Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

While I think Nike/JB will scale back production on a lot of retros I dont think they'll do it with a holiday XI, especially the concord colorway. Its become an annual cash cow ...

Already in the mall. Super early lol...has the phone number under it also. Wasn't that like the og ad for em

Attachments

• 20170929_174351.jpg
    20170929_174351.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 76
Why are there never any riots for iPhone releases?

Because everyone knows they'll eventually get an iPhone for retail.

You miss out on certain shoes, it's resale city for you. Either that or you just go without.

IMG_20170929_194210.jpg
cut it out of an SI magazine 95 or 96. Held on to it. Beginning of my XI obsession for these.

Same with me buddy. Not sure how old you are, but you seem to be close to my age (41) so you remember when these originally released back in November of '95. What a time!!! I was the exact same way with this shoe!!!

I loved this ad. Never forget how I got my pair of XIs 3 days before release back in the day! Was a P/T employee at Footquarters (sister store to FTL, Champs), I was 18, just graduated HS and I asked my boss if he knew the manager at Footlocker. He said he did and I asked if he could call and find d out if I can see the XI early (since I worked for the company).

Mind you, way before the internet or sneaker blogs, or anything we have today. All I had was the ad and pics in Slam magazine! He said sure come on down. Knowing they weren't released yet, just wanted to see them before I bought them a few days later. I walked to the other end of the mall, got to the store and saw they were out? I asked why, manager said Nike called and said release them as a few Mom & Pops already did. So I bought them on the spot!!!

Got home and was so so excited to have this shoe. Was totally unlike ANYTHING before it. Played in them a few days later at an open gym at Del-Val College (suburb of Philly). At the time they were the GOAT on court!!! Amazing traction, lockdown, cushioning. Everyone came up to ask about them. That same night, the Bulls got blown out by Orlando for one of their 10 losses. But before they played, while at the pickup game, some guys were saying the Bulls couldn't & wouldn't sustain their run they had going to start the season. And one said MJ would never be as good as he was! Boy was he wrong!!! I even told the guy the Bulls would go 75-7, I kid you not!! I was off by 3 wins!!! This shoe means A LOT to me & I will buy 2 pairs minimum. I can't wait!!!

^^ Game 1 of the Orl/Chi playoffs 1995. At my Uncles house, in his basement. TV was huge. That's when I saw them for the first time. Went nuts over them. I was 14. Glued to the tv on every replay. I got pages of stories about that series but Ill leave it at that. This release is a must for me. Don't care if they make a billion of these, they will still mean the same to me.

Whatever it takes when it comes to these... if they look that nice

Back
Top Bottom