Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Best retro between,
2016 45 XI Black
2018 45 Concord
or these 2019 Playoffs.
How would you rank them? It can be based on anything you want. Nostalgia, shape, quality, etc.
Bored and buzzed right now.

Best retro between,
2016 45 XI Black
2018 45 Concord
or these 2019 Playoffs.
How would you rank them? It can be based on anything you want. Nostalgia, shape, quality, etc.
I think it's a tie between the Concord and Bred.

Best retro between,
2016 45 XI Black
2018 45 Concord
or these 2019 Playoffs.
Concord easy. It looks the most like the OG to my eyes. And nothing beats the white/black contrast.

2018 concord
2016 Jams/ PE whatever the hell you wanna call em
2019 playoffs

yeah yeah I know the PL cut wasn’t right on the 2016 and the upper isn’t padded , shape needed tweaking etc etc but I just f*** with that shoe. Also the materials used (patent leather, ankle collar leather) was superior to the new playoffs . I still love this new retro of the playoffs but JB clearly cut some corners. 2018 concord is as good as it’s gonna get retro wise.

I hope they drop these again on all star weekend. I’m looking to cop to trade for some concords. I heard they might even drop the concords too. When exactly is all star weekend? Like February 15 or something?

i have a size 10 i need to trade for a 9.5.... people in the bay is sole supremacy the only ones doing size swaps?

Can’t believe folks are still using stockx after they were caught with their pants down multiple times with data breaches.
Would it be better to cop from GOAT? Looking for a pair. Doesn't seem we'll be getting any restocks soon.

Last edited:
2018 concord
2016 Jams/ PE whatever the hell you wanna call em
2019 playoffs

yeah yeah I know the PL cut wasn’t right on the 2016 and the upper isn’t padded , shape needed tweaking etc etc but I just f*** with that shoe. Also the materials used (patent leather, ankle collar leather) was superior to the new playoffs . I still love this new retro of the playoffs but JB clearly cut some corners. 2018 concord is as good as it’s gonna get retro wise.
Def gotta put the 45 Concord over all. But the other two releases are so close to me in regards to Nostagia. I really cant pick one over the other. Regardless of shape, pl etc. Several years ago my 2 grails were always the 45 XIs. Both of them. For lots of reasons. Never thought they would ever be a reality. But the playoff will always be my favorite colorway. But damn that grainy pl , I cant unsee it.

My pair has that orange peel look to it. The same look to last years fake Cords.
That’s exactly it and a great description with the orange peel. Mine look the same. Were the OG’s really like that ? because when it comes to the J X11 I always felt the patent leather should be smooth like glass or as close to it as possible.

That’s exactly it and a great description with the orange peel. Mine look the same. Were the OG’s really like that ? because when it comes to the J X11 I always felt the patent leather should be smooth like glass or as close to it as possible.
My original 96s are perfectly smooth pl.
IMG_20190511_180432.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20190511_180432.jpg
That’s awesome. Can’t believe you have an OG pair. Very nice. That jumpman looks pretty good in this pic for a shoe from 96’. Anyway yeah that’s the way it should be imo and thanks for giving a “ as good as it gets conformation “ lol.

Weird that they decided to do that. I’d love to know why that decision was made.

Real Cords were perfect smooth pl. Maybe thin lol but looked perfect. Hoped these would have that.
My 2019 playoffs have that orange peel as well. My OG pair isnt perfectly smooth but I attribute some of that to age. The 45 Jams have the best quality PL of the new releases. It’s the thickest and the smoothest.

IMG_20190511_180432.jpg
Yessir. My OGs, too, are on a different planet when it come to the patent. But it's all good, fellas. Just rock the F out of them. Latest retro Concords are still the best of the lot by a mile, though :nthat::lol:

My 2019 playoffs have that orange peel as well. My OG pair isnt perfectly smooth but I attribute some of that to age. The 45 Jams have the best quality PL of the new releases. It’s the thickest and the smoothest.
I beg to differ if we're talking about new releases. Cap and Gowns got the best patent leather and overall best shape.

Back
Top Bottom