Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I’m one if those dudes who wears his kicks almost immediately after buying them. I don’t wear them out the store, but always within a few days. Forget leaving them on ice. I buy my shoes to wear them, nuff said.

This is me. My cousin usually jokes how I wear all my shoes. I see no point, for me personally, to keep shoes on ice.

Ahahaha, I felt the same way. Went to Footlocker early on release day, spring '96, for the black XIs. I had been waiting since the previous summer for them and assumed they would be what we now call Space Jams. When I got to Footlocker, there was a poster or sign up for them with a picture of the black/red XI. I just stood there for a hard second thinking, wait, WTF is this shoe? Red soles? I bought them anyway, but I was so disappointed. I remember getting home and just staring at those things and thinking, "what just happened?" for the rest of the day LOL.

One thing I will note just for the record, Nike didn't JUST slap red soles and a red jumpman on the same black uppers it used the previous year for MJ's '95 playoff pairs. The OG black/red uppers actually have a red tint to the black cordura. It's still there today on that very pair I bought that day and which I still have. But I would've much preferred they didn't make any changes to the OG "Space Jams" and just released those, no one cared that it was almost a year later.
You got a pic of your OGs??

You got a pic of your OGs??
Yeasir. You can sort of see the red tint thought it doesn't show up quite correctly in pics:
0D76C917-15F6-49DA-84AB-CF3F4EA07C53.jpeg
418EC757-9207-42DC-AB06-A91C97A9678D.jpeg

EDIt: Paging JRepp23 JRepp23 and @tonytobacco :lol:

Last edited:
Beautiful bro. Those are on my list. I recently bought a DS pair of 01s but I must have a pair of OGs. My size is tough to find though(11). You still got the OG box?
Funny enough, that's my size, too.
I don't have the box. I only kept boxes back in the day to put other stuff in when I was in HS and college LOL. I am pretty sure these came in the brown swoosh-top box and not the Air Jordan box as concords did, but I could be mistaken. I'm 99 percent on it, though.
Man, NOW I sort of wish I had kept a few of my other OG pairs like taxi 12s, Air Swifts, Flight Huaraches ... but then again, I'm out of space as it is. I remember I gave my dad my OG "Fab Five" Air Force Maxes after I was done with them in my HS team's summer league schedule. He rocked those for a long time LOL. But back then, keeping old shoes wasn't something we really did. The only reason I kept these is because I barely ever wore them and they were in great shape. I honestly didn't even like them back then, as crazy as that sounds now. I thought they were gaudy and that I looked ridiculous in them. Never wore them casually; probably played in them five times in my college IM games and that was it.

Funny enough, that's my size, too.
I don't have the box. I only kept boxes back in the day to put other stuff in when I was in HS and college LOL. I am pretty sure these came in the brown swoosh-top box and not the Air Jordan box as concords did, but I could be mistaken. I'm 99 percent on it, though.
Man, NOW I sort of wish I had kept a few of my other OG pairs like taxi 12s, Air Swifts, Flight Huaraches ... but then again, I'm out of space as it is. I remember I gave my dad my OG "Fab Five" Air Force Maxes after I was done with them in my HS team's summer league schedule. He rocked those for a long time LOL. But back then, keeping old shoes wasn't something we really did. The only reason I kept these is because I barely ever wore them and they were in great shape. I honestly didn't even like them back then, as crazy as that sounds now. I thought they were gaudy and that I looked ridiculous in them. Never wore the casually; probably played in them five times in my college IM games and that was it.
Yea, those are in amazing shape. Size 11 is really hard to find for some reason across the board in OG XIs. I literally see every other size except that one. Some blk red 11s did come in the Jordan box but I think those are more rare. Most from what I've researched came in the swoosh box. I have a list of shoes I'm after and once I complete the list I'm retiring. Still have a bunch I'm trying to sell but I don't want to linger in the game forever. Just get what I'm really looking for and get out. Most of what I want can be found at decent prices, just would need some restoration work at some point. Like I want a pair of 03 cobalts. I've seen DS pairs go for 60$. I'd much rather buy those than the recent release. It's kind of a nostalgia factor for me too...

Damn. Those are nice. :nthat:
Now I feel guilty. They just sit on one of my bookcase shelves. I wiped off the patent quick for those pics but they are pretty damn dusty. Need to bust out my Jason Markk and clean them up for the first time in literally 20 years LOL

IMG_20190511_180342.jpg
IMG_20190511_180432.jpg
IMG_20170912_175351.jpg

Last time I post these pics. For all the original heads still out there with there pairs. These are a grail to the fullest extent. I am so ready for this retro.
Gorgeous bro thanks for posting. Now I really need a pair. I've found a pair in solid shape in my size with the Jordan box believe it or not..I just need to pull the trigger

Now I feel guilty. They just sit on one of my bookcase shelves. I wiped off the patent quick for those pics but they are pretty damn dusty. Need to bust out my Jason Markk and clean them up for the first time in literally 20 years LOL
Just dont put Black Magic Tire wet on them. lol. I think thats what screwed my pair up.

Last edited:
I thought I was in the Playoff XI thread with those pics. Too much Miller Lite. Concords are still amazing. You aint lived to you have em. lol.

Last edited:
Just dont put Black Magic Tire wet on them. lol. I think thats what ****ed my pair up.
Hahahahaha. Never. I'm not even bothered about them, to be honest. I'll just wash them up with the J Markk and back on the shelf they go. I did put them on two months ago one night and wore them around the house for 30 minutes. They didn't fall apart LOL. But they're just a display item at this point. They're actually slightly too small for me. Sz 11 back then wasn't the same as now. It was (and is) my size, but these OGs were so narrow (and I have narrow feet), they were never quite right. Contributed to the fact I barely ever wore them.

I love concords as much as the next man but imo they don’t hold a candle to the playoffs!

Mother ****er. I thought I was in the Playoff XI thread with those pics. Too much Miller Lite. Concords are still amazing. You aint lived to you have em. lol.

Blasphemous!
Yeahhhhhhhhhh ... Concords have always been the GOAT to me, and still are. Black/reds are actually my No. 3 after Concords and Jams. I get why others feel differently, but the Concords are the greatest shoe of all time to me. Those things blow my ****ing mind. I like the black/reds way more now than I did back in '96, but Concords are just ... I can't even explain it. Especially when fresh and new. But I have a thing for white/black Jordans. Something about the contrast is just special to my eyes. I bought four pairs of Concords back in December. I'm not even sure I'll buy more than one pair of these. If I do, two will be the max, just for back-up in case I get drunk and do something stupid to pair No. 1 :lol:

Hahahahaha. Never. I'm not even bothered about them, to be honest. I'll just wash them up with the J Markk and back on the shelf they go. I did put them on two months ago one night and wore them around the house for 30 minutes. They didn't fall apart LOL. But they're just a display item at this point. They're actually slightly too small for me. Sz 11 back then wasn't the same as now. It was (and is) my size, but these OGs were so narrow (and I have narrow feet), they were never quite right. Contributed to the fact I barely ever wore them.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh ... Concords have always been the GOAT to me, and still are. Black/reds are actually my No. 3 after Concords and Jams. I get why others feel differently, but the Concords are the greatest shoe of all time to me. Those things blow my ****ing mind. I like the black/reds way more now than I did back in '96, but Concords are just ... I can't even explain it. Especially when fresh and new. But I have a thing for white/black Jordans. Something about the contrast is just special to my eyes. I bought four pairs of Concords back in December. I'm not even sure I'll buy more than one pair of these. If I do, two will be the max, just for back-up in case I get drunk and do something stupid to pair No. 1 :lol:
There is no wrong order if concords, space jams and playoffs make up your top 3!

I’m one if those dudes who wears his kicks almost immediately after buying them. I don’t wear them out the store, but always within a few days. Forget leaving them on ice. I buy my shoes to wear them, nuff said.
Same, I love wearing a new purchase. No ice in my closet.

IMG_20190511_180342.jpg
IMG_20190511_180432.jpg
IMG_20170912_175351.jpg

Last time I post these pics. For all the original heads still out there with there pairs. These are a grail to the fullest extent. I am so ready for this retro.

Wish I had mine still, but I wore them to the ground literally. Probably wore them at least 1000-2000 times?? I ain’t kidding when I say this my fav shoe ever. December can’t come soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom