Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

They added the 45 because a lot of you for some reason have been asking for it.

I think I recall people wanting to badly on the 2011's either because of a sample or something
They put the 45 on it because they knew they could. The success of the 45 Jam gave them every reason to continue that trend knowing they can squeeze yet another release out without giving the complete OG retro. Yet giving us a reason to buy again in 7-8 years. All by design.

I don’t think it’s that deep. If they gave us the 23 now, the next time they dropped people would beg for the 45 because it’s something different. This is a one time deal for the space Jam and concord.

They put the 45 on it because they knew they could. The success of the 45 Jam gave them every reason to continue that trend knowing they can squeeze yet another release out without giving the complete OG retro. Yet giving us a reason to buy again in 7-8 years. All by design.
of course, by that time comes I won't care so its whatever. Take what were given I guess

I wanna know tho, they made space jams OG and stitched the 45 yet not these? id love an explanation :lol:

I don’t think it’s that deep. If they gave us the 23 now, the next time they dropped people would beg for the 45 because it’s something different. This is a one time deal for the space Jam and concord.
The Jam and Concord 45s are a one time deal I agree. But this is just another way to keep us all hooked, wanting the 23 version now because we are all gonna see the 45s everywhere. Nike/JB is not as stupid as we think. Design wise yes they are. But planning and going to the well over and over again. They know what they are doing here.

I was thinking that the OG 11's from 1995-96 were the very first MODEL of Air Jordan's to literally sell out. Only old heads like myself can really testify to the fact that those things flew off the shelf never to be seen again.....after awhile. It did take some time to warm up to them for some but for the most part the 11's were gone. The blk/red colorway instantly was gone. Maybe this is why they tend to be "the quintessential" all-time favorite.

That original ad was boss, then the 100 ft rim commercial.
IMG_20180720_212923.jpg

Seems like a lot of dudes still have the 2011’s deadstock. Maybe yall can bring your 2011 pairs to the store and pretend you buying them all over again. :rofl:

In all seriousness If i had a 2011 pair, on ice, i would definitley be greeting this new pair and all its differences, with open arms..i think its tough for most because its not like this shoe has been retroed often..if this shoe came out every 2 years maybe the 45 would be welcomed a bit more...but people want the original form

Seems like a lot of dudes still have the 2011’s deadstock. Maybe yall can bring your 2011 pairs to the store and pretend you buying them all over again. :rofl:

In all seriousness If i had a 2011 pair, on ice, i would definitley be greeting this new pair and all its differences, with open arms..i think its tough for most because its not like this shoe has been retroed often..if this shoe came out every 2 years maybe the 45 would be welcomed a bit more...but people want the original form
The 45 is trivial compared to other retros that have actually been butchered

Had 3 DS pairs of 2011 concords. Stood in line overnight at serramonte mall in Daily city. Had to be almost 1000 heads out there. Good times. By the end of the day i just wasn't feeling them, because of the shape wise and patent cut, the connection just wasn't there. Good thing i still had 2 pairs of my 2000 concords. nonetheless, 2-3 air minimum for this release, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. It may not be the OG's or the 2000's but they're good enough.

He debuted the shoe with a 45 in the Orlando series......its simple....if you dont want the 45 on it then dont purchase.....I get it as well....23 would be so dope.....but we getting the 45 and it is still an iconic shoe....some of you all acting like they butchering a OG

We want it the way WE had it when it released, not the way Mike had it when they first premiered on the scene. I wanna be like Mike but not that bad.

We want it the way WE had it when it released, not the way Mike had it when they first premiered on the scene. I wanna be like Mike but not that bad.
Another good point. Its just not about MJ, its about us and our own story. I got more stories that have Air jordans in it that have nothing to do with Jordan himself. We all do.

On the future Concord drop with the 23 on the back that has a clear outsole, everyone will ***** about how they want it blue tint. The original 1995 box will be "boring". The PL cut will be too high. etc. The 2000 release is good dont get me wrong. But these (2018 45 pe) are the closest version we have ever gotten without the 23 on the back. Appreciate it while its here.

And I totally get you....as I stated....I would love a Concord release with a 23 on it too....but people acting like this release is inaccurate or that they are butchering it....just saying it ain't that bad....it is still an iconic shoe

Back
Top Bottom