Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Jordan brand did these justice in my opinion. Yeah there's a few things they could've done better that they lack when compared to the OG, however I think these are great. Definitely we've come a long way since the 2012 release that's for sure.
20191218_143631.jpg

Air-Jordan-11-Retro-Playoffs-Bred-2012-Product.jpg

My god. I’m glad I wasn’t able to cop the 2012. I remember hood rats having her kids in the freezing rain waiting for these outside the store when I was heading to work. And years before hint of the 2019 rendition, I was never inclined to buy them. I did have the CDP XI and they weren’t great but they did me good.

Last edited:
My god. I’m glad I wasn’t able to cop the 2012.
Passed on almost every release until this latest run of Jam Concord Breds. Had the 2001 Concords which went piss yellow in no time and the CDP pack primarily for the Taxi's.
True story the Taxi's had 10x the wear of those breds, just could not get over a backwards jumpman and that skimp *** bacon strip patent then tuned out on the 11s aside from the IEs. Wasnt until i saw the ConcordJams and was like..."hmm" then the Concords..."ok theyre onto something here" then the 2019 Bred official pics dropped after already falling in love with the 34s and just dumped my wallet out..."**** it..take it all."

My god. I’m glad I wasn’t able to cop the 2012. I remember hood rats having her kids in the freezing rain waiting for these outside the store when I was heading to work. And years before hint of the 2019 rendition, I was never inclined to buy them. I did have the CDP XI and they were great but they did me good.

Thanks for sharing your story. Perhaps it made my day reading that crap! :lol:

This made me reminisce on how people sure worked hard, but not smart back then.

Hood rats for real! A damn shame they would subject their kids to detrimental weather conditions like that for a pair of damn bootleg quality shoes that came out in 2012. And we're in the same boat about being glad we didn't get them that year. I'm content with my 2019 pair although it obviously won't be 100% replication of my original pair from 1996 I still actually have.

Dude, I remember those days although I certainly never went through hell and back for some damn shoes. Those camp outs were so idiotic especially in December 2011 for those bootleg looking Concord XI where they even rioted in some spots. Losers getting their kids, girlfriends/wives, or family members to help wait in lines for them was pathetic. It's like the front of stores were accumulating homeless people shortly before release dates back then.

I recall the raffle system too. Losers would drive all around town obviously burning gas to collect tickets to increase their odds. An old associate of mine at a Footaction even informed me clowns would bring their girlfriends with them to get extra tickets to increase their odds. I would never subject a lady I'm with to put in unnecessary work like that as a grown man.

But the obsolete raffle system was also a double-edged sword, a two-way street. It could work in your favor if you worked smart and knew someone at a store(s). I'm sure some of y'all on here had inside hookups where they would rig a slot for you to be able to get the shoes come release day. I sure did with a young lady at Champs years ago, and I'm glad I was picky too because she helped me get the Maroon VI in 2015 and the black/metallic V in 2016 via rigging. I tried to be smart about it with her with what I wanted because I didn't want to burn out my help and favors like that.

I'm still picky and the app reservation system has been somewhat good to me because I was able to get 6 iconic Jordans I wanted up to this point since I began using that system in December 2016 for the Space Jam XI.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your story. Perhaps it made my day reading that crap! :lol:

This made me reminisce on how people sure worked hard, but not smart back then.

Hood rats for real! A damn shame they would subject their kids to detrimental weather conditions like that for a pair of damn bootleg quality shoes that came out in 2012. And we're in the same boat about being glad we didn't get them that year. I'm content with my 2019 pair although it obviously won't be 100% replication of my original pair from 1996 I still actually have.

Dude, I remember those days although I certainly never went through hell and back for some damn shoes. Those camp outs were so idiotic especially in December 2011 for those bootleg looking Concord XI wherre they even rioted in some spots. Losers getting their kids, girlfriends/wives, or family members to help wait in lines for them was pathetic. It's like the front of stores were accumulating homeless people shortly before release dates back then.

I recall the raffle system too. Losers would drive all around town obviously burning gas to collect tickets to increase their odds. An old associate of mine at a Footaction even informed me clowns would bring their girlfriends with them to get extra tickets to increase their odds. I would never subject a lady I'm with to put in unnecessary work like that as a grown man.

But the obsolete raffle system was also double-edged sword, two-way street. It could work in your favor if you worked smart and knew someone at a store(s). I'm sure some of y'all on here had inside hookups where they would rig a slot for you to be able to get the shoes come release day. I sure did with a young lady at Champs years ago, and I'm glad I was picky too because she helped me get the Maroon VI in 2015 and the black/metallic V in 2016 via rigging. I tried to be smart about it with her with what I wanted because I didn't want to burn out my help and favors like that.

I'm still picky and the app reservation system has been somewhat good to me because I was able to get 6 iconic Jordans I wanted up to this point since I began using that system in December 2016 for the Space Jam XI.

Ahhh man 2011 concord release. What a nigh/day. Funny thing was it was raining that night here in nyc and I left the gym and saw the line being made.....in the rain :lol:. I stayed inside that day. I was on the NT just reading the stories and laughing my *** off

that release took this sneaker hobby to hell. And the raffle systems and lines just to get a ticket for a shoe you may not get maaaaaan. What a time.

Ahhh man 2011 concord release. What a nigh/day. Funny thing was it was raining that night here in nyc and I left the gym and saw the line being made.....in the rain :lol:. I stayed inside that day. I was on the NT just reading the stories and laughing my *** off

that release took this sneaker hobby to hell. And the raffle systems and lines just to get a ticket for a shoe you may not get maaaaaan. What a time.

I'm sure glad I waited 7 years later to get the Concord XI in December 2018 via Footaction app reservation system. Basically a better replication with better quality and a standout detail that was never placed on all prior versions of that shoe, the number 45 on the back since Jordan initially wore those shoes with that number in 1995.

Now I wouldn't label it a sneaker hobby like you did, it's more of an affinity for me since I like particular sneaks like that and like having them to wear specifically with certain articles of attire I have. Like I try to get them to match with certain jerseys or other apparel and whatnot.

Don't forget the Galaxy Foamposite in 2012 around the time of that season's NBA All-Star Game as well. That one in addition to the 2011 Concord took the shoe game to hell on another level. I believe po-po had to get involved at a mall in Florida because clowns and losers were acting stupid and rioting in lines. The po-po shut that mall down because of those stupid shoes. I remember fools were camped out for like over a week trying to get them for a huge resale.

I recall a bygone era, specifically the '90s, when they actually had the Jordan Columbia XI, Penny 1, and other $100+ Nike sneaks at JC Penney! They were sitting there just gradually liquidating, no first day sellouts. I miss those days of simplicity like that where they didn't even have a release date, the stores just got the shoes and brought them right out to sell.

I always liked the gamma. Outsoles don't get dirty or yellow!

I got stories about those too. NYC wasnt safe when those dropped. I worked for a prominent sneaker retailer at the time, I got a pair for someone, and we wasnt allowed to leave the store for almost two hours because people was getting robbed on site. And I'm sure you've seen videos of the fights in stores for those. Wow. In my opinon that colorway was trash.

Yeah gamma was a wild release... lol I ordered like 4 pairs off of sites in the UK and Europe joints got here before some peoples footlocker pairs and I was just looking at the madness...

Gammas were a decent color way. For the time they were hot but I wouldn’t be caught dead in them today. They did yellow pretty fast for my pair I was blown. Too many people in the DMV punished that release and the 12s that had the same CW.

Back
Top Bottom