Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

Doesn't deserve them because he doesn't wanna spend more then retail...lmao...that might be the dumbest thing I read here. Me personally, I refuse to pay $1 over retail for anything.
I pay over retail quite often for the shoes I really want that I missed out on the last several years but I completely understand and respect where you’re coming from also. Because the way I see it the damn things are already overpriced so not wanting to pay more than retail is completely rational.

LOLLLL- a lot of people have been waiting a decade plus for these so do you. Team retail must be nice but I know at that rate I’d miss out on a lot of stuff In todays shoe game where bots and resellers are the norm. $30-$40 over retail considering all those factors is solid especially bc prices won’t get any cheaper. So again, yea if he can spend $200 but not $230/$240 then he needs to keep it moving buddy.
I also see and respect this point of view. And that’s how I operate. If I have been waiting a long time for a $200 shoe or if I missed a shoe that I love that came out a couple years ago what’s an additional $40 for a shoe that I really want? So yeah I’ve been copping a lot of shoes over retail but try my best to cop new releases at retail.

I also see and respect this point of view. And that’s how I operate. If I have been waiting a long time for a $200 shoe or if I missed a shoe that I love that came out a couple years ago what’s an additional $40 for a shoe that I really want? So yeah I’ve been copping a lot of shoes over retail but try my best to cop new releases at retail.
I said the same thing .. if you like the shoe wtf is 30/40 when you already spending 200 . If that 30/40 killing you like that pic another hobby ya digg

I said the same thing .. if you like the shoe wtf is 30/40 when you already spending 200 . If that 30/40 killing you like that pic another hobby ya digg
Me personally if I really want a shoe I’m gonna spend within reason what I have to to get it. When the price gets around $400 is when I personally start having a problem. I like to wear all my shoes but it’s hard for me when they’re worth that much. Sucks for me. For instance I really want the FOG triple blacks and oatmeals but if I pay resale I’m afraid I won’t want to wear em and I tried retail and failed. Makes me wanna get the reps if I knew they were comfortable and extremely close to 1:1 ngl. TS 6 is another one. I may crack and pay resale. I do have a problem with buying sneakers I don’t need. I do get not wanting to pay more than retail I do. But I don’t get making it a hard rule to not ever be broken. Is it on principle to not give the resellers money?

I don't know what planet y'all from, but 30-40 bucks is 30-40 bucks.

Why not pay 4 bucks a gallon for gas, we're already paying 2.50...what's another 1.50 anyway? Shouldn't own a car if you're sweating a measly 1.50 a gallon right?
No BS lol. Just boils down to whether the desire wins superiority over sound financial principles. Buying the shoes at retail is already economically unwise. Not wanting to spend a penny over retail is just a display of better discipline in regards to this example of shoe buying. Weird how that’s attacked or ridiculed.

Why not pay 4 bucks a gallon for gas, we're already paying 2.50...what's another 1.50 anyway? Shouldn't own a car if you're sweating a measly 1.50 a gallon right?

If I need or want the gas, I’ll pay $4/gallon. I’m not going to run out of gas just out of principle.

Also, at some point driving further away to save $0.10-$0.30 a gallon doesn’t make sense. That’s how I feel about sneakers. If I want them bad enough, I’ll pay. And if it’s only $30-$40 over retail, that’s hardly worth my time and efforts. Obviously everyone’s financial situation is different.

Last edited:
If I need or want the gas, I’ll pay $4/gallon. I’m not going to run out of gas just out of principle.

Also, at some point driving further away to save $0.10-$0.30 a gallon doesn’t make sense. That’s how I feel about sneakers. If I want them bad enough, I’ll pay. And if it’s only $30-$40 over retail, that’s hardly worth my time and efforts. Obviously everyone’s financial situation is different.
The point isn't that you shouldn't pay more if you really want a shoe. The gas thing is just an example. Point is, you can't scoff at folks that have a hard cap and refuse to pay over retail. Money is money and that 30-40 bucks adds up. Next thing you know, in 5 years, we are looking at 250 retail as being the norm...the seeds of which sprouted from conversations like this.

I'm not against going a bit over retail for a sneaker I really have to have. I paid 230 shipped for my flint 13s. But I'll never approach the topic from the stand point of "if you can't afford to put an extra dub on it, then you shouldn't be in the game." That's always the WRONG answer.

That approach to that extra 30-40 bucks is the difference between wealth and po' pimpin' imo

Do you math? What planet are YOU on lol. Bad comparison. Just stupid actually and I will explain why.

First if you’re paying 2.50 for gas an extra 1.50 is a 60% increase. On a 200 dollar shoe and extra $30 is only a 15% increase.

Second gas is not a luxury item. Nobody NEEDS a pair of overpriced Jordans. It would be much more efficient to buy Skechers once every 18 months or so.

Third if it’s something you really want what’s it matter to pay extra to have it? If $30 is too much for you then maybe find a different hobby? Do what you want though just my opinion...

I try my hardest to get kicks at retail or even below. But if I dont score - I don't mind paying resell if it's a shoe I gotsta have. I have a limit though. $300 is my limit. I could've copped deadstocked Chicago 1's three years ago for my size 14 for $350, or Jordan 3 2013 white cements for around $340 but I stood by my principals. Sure it's tempting but I have no regrets.

Do you math? What planet are YOU on lol. Bad comparison. Just stupid actually and I will explain why.

First if you’re paying 2.50 for gas an extra 1.50 is a 60% increase. On a 200 dollar shoe and extra $30 is only a 15% increase.

Second gas is not a luxury item. Nobody NEEDS a pair of overpriced Jordans. It would be much more efficient to buy Skechers once every 18 months or so.

Third if it’s something you really want what’s it matter to pay extra to have it? If $30 is too much for you then maybe find a different hobby? Do what you want though just my opinion...
You lost the point long ago.

Matter of fact, you never got the point. You just saw "gas" and ran with it.

Moving on

Last edited:
Paying stupid high resell prices for a GR def gets me heated. Depending on the shoe, I kind of have a price in my head on how high I will go. If its a "cant live without type shoe" I will pay to get it. I have stood firmly on both sides of this topic. Taken lots of Ls. Certain shoes are going to mean more to people then others. I do not believe anyone is less or more deserving though. It is sad how JB plays us with availability.

82F637FB-9565-4D0A-813C-80D8D7F10F29.jpeg

Dicks pair finally got delivered yesterday... was supposed to get delivered Thursday but their system automatically changed my address and removed the apt #, so I had a helluva time trying to get them to add it, called fedex... was told that Dicks had to call to have it changed, but everytime I called they gave me the run around and told me I needed to call fedex. The box gets here and looks like this...

20200705_194059.jpg
20200705_194111.jpg

Dicks pair finally got delivered yesterday... was supposed to get delivered Thursday but their system automatically changed my address and removed the apt #, so I had a helluva time trying to get them to add it, called fedex... was told that Dicks had to call to have it changed, but everytime I called they gave me the run around and told me I needed to call fedex. The box gets here and looks like this...

20200705_194059.jpg
20200705_194111.jpg

That sucks, but next time just have it held at FedEx then pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom