for immediate sell outs. These changed all that.

I remember my mom taking me on release day to get them. The Concords has been an easy cop back in November so I didn’t think much of it. So we go to Footlocker in Topanga mall (for all you SF Valley Cali heads here), and the guy says they are sold out. I’m like “come again?”. He’s like yea there was a line all sizes except a couple smaller and larger ones gone. I’m like :rolleyes

Next stop, Footaction same mall. Sold out. At this point I’m getting pretty nervous. So we go to this other store on Ventura blvd (can’t remember the name) and they are sold out too. Now, I’m like :angry:

We make one last desperate attempt at Big 5 (back then they carried J’s, yes). I ask if they have a size 11 left, he scratches his head and goes in the back to check. A min later, he returns with a size 11 orange Nike box and says “last pair”. I open the box to look at them, I’m like :wow:.

Words cannot describe how stoked my 18 year old self was to have these. I wore them till they practically fell apart, which took many years. I remember going back to school the following week and everyone just staring at them....greatest shoe ever.

It is true some early Jordan’s released two colorways on the same day. I think both Infrareds came out same day, pretty sure Bordeaux 7’s and Hares did too, and Aquas/Bugs Bunnies.

Awesome story!

I can remember seeing the Concords for the first time at Footaction in Florin Mall (Sacramento) back in ‘95. I was shopping shoes for my eighth grade basketball season and when my dad and I came across the new Air Jordan 11, we stopped and marveled at the display shoe for quite some time. We couldn’t believe how bold, audacious, and overly stylish they were. He offered to buy them for me, but I opted for the Black Air Way Ups instead.

Over the course of the season, as the Bulls reeled off one victory after another - and my team faced off against a handful of opposing players wearing Concords - , the shoe gradually and then very rapidly began to grow on me. There was an advertisement in SI Kids that got taped to my wall:

43BCCC06-E5E5-4CAE-BB80-93A116AD1158.jpeg

Nobody at my middle school had the Columbia’s, so that colorway went mostly unnoticed by me. But I’ll never forget the first time I saw the Blk/Red 11, on-feet at Arco Arena during a Kings game. It must’ve been one of the last games of the season, late in April, just after the release, because everyone was wearing them.

I was completely mesmerized by this shoe and instantly fell in love. A few weeks later, the Sonics spoiled the Kings first playoff berth since ‘86, and broke my basketball heart. So, when Jordan and the Bulls knocked off Seattle in June, justice was served and the shoe was elevated to grail status in my mind.

I searched constantly and was able to acquire several pair of the Blk/Red grails, and a couple Concords, over my 4 years of high school - but they were all used. I never got to experience that deadstock, fresh-out-of-the-box excitement.

Suffice to say, I’m stoked about this remastered version and I’m looking forward to rewriting my history with this shoe come December.

Last edited:
Awesome story!

I can remember seeing the Concords for the first time at Footaction in Florin Mall (Sacramento) back in ‘95. I was shopping shoes for my eighth grade basketball season and when my dad and I came across the new Air Jordan 11, we stopped and marveled at the display shoe for quite some time. We couldn’t believe how bold, audacious, and overly stylish they were. He offered to buy them for me, but I opted for the Black Air Way Ups instead.

Over the course of the season, as the Bulls reeled off one victory after another - and my team faced off against a handful of opposing players wearing Concords - , the shoe gradually and then very rapidly began to grow on me. There was an advertisement in SI Kids that got taped to my wall:

43BCCC06-E5E5-4CAE-BB80-93A116AD1158.jpeg

Nobody at my middle school had the Columbia’s, so that colorway went mostly unnoticed by me. But I’ll never forget the first time I saw the Blk/Red 11, on-feet at Arco Arena during a Kings game. It must’ve been one of the last games of the season, late in April, just after the release, because everyone was wearing them.

I was completely mesmerized by this shoe and instantly fell in love. A few weeks later, the Sonics spoiled the Kings first playoff berth since ‘86, and broke my basketball heart. So, when Jordan and the Bulls knocked off Seattle in June, justice was served and the shoe was elevated to grail status in my mind.

I searched constantly and was able to acquire several pair of the Blk/Red grails, and a couple Concords, over my 4 years of high school - but they were all used. I never got to experience that deadstock, fresh-out-of-the-box excitement.

Suffice to say, I’m stoked about this remastered version and I’m looking forward to rewriting my history with this shoe come December.

Haha I remember that exact pic! Good times. Great story as well man, 1996 was truly an unforgettable year. My anticipation for this remaster is OFF THE CHARTS, and we only in June. Come holiday season it’s going to reach fever pitch status for me.

This has been a great year to be a Jordan retro fan. The infrared 6 is my second fav shoe after these, to have my two fav shoes drop in the same year as near 1:1 ogs is surreal.

Haha I remember that exact pic! Good times. Great story as well man, 1996 was truly an unforgettable year. My anticipation for this remaster is OFF THE CHARTS, and we only in June. Come holiday season it’s going to reach fever pitch status for me.

This has been a great year to be a Jordan retro fan. The infrared 6 is my second fav shoe after these, to have my two fav shoes drop in the same year as near 1:1 ogs is surreal.

The last few years have been great, and the remastered releases have drawn me personally back into collecting - starting with the Black Concords in 2016.

It’s funny how acquiring one shoe leads to another and another. The Jordan 12 has always been my favorite silhouette. And after grabbing the 11s in 2016, I was lucky enough to find the entire DS OG 12 set for less than original retail. And now I can’t stop buying shoes.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your story. I was a little too young to be personally involved with the original Blk/Red 11 release, but it’s really cool to learn more about it.

If anyone else has a memory, let’s hear it!

Which 11 would be best to hoop in? Space jams or cords?

Id say cords because it has more padding but i feel like the midsole is harder.

The last few years have been great, and the remastered releases have drawn me personally back into collecting - starting with the Black Concords in 2016.

It’s funny how acquiring one shoe leads to another and another. The Jordan 12 has always been my favorite silhouette. And after grabbing the 11s in 2016, I was lucky enough to find the entire DS OG 12 set for less than original retail. And now I can’t stop buying shoes.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your story. I was a little too young to be personally involved with the original Blk/Red 11 release, but it’s really cool to learn more about it.

If anyone else has a memory, let’s hear it!
Page 9 has my little story.

I dont think they will. But hell some were offing their 2011 Cords for a lot around last Decembers release. I cannot see wanting either one of those releases at all.

I am no one to give much advise on that. But, if you held on to the ds pair a little longer to let the hype build for the new release it might entice people to want the 2012 more due to not wanting to wait.

I doubt the young crowd cares enough to go out of their way to get the low patent leather 12's even if they like em better. Im guessing they will just cop the new ones. If youre thinking like 5 years from now I bet the 2008/12's will be forgotten. Other then people who want every version.

I doubt their enthusiasm is enough as the og crowd to seek out og's. Theres a lot more nastalgia there then just i slightly prefer this version of that one.

You can still probably get good money from people who dont want to wait.

I unloaded my 2011 concords a month before the December release for $395. Should have sold them a year or so earlier, when they were moving at $500-plus. But had I waited any longer, I would have gotten less for them.
The 2012 black/red XIs look to be selling between $350-$400 on SX right now. Don't take this as a guarantee but I have a hard time seeing them rising the closer we get to this year's release. If I were you, I'd list them for $400 now and see what happens. There's still plenty of time. Once the 2019s drop, though, you can be pretty assured the value of the 2012s will only decrease. The 2011 concords seem to have lost about $30-$50 in value on most sales since the new pair released.

I took your advice last week rainking rainking , & put them up on StockX last week for $400. I can't believe how QUICK someone bit for them. I got $352 for them after their BS fee, and extra ish...

Here's a few pictures I took last week, before I parted with them. If anyone cares.

:lol:

20190617_145519.jpg
20190617_145546.jpg
20190617_145607.jpg
20190617_145628.jpg
20190617_145657.jpg
20190617_145707.jpg
20190617_145747.jpg
20190617_145820.jpg
20190617_145844.jpg
20190617_145853.jpg

I kinda didn't wanna part with them, because they were the HARDEST online cop of ALL-TIME for me. I never told the story, but this was back when Jordan's were being sold online, at 8:00 AM EST. I was on sittin' down, lurkin' & lingerin' on every website since 5:30 AM...

45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif

When it came CRUNCH time... Finish Line, Champs & FootAction.com just straight up CRASHED @ 7:59 AM, with the quickness!!! Footlocker & Eastbay were semi workin', but you'd get that error tryin' 2 add to the cart BS ASAP. After like 2-3 hours of SEVERAL repeated attempts on both sites, & bein' PISSED off STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN Attitude era style...

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif

I FINALLY get through on Eastbay... I was jumping for joy, when i FINALLY got that shipping confirmation!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I ended up keeping this pair DS, because I hit on a FinishLine restock in March of 2013. I've worn my Finish Line pair line 100 times, over the years. This release was stiff, and uncomfortable as hell. One of the most uncomfortable pairs of shoes, I've EVER worn. Especially, inside of the toe box. I don't see how NBA players wore them on the court. Even swapping out the insoles, didn't help. Me having EXTREMELY flat feet, probably didn't help either.

Last edited:

I took your advice last week rainking rainking , & put them up on StockX last week for $400. I can't believe how QUICK someone bit for them. I got $352 for them after they're BS fee, and extra ish...

Here's a few pictures I took last week, before I parted with them. If anyone cares.

20190617_145519.jpg
20190617_145546.jpg
20190617_145607.jpg
20190617_145628.jpg
20190617_145657.jpg
20190617_145707.jpg
20190617_145747.jpg
20190617_145820.jpg
20190617_145844.jpg
20190617_145853.jpg

I kinda didn't wanna part with them, because they were the HARDEST online cop of ALL-TIME for me. I never told the story, but this was back when Jordan's were being sold online, at 8:00 AM EST. I was on sittin' down, lurkin' & lingerin' on every website since 5:30 AM...

45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif

When it came CRUNCH time... Finish Line, Champs & FootAction.com just straight up CRASHED @ 7:59 AM, with the quickness!!! Footlocker & Eastbay were semi workin', but you'd get that error tryin' 2 add to the cart BS ASAP. After like 2-3 hours of SEVERAL repeated attempts on both sites, & bein' PISSED off STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN Attitude era style...

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif

I FINALLY get through on Eastbay... I was jumping for joy, when i FINALLY got that shipping confirmation!!!

I ended up keeping this pair DS, because I hit on a FinishLine restock in March of 2013. I've worn my Finish Line pair line 100 times, over the years. This release was stiff, and uncomfortable as hell. One of the most uncomfortable pairs of shoes, I've EVER worn. Especially, inside of the toe box. I don't see how NBA players wore them on the court. Even swapping out the insoles, didn't help. Me having EXTREMELY flat feet, probably didn't help either.
Congrats on your sell. I tried to like these. But I just didnt feel them at all. This probably the only shoe I have to have a certain way to purchase again. Too meaning full of a shoe.

I took your advice last week rainking rainking , & put them up on StockX last week for $400. I can't believe how QUICK someone bit for them. I got $352 for them after their BS fee, and extra ish...

20190617_145519.jpg
20190617_145546.jpg
20190617_145607.jpg
20190617_145628.jpg
20190617_145657.jpg
20190617_145707.jpg
20190617_145747.jpg
20190617_145820.jpg
20190617_145844.jpg
20190617_145853.jpg

45.gif
45.gif
45.gif
45.gif

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif

Nice! You made the right call. I knew you’d move them quickly if you listed them. You won’t regret it, especially when you have the new ones. You just paid for a pair of the 2019s, and still have $100-plus left in your pocket.

I remember hanging with my neighbor when I was in 1st or 2nd grade he was in middle school.

He gave me a ton of cards then his mom took them from me when i was leaving. I eas mad but ma dukes came thru with some sealed packs she been waitng to give me.

I may have to get FOUR pairs of these. I plan on wearing the first pair so much that I may wear them out like I did my ogs. I may even take it to back in the day and wear one of the pairs straight out the store. Would be funny as hell if anticipation got so high for these that it forced JB to release them early, though they never do that. December feels so far away.

They could push the date up to 12/07, but then again the could push it back to 12/21 if they wanted to make changes because it would still be before Christmas. It may also depend on if Yeezy has anything to compete with the Playoff 11’s, but I’ll take the listed 12/14 date...only 173 more days to go. :emoji_astonished::emoji_confused::emoji_scream:

Back
Top Bottom