Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Me and the son ready for some last minute Christmas shopping

Attachments

• bred son.jpeg
    bred son.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,304
It's all subjective, for some the best Jordan ever is the Jordan XI Concord, for some it is the Black/Cement III, or the Jordan 1 Black/Red., or the Black/Red IV. Hell the Jordan 1 thread on here is titled "Best model ever" so if one were to believe that then there is no way the GOAT Jordan shoe could be anything another than a Jordan 1.:lol:
The Jordan 1 is def no where near being the greatest J ever. Not even in discussion. AT ALL.

To this day i cant understand why the 1s even became a thing. Did some rapper make them popular? Was it some ultra limited Onwhite supreme defeated hype nonsense? lol Either which way no one use to wear those damn things now all of sudden theyre a thing. Never owned a pair and dont care to but the 11s? Timeless cool.

For me, 1s are the most wearable Jordan there is. Sometimes when I see 11s, 13s, etc., I see a basketball sneaker. 1s have transcended that because of their versatility.

I also consider the BC3 or Concord 11 the GOAT. BC3 because the 3 kept Jordan at Nike and let all this happen, and the Concord because celebrities would even wear that to award shows. It was real hype before social media.

The Jordan 1 is def no where near being the greatest J ever. Not even in discussion. AT ALL.
Agree. I've never owned a pair of 1s. OG white/red Chi colorway is the only one I kind of dig and might buy if they do indeed come back again this year. I do kind of get why they've become popular, cultural hype aside. They're a basic shoe, like AF1s and dunks etc., that can be worn casually rather easily by anyone. But as a shoe in general, let alone a Jordan, they're nothing special or revolutionary design-wise, even for the time (other than the color blocking). They pretty much look like every '80s basketball shoe from virtually every brand back then.
Concords are my GOAT Jordan along with white/cement 3s. I like the black/red 11s but nothing will ever grab me like a clean pair of Concords :lol:

Top 4 J's for me in order:

1. Black-Red 11
2. Concords
3. Black Infrared 6
4. Black Cement 3

After those 4, it's pretty tough to say what comes next. Black Red 13's perhaps might be the 5th spot but that literally changes every other day lol. The Playoff 7 is another strong candidate for that 5th spot.

Last edited:
Don’t have time to really search the thread so sorry. Ordered off SNKRS and got a shipping confirmation tried to track it and basically says nothing. Label created and in Tennessee. Normally the shoe is here by now. No refund to my card either. Are they really delayed? Getting worried

Sorry to say but I think you are sol
I suggest you contact Nike about your situation
They will probably tell you it was lost or something then give you a refund
Pretty messed up for Nike to give out shipping with no progress for over a week and leave people just hanging like that

One thing I love about this release is that they got the padding right. SJ's didn't really have it, Concords were okay, and these have it boldly.
Interesting. At first I thought you were nuts, but just compared my Concords to these. Indeed the padding might be marginally thicker on these than it is on the Concords. (The SJs aren't worth talking about as Nike didn't put any of the padding in the upper; a real shame.)
On the flip side, at least on my pairs, the Concord has an equally marginally better toe shape than the black/reds. It's clear as day side by side.
Between the two, I think the Concord is ultimately a better retro, but by about 2 percent. But yeah, good call on the padding.
Either way, thrilled to have them both back in the arsenal. Starting to consider selling my second pair of SJs. It's a crap retro compared to the Concords and these. Patent cut oddly too high instead of too low, and the lack of padding really irritates me. But until I NEED the money or the prices jump, will probably sit on them for now. I'd prefer actually being thrilled with them and never even thinking of selling, believe me. But they could have been much better, easily. Oh well, still a dope 11.

Top 4 J's for me in order:

1. Black-Red 11
2. Concords
3. Black Infrared 6
4. Black Cement 3

After those 4, it's pretty tough to say what comes next. Black Red 13's perhaps might be the 5th spot but that literally changes every other day lol. The Playoff 7 is another strong candidate for that 5th spot.
I 100% agree with that list but BC 3’s Has to go at the top of that list for me, my all time favorite

Here I was giving Nike time to do they job cause they made like 2 million pairs of these lol I shoulda just bought my other pair at the mall these things were everywhere

Just shipped, estimated delivery is blank
Just got off the phone with them. We’re SOL. Only reason I didn’t really catch the delay was because I was on vacation and just got back Sunday expecting a package to be waiting.

Back
Top Bottom